Full Moon and Emotions

To post a reply, login or signup

Larkspur
@larkspur
last year
4 posts

Does anyone else have a particularly difficult time with experiencing extreme feelings and emotions during a full moon? I notice it every time and it gets to the point where I want to hide in my bedand just cry. It's like I'm on overload. How do you shield from this?

updated by @larkspur: 02/10/17 08:51:57PM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Yes, I feel the pull of the moon on my emotions. My whole body seems to respond to the universe (cosmos). When I'm confused about my mood swings, I look at an astrology website for some reassurance that it's not just me :) If you don't have a favorite website already, the one I use is Cafe Astrology.

Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

I guess you could say that. Things tend to be heightened. Very often I wake during the night of find it difficult to get to sleep.

Larkspur
@larkspur
last year
4 posts

Thank you , I will check into that!

Leafherder
@leafherder
last year
35 posts
Yes, I find full moons accentuate whatever energy is already there. For me, I find it is a very good time for me to address one or two issues it is in my power to help. Usually, I want to "clean house" in some way - redesigning or getting rid of the junk - either literally in parts of my home, or as an internal exercise. That gives me something to do and a sense of control. For the surplus, I tend to let all the heightened emotions flow through me. I use all the tools I know to ground myself, and that lets all the screaming buildup of emotion flow through - without trying to label every emotion coming through.The best thing to do to get rid of emotions is to feel them. I mean really feel them through your entire body. Resisting them taps your energy and muddles the emotions together, tricking you into making you think you feel off-balance because of an external event rather than just need to release all the stuck emotion.There are meditations that involve nothing more than crying for a half hour followed laughing for half hour. Personally, I find it more helpful to seclude myself, feel whatever emotion is coming up and expand it like overacting (fake it until you feel it), go ahead and be an emotional wreck about it like some kind of performance art piece, then end with laughing, then centered deep breathing, water, and a snack. It makes more sense to try being a lunatic for a while and feel better than to feel like a lunatic and lock yourself away indefinitely. At least, that's what I said to myself. And now sometimes when the moon's full, I simply feel more energized. I wish you well.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
This last full moon was extremely intense. I just wanted to crawl in a hole or just completely leave the planet altogether. That makes sense on not fighting the emotions. I think it just made it worse :/ I do have to say though, on a positive note... It was beautiful :)
Sarah
@sarah
last year
386 posts

YEs! I get all out of whack and I have trouble sleeping and it feels like all my emotions are turned up. I just ride it out as best as I can.

Larkspur
@larkspur
last year
4 posts

Thank you, I now do not feel so alone in what I am feeling. It is just so very intense, that it gets unbearable. I thought I was losing my mind.(Through extreme emotions)I will find ways to ground myself.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book