Am I really an Empath?
updated by @irvine-krei-alforte: 01/09/17 05:13:03PM
For sure you are an empath! You have all the classic signs and most of us here have have come here with the same doubts you have.
One of our members, Bing, has a wealth of information (which he will almost certainly post to your page in the next day or two) and I'll add my usual "welcome package" over there too.
You are in the right place! Welcome to the EC.
It took many of us decades to find this community and to understand what being an empath really meant. I didn't fully get it until 2012 when I turned 56!
You are starting much younger. That may mean a steeper learning curve but your generation are starting from a place that many of us old fogies only dreamed about.
Good luck with all the reading. Keep asking questions!
I don't agree with that trait about empaths crying.
There are lots of lists about traits of an empath. I have whittled them down to:
- Were you described as over-sensitive as a child?
- Do you pick up energy from other people?
- Do you avoid crowds?
- Do you avoid watching the news and sad or violent movies?
- Do you sense when someone is not telling the truth?
- Do you experience emotions for reasons that you often dont understand and cant control?
Sending you a friend request !