I MUST get something off my chest

To post a reply, login or signup

Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
Let me start by saying that I posted a video a few nights ago (must admit I only watched about half of it before my eyes started to close) and I stopped watching, posted it to this site and went to bed. The video I am speaking of,in case you didn't see it, basically spoke of accepting all people around us and having unconditional love. No one liked it and that made me kinda sad that no one felt they could embrace everyone. Then someone even posted that they don't agree with me and how can we love unconditionally and accept all people (and no offense to the person that posted and with all due respect my post here is NOT because of you nor directed at you in any way). The point of not being able to embrace murderers I understand but I liked this video because it can serve me in times when I get bad feelings about people. I used to get overwhelmed sometimes when I was out in public, people would disgust me or irritate me. I used to get so angry that people have no respect for one another and behave so badly. But then I got to thinking " Who are we to judge people?" We are equal beings and I don't think of myself as better then ANYONE. Is that why we have our gifts so we can "persecute" or deem someone not a good person? Isn't there enough divide amongst the population already? I don't think people are born bad(except of course for really bad people like murders, etc) I think a string of events or bad luck or both cause a person to make the wrong decisions and/or go down the wrong path. Heaven knows my temper and bottled up emotions have gotten the best of me at times and I've said things I've regretted and I was UGLY. If I didn't have such a great family maybe I would be a different person. Had I succumb to the negativity and hatred maybe I would have been a bitter, rude, mean old hag, does that mean I do not deserve love and compassion? Is that why we are the way we are to judge and stick labels on good people who are just lost, or haven't found themselves and we avoid them at at all costs as if they didn't exist, didn't matter? Again murders and pedophiles and such are a different breed, and Im excluding them as they are born sick and/or evil. What about the souls that are here cause they still need to grow and learn and the bad things they are doing are for a reason? We can only truly see the error in our ways when we hit rock bottom, maybe these people need to be this way so they can have their revelation (s). Some people it's okay to care about, others not? They aren't from the same creator that we are from? Or originating from the same place as us? I should get to my point.From November since I learned about empaths and why I've been feeling like this all my life until last week, I feel like I've been running around a dark 300 room mansion with fogged up goggles on and a dim flashlight, frantically opening every door trying to find the room I fit in. So obsessed with what "I" am supposed to be doing, how "I" am supposed to do it, how "I" be can stronger. How can "I" make myself feel better. See my point here I, I , I or should I say me, me, me. I mean yes we need to understand, heal and love ourselves first before we can be of good to anyone else but when our life solely revolves around our needs and we control our environment to the point where we stop interacting I don't think that is healthy either. I think the ones that have gotten past the What can I do for me and asked instead what can I do for others are the ones that are truly happy and see the big picture, they are on the right paths. Truth is doesn't matter what we choose to call ourselves or what category we fit in or even how "strong" you are. What matters is that you are awake & aware.I was cooking Friday night and thinking about all the things I needed to do the next day when suddenly it was as if time stopped. I was hearing a narration?? There was no voice but I can't explain it but this is what I picked up;We, (the awake) are intricate pieces of a huge puzzle. ALL of us are beautiful, complicated, unique pieces of a puzzle and each and every one of is equally as important and needed in order to see the big picture. I saw a type of map with points on it making these webs all over the world like marking organizations or gathering points? We are meant to group together in our communities and start helping our communities because only together can we actually be powerful. Together our light will shine so bright that it will spread across the whole world faster then any of our earth known viruses. Our light will be infectious. I saw the inside of a building, kinda had a community house feel to it cause people where preparing baskets to give out to the needy. Not sure if this was everyday thing or after a catastrophe but I saw beautiful white light around the people's aura as they bent to put stuff in the boxes, baskets ?? the light moved with them. I saw a marquee ( old cinema signs) and it said HELP. Now I don't know if that what was pertaining to what we are supposed to do or what we are supposed to call ourselves cause then I started processing wordsHealers, Empaths, LightworkersWe are all the same AWAKE. What we choose to call ourselves doesn't matter, the important thing is that we shine our light and show the compassion and love that has been bottled up inside us waiting to burst out. Regular people are ready for it but the ways of society makes it hard for them to break out of the shell they have put themselves in. Political correctness, fear, apathy, peers ridiculing them, are all amongst the evil influences that have a hold on good people, stopping good people from taking a stand and changing things to how they would want it to be. Some souls spend their lives thinking there are no good souls left. People like us are more "powerful" in numbers, together our good will and energy will make others want to do the same. Together we collectively have the answers to all our questions. Alone we can heal a few, together our limitations are boundlessI don't think what I saw will be happening anytime in the really near future. I know it's because there are some of us who are too self absorbed right now, I even got the feeling or vision of a person rehearsing in a mirror chest all puffed up from the large ego?? Can it be I'm not sure if some empaths are full of themselves, but I got feelings of vanity and pride, and then I felt like these people were surrounded by other empath and slowly the circle got larger and larger away from them, as if they will be discovered and "ostracized".That's what I felt and that's how I feel. I know this to be true, I feel it in every fiber of my being and I know in order for me to get rid of the tightening in my chest/throat I needed to get this out there. I told myself let it go and if I really need to post it I will get a sign and then I got this is my newsfeed when I logged into Facebook trying to get my mind on something elsehttp://uk.businessinsider.com/how-to-be-happier-according-to-matthieu-ricard-the-worlds-happiest-man-2016-1LOVE & lightEva
updated by @eva: 03/09/17 03:49:35PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
last year
273 posts

Hi Eva: a long post but for me a couple of sentences stand out...

We are meant to group together in our communities and start helping our communities because only together can we actually be powerful.

Alone we can heal a few, together our limitations are boundless

I totally agree!

I have been saying this quietly for a couple of years now. The Guides started emphasizing this at the end of last year and I am starting to share this more openly here in Asheville. For the many empaths here who are isolated in small towns, know that even being part of this community is an important step.

Eva, thank you for adding your voice!

Blessings,

Trevor

Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
Thank you Trevor. I didn't realize how long it was, immodium doesn't make anything for my verbal problem. I edit it and took out all the "me me me" so it's much shorter now :)
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I hope, Eva, I can get to the point of unconditional love that your at but I haven't yet. The only way I could do that would be to lock myself end. I can not hate. But have found it's a whole lot easier to go around a narcissist then go though them. There is danger out there for us and every good hearted person that walks the earth. I refuse to be anyone's personal emotional punching bag and I do get defensive when my good is used in that way. I try to leave everyone better than I find them. I hope , one day , I can see love in every adult and in their intentions like I do children and animals but unfortunately I have gotten their yet. It's good to know there are people like you that can sit good examples of love It gives hope. And we need a lot of hope.
Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
It's a working progress my dear. I won't lie, I still have moments but I choose what thoughts I let it now. As I feel an emotion coming I ask myself will this serve me any good and if the answer is no then I don't even allow myself the time to process the thought. I push it away. Loving unconditionally does take effort but much less then hating unconditionally and that's much more draining too! Be patient with yourself, no one is perfect!
Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
Sorry forgot to mention; you will only be someone's punching bag if you allow youself to be. Offer your hand to help but you can't force them to take it. If they don't, walk away, it's not their time yet. Also we have a tendency to spot the most severe cases or most lost cases. Don't mistake your radar warning as a call to help them. They are like tornado, once they touch ground they will suck you up and toss you around and you'll be lucky if they set you back down unscathed. I don't know if this will make sense to you but anyone that has really messed me up has always at one point or other giving me that look, kinda like how a dog eyes a steak. Like any other species, when something looks at you like that, run or play dead!
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
I didn't see your video, but I understand your point...that we must all strive for unconditional love, albeit hard to do at times. When it gets hard, I remember the native ameri saying " Forbid that I judge any man until I have walked two moons in his moccasins." Also try to see from an animal point of view.....i.e. Dogs that bite, most of these poor souls do so because of the way they have been treated. We need to view the world from the shoes of the other person and think.....if I had been though what they have, how would I act?
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

hehe - I saw the video, and I said I disagree with the video. But maybe I did not express myself clear enough. And maybe you did not see enough of the video? Of course we should try to love ALL. We should love every single being unconditionally. I definitely do not think I am worth more than any other being! Not more than a grain of sand, but no less than a sun either (o.k - the sun is likely loads of beings, so let's say no less than a sun being)

What bothered me about the video is that the girl did not just promote unconditional love, she basically accused all empath that they do not love unconditionally enough. I.e. supposedly we only get negative emotions from others when we do not love them unconditionally, but rather still 'judge' them negatively on some level. Now I have had loads of such intuitions in the past, and I am confident that they did not come from (good) Spirit, but from negative energies trying to bring me down with fabricated, unjustified guilt. I used to be a sucker for guilt, used to put on every guilt shoe I could find, was in a guilt based cult etc. But I came out the other end - and I got a very sensitive guilt-manipulator-sensor for it now. Do not get me wrong, it is always good to check ones own heart first, when we are in a conflict of any kind, overtly, or even just emotionally about someone - are we unjustly, wrongly judging, conceited, envious, jealous? But if one wholeheartedly seeks to improve oneself - one learns where one has wrongly viewed things in ones life. One might make the same mistake again, a few more times - but at some point we are so aware, we do not make the same mistake again... Everyone has to decide for oneself how advanced one is, but often we are our most stern judges anyway...

I work with massage and healing clients. Sometimes I get a client - and I do not feel love for them. There is energies blocking me 'feeling' the love. But I do have my mind still. I know any block is an illusion, and I do my best to dissolve any block. And many times, about 30-45min into a massage, 'judgement' falls away, and they are just a person. I might not want to marry them, or be best friends with them, but there is no negative feelings either. I have learned though, that on this planet that can be a miracle already. Many people really do not like themselves, they are full of self-judgement - and they project that out. They create their blockages. They think they are not lovable, and they project that out.. And (some) empaths can feel it!

I used to beat myself up for not 'feeling' the love, but I do not anymore. It is not my fault!!! And it surely is not why I might e.g. feel the depression behind their blockages, which can disaffect me (feeling depressed energies usually is no joyous occasion). I know though that I prove my love for them by continuing with my work, Channeling healing for many people can be uncomfortable, but I do not stop. Trying to understand the mechanisms of their energies, of blockages etc. to best handle and dissolve them, is an act of love too. etc. etc. .

There is also the dynamic of - as long as people have a conscience at all (i.e. are not psychopathic), with every questionable, disharmonious thing they do, they create guilt in their being. Some have enormous amounts of guilt. That guilt does not make them love themselves anymore though. I have had clients where I put my hands on and literally became nauseous, and had to really force myself not to wretch. To just somewhat dislike them by the end of a two hour session is no small feat. Sometimes a healing for such a person is so traumatic, I really just want to block them in my phone, but as long as I do not feel physically threatened, I do not do that. I tell myself that after all, even if they actually mainly came for a massage, they still chose a masseur, who is a healer too - so some part of them is seeking help. If you want a physical analogy, and sorry for being so drastic, I remember a case in my nursing days, where a homeless man was delivered into A&E. This man had not washed in months. The smell was very, very bad. His skin was stained brown by dirt. Still he got undressed, washed, and treated! To tell a nurse though - 'Oh, if you have any feelings of disgust, or his smell bothers you, it is because you do not love unconditionally enough' - is offensive, I am sorry. :))

Or in other words, I believe, it is no sin for us empath to feel negative feelings for some people, the sin would be to act or think negatively because of those feelings!

So that is why videos like hers make me angry (and then I remember to send her love anyway). She might not mean bad, she might just be confused - but her message does (to my strong feeling) not empower Lightworkers, it diminished them (if taken on). If your vision of Lightworkers uniting and achieving ever greater things is to materialize, it is much easier if we learn to see through false teachings. If we weed out teaching that make us feel incapable, or take on guilt for things that we have no play in....

Love and Light!

Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
Its so relieving to know people agree we should try to love unconditionally. I think only saint-like people can do it without effort. Cat Whisperer I really appreciated the saying, 2 moons is so much more reasonable then the American expression of a day in another man shoes :) I consider myself the dog whisperer, wonder if there's any coincidence human + connecting with nature=better understanding, more harmony.

And yes Goodhealingenergy I agree with what you said "the sin would be to act or think negatively because of those feelings", that's exactly my point. Again my post had nothing to do with you, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and even though you are a good looking man in your pic there I didn't pic up conceit LOL :) If anything you opened the door for me to vent about some of the young ones I've come across that "Oh I hate that person", and other stuff I can't even repeat. And I really love how we interacted there, I said I didn't watch all of the video, and you in return said in maybe you didn't explain yourself properly, I wish everyone was like that. Just curious what your thoughts are on approaching a client about the bad energy they are eminating or holding on it or just what you see in them? Nay or yay? I did it once 3 yrs ago and I'm still not sure if it was a smart move or not
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

I am very careful with sharing what I have intuned. Especially if I do not know people well. Maybe it would be different if I advertised as a psychic, but since I only offer massage and healing (and with the healing bit, my Association's Code of Conduct actually does not allow us to say anything anyway) I rarely do. But there is other factors I consider too, a.) I would never call myself a reliable psychic. Intuition, can be warped. Sometimes energies can lie.b.) sometimes I get hit by my client's energies hours before or after a treatment, so if I do not see a client a few times I cannot tell for sure, if I might just get overlap feelings from another client. c.) most clients have stress, guilt etc. - In our society, day and age (well, at least in Westerm societies), it is 'normal'.

So I console myself to know that the healing channeled will bear fruit. Then I have written my book, and have it on display. Also I might occasionally, if it feels 'ok', ask if clients maybe meditate, give some grounding advice, and tell them that it can help with detoxing stress energies etc.. Or mention vit D3, as a good tonic for energy, mood, and immunity.... And occasionally clients will ask me questions, which will allow me to talk more about energies. But then too, I will usually just give them tools (grounding etc.) to handle their energies, an not tell them that they are negative. All that with an exceptions make the rule proviso :))

P.S. Thanks for the compliment :)

Bing
@bing
last year
548 posts

344_discussions.jpg345_discussions.jpg346_discussions.jpg?width=721347_discussions.jpg?width=721348_discussions.jpgHi Eva

I did not see your video link, but will look for it. I LOVED the link to the monk and will be sharing it with others who I communicate with, as well as posting it on my FB page. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am approaching the point of unconditional love and it is a very beautiful place to be. When I find myself returning to "normal" mode I say STOP to myself, sometimes out loud, and then recite "I am Light; I am Love" a few times until I go back to my comfortable place in the Light.I have a poster that says "Before you say somethingwill it be better than the beauty of silence ? " Welcome to the EC and please stay andshare your Light energy with us. It is nice to meet you. Know that you are loved.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

moon
@moon
last year
73 posts

Eva, I wholeheartedly agree with you. It's so easy for people to become moralistic and so eager to validate that they are not one of "them". I honestly believe that we are all children of light and there's nothing I couldn't be given the right circumstances for better or worse - the same biology, chemistry, early experiences, etc.

Byron Katie (The Work) talks about speaking at prisons and thanking the prisoners for taking on that role so the rest of us don't have to. I think we all take turns with these "roles" - victim/perpertrator because this is a world of duality. It's easy to feel good about the saints among us and it's easy to have compassion for the innocent. To have true unconditional love for all of humanity is hard because we must include those who are sick and act in ways that disgust and terrify us. God (the Divine, Goddess, Higher Power) loves them too. We are not there yet but maybe we should at least understand the concept...

Do you have a link to the video you mentioned?

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

well said. It ain't easy to 'feel' love for the great and bad perpetrators on this planet; murderers, dictators, psychopaths, narcissists, etc. - but we should never forget that they are individualized divine beings as well. Nothing is outside of creation, and at some point we will truly be ONE with them again too. Practically speaking it might take hours of meditation to feel a connection and love for a great villain, and I am usually busy rather sending distant healing to beings which are closer to my hear, but saying a prayer for them , sending a blessing is quick and easy, and I at least check that there is no feelings of hate, or desires of vengeance against such inside me! Love and Light!

moon
@moon
last year
73 posts

"Nothing is outside of creation..." I like that. I truly believe that the very best we can do is to send prayer - positive energy - however one sees it. We have to "fix" things on that level and allow it to "trickle down" to the material plane. Righteous indignation and militant protest hasn't gotten us very far in terms of all of our issues. Thank you for your service in that regard!

Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
Hello Bing, thank you for starters for the quotes I love them. Secondly you have an amazing talent of picking the perfect words to lift someone up, I'm guessing that's why your site admin but THANK You nonetheless!
Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
Thank you for sharing that Moon, makes you look at people like that in a different light. As for the video I've never went back to look for it again, which means it was probably not all that special but I guess it was impotant for me at that time. It was the first positive thinking video I had found and I think people should post a bit more inspiring, positive thinking stuff on the main page just to show the newcomers it's not all about feeling the bad and dealing with the bad :)
moon
@moon
last year
73 posts

I'm sorry that you've had that experience. I struggled for many years before learning I was an empath. Couldn't understand why I always had panic attacks when walking into the courthouse just to deliver papers for my job, literally couldn't be around certain people or had to push down a need to run out of the mall! I eventually developed an autoimmune disease and began looking for answers. Learning I was an empath was a relief and explained so many things. For me, just understanding (finally) was a major positive point on my journey.

I think a lot of people get stuck in thinking they've been cursed with empathic qualities. I see it as a gift and I try to accept and honor it as best I can.

I completely agree that positive thoughts are key because they change our frequency. The highest frequency I've ever been in is gratitude and I strive for that every day even though I don't always get there!

Eva, welcome to the boards - you will find a great many like souls here. I'm so sorry that you had a negative experience. Don't let it affect you in any way. Keep spreading the word of "positivity". A lot of people need to hear it!

Angel
@angel
last year
607 posts

If we all agreed, we would never evolve or grow. I feel it's through diversity that we learn all the lessons that many people obtain to reach. I don't unconditionally love come naturally, I feel it's forged, but where is the balance between unconditional love and allowing others who have no desire for unconditional love to cause harm to others? Unconditional love isn't accepting them for they are loving them regardless, it's learning to love them in spite of it. It's easy to say " I love you and see you as another human being" until they take away someone you l love. Noone would be able to get to that point without these people nor would they be able to fully understand unconditional love without actually experiencing it. At what point do we draw the line?

We are all on an individual path and at different stages of our soul development. Noone ever said that the development would result in everyone being good people. People develop according to what they choose to develop into, it's the cost of freewill. So some people will develop into the worst people on the planet, yet their life still has a purpose because these are the people who help more "light" people evolve to greater understandings of their own development.

I feel that we are both light and dark. Not all light and not all dark, we are balance between them both. The anger a murder has within is no different then anyone else, but the choices they make that is what makes them different. You can't have light without dark and visa versa. We have a light side and a shadow side that alot of people don't like to awknowledge, yet it's still there. It has to be because we wouldn't grow without both aspects. Yet, society at some point has to also protect themselves. On a spiritual level, it's a soul evolution process, on a human level, it's drawing those lines within our own selves for our own survival.

Even if someone ever did mange to learn unconditional love, has anyone experieinced the depth of what that type of love requires? Not many I would imagine. In order to learn that type of love comes from many different circumstances. If a husband was murdered, the wife may eventually find forgiveness within, but if he rapes and brutally kills her child, this would require a different aspect of that unconditional love and may or may not be able to achieve it. She may not want to.

Many people say we shouldn't judge, yet they to are guilty of judging those who judge,lol. It's a paradox :) People judge because it helps them to set their own boundaries for life in general. Do we allow those who want to cause innocent people harm? If we don't judge, we don't fight and if we don't fight there would be noone to stand up against the unjust. You fight now for peace, but it will be a continious war because not everyone wants peace. But without that fight, we would loose our freewill.

Anyway's, this is my own opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with it, but I guess that's what discussions are for :)

Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
K here is the video but I only got 16 minutes into it.http://youtu.be/Y_yxGhKYlP0Now let's be clear, unconditional love doesn't mean unconditional "sacrificing" of oneself to help someone. Unconditional love, to me, means accepting a soul for who they are and respecting the reasons for why they are who they are. We don't NEED to give them the shirts off our backs or put ourselves in bad situations. By being ourselves and talking to them and showing them the same respect we show others may be just enough. Sometime something we say to them will all of a sudden click 2 years later and suddenly they understand or stuff like that but also by being nice to them you save yourself the guilt of being mean, cold etc and you don't have any negative feelings to deal with. As I've said before I'm not good with words and I don't know proper term but here goes:Lately I feel like the light I would feel in my heart/chest when meditating has expanded and grown to the point where it's like running tap or maybe a air vent would be a better example. That vent is constantly blowing out hot air :0) to the point where any dust or dirt trying to enter just gets pushed out of blown away. (I'm still making conscious efforts to "send off" that negative energy sometimes but live looks much better from this perspective and I'm calmer and happier. Here's another example my parents bickered ALL the time. It was draining. I stopped going over and avoided anytime alone with them. My dad in his mind was never wrong and I sensed so much anger. Anyways to make a long story short after I changed my perspective I realized that anger I was picking up on was not his. I looked deeper and realized the true problem. I waiting it out for my gut to tell me when and if I should act and that day came. One simple and innocent yet awesome conversation later and they haven't argued in weeks. (I also stuck some agates in there plants)And the part about negative energy take for example what I learned from watching my many nieces and nephews grow up, the ones that had sanitary freaks as parents where the ones that got sick more often. If you protect yourself from every microbe out there then there's a good chance when you get into contact with the smallest of things in may just knock you right out.Be well everyone, even if we don't agree :)
updated by @eva: 11/24/16 08:37:07AM
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

I am sure you mean well, but if you've just discovered you're an empath in the last few months, you are probably not the most well-equipped to know what every other empath on the planet or even this site is supposed to do.

I found your statement that a person is only a punching bag for others if they allow themselves to be both ignorant and offensive. You might not want to bring that up to anyone who has lost a loved one to domestic violence, for starters - but if you are actually an empath, you may well find as time goes on that none of this is as simple as you currently imagine it to be.

Eva
@eva
last year
13 posts
You are misunderstanding me, I'm just SHARING what I discovered, my only intent was to show happiness is possible. Not telling anyone what they are supposed to do and or how to live their lives, just sharing my outlook. And the only thing I think I stressed is that we need each other. As for it being simple, I never said that either.

As for your comment on domestic abuse that was way out of left field. Sorry you feel that way

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book