Lavender&rose
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

I pick up things in a very physical fashion, also. I pick up random people's aches and sometimes searing pains. If it's really bad I might involuntarily exclaim - one woman looked at me oddly andsaid, I've got a pain in that area since giving birth... Those sorts of pains leave once I leave the company, or a short time later. (Headaches may linger.)

I also get the burping with certain foreign energies. If I burp, myself, it's for a reason. This other sort of burping is compulsive and ongoing and attached to nothing currently going on in my digestive system. It's very particular. In "The Shaman in Stilettoes", the Peruvian shaman teaches the author that energy is released via the mouth or anus. I can vouch for that, with these sorts of pickups! Which doesn't mean all gas is foreign energy. I get the burping mostly with distance energy, soI don't have so much public embarrassment; or I'll find I'm burping after a trip to the supermarket. I get a lot of interesting headaches in group settings, also.

It all sounds of course very wacky. I think we have to learn to discern over time what is ours and what is not and how to deal with it. I do find a meditation helpful to seive things through and also calm the body, and I keep records of occurences (lots of WTF!) to help glean whether or not I am picking stuff up, likely sources (I do generally know who, and certain pickups have unique 'signatures' to them). It is all very tiring.

Most empaths seem to be more emotional, mental. My 'gift' is very physical. Sounds like yours might be, also. Best advice I can give is the old adage, 'Know thyself.' And give it time. It's a trip!

Lulip
Lulip
@lulip
2 years ago
36 posts

I've gotten random pains as long as I can remember. The "jabbing sensation" is something that I can relate to a lot - I usually get those randomly even when I'm not around people. Being able to separate your energy from someone else's is a matter of practice. With pain, however, I usually just ask myself, "is this my pain? Could it be someone else's? Does it make SENSE for this to be my pain right now?" If comes out of nowhere and you aren't dehydrated or have any other physical ailments then it's safe to assume that you're just picking up on someone else's pain. It can get annoying, and to block it out I usually just imagine walls of energy surrounding me.

Hope that helps! :)

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
I have these pains also but I have sore spots on my body. Like there should be a bruise at these spots. They come and go. Some will be so tender but no bruise ever appears. I soak in Epsom salt water and that's helps a whole lot and I have been told this also is a good way to ground.
Dice
Dice
@dice
2 years ago
285 posts

I do too...

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book