Am I an empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Khairi
@khairi
last year
11 posts
Posted it the wrong way I think. Ok I just want to say hello to all of you and thank you all in advance for reading my post. I am new to all of this on the topic of empaths but I feel that I may be one I just am not sure if I am or not the reason I ask is because I have had a number of personal things that I see meet the same requirements that make up of being an empath. The reason I feel I may be an empath is because I have always felt like I was a little different from the bunch back in school I was the kid who was normally all to myself I had friends of course but in most cases the friends I had were normally because they walked up to me I am the type of person who has a tendency to say yes to what a person asks me to do I really have trouble saying no if I get asked a favor I usually say yes without even thinking about it there will be times I'll go just about an entire day without even knowing I haven't eaten that day because I've been so busy out helping others I have always come off as the shy type and I always just stick to myself I enjoy the quietness as often as I can get it. I actually suffered from a childhood traumatic experience when I was about 7 years old my shirt actually caught on fire and I went through a lot from that night for about a few months afterwards it was going back and forth to the burn unit at such a young age I'm 18 now and it actually still bothers me in a way I don't normally like to talk about it but I figure I could at least get some help from someone on here maybe someone can tell me anything about being an empath please or something I am a sensitive person I have been called shy, quiet, sensitive a few times in my life and there are times that I have even thought something was just wrong but I always knew I was different from the other kids my age and even some of the adults as well now. I actually heard from someone they feel I could be an empath and I guess in my heart I feel it too but I am having a hard time accepting it If anyone here can please help give me guidance or anything I would greatly appreciate it thanks.
updated by @khairi: 01/13/17 07:57:56AM
Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
The only person who can answer that question is you, but you don't need to have all the answers right away :)There are lots of helpful resources and articles on here which may help, this is a good place to start: http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/m/group/discussions?groupId=1571227%3AGroup%3A388613You may be highly sensitive, or an empath, or both. I find reading and talking to people here both very helpful and comforting. You will find the answers you are looking for in time if you are ready to search inside yourself and be accepting of what you discover. Goodluck and remember you are not alone, the people in this community are very kind and will help you as much as they can :)
Khairi
@khairi
last year
11 posts
Thank you so much for replying just this reply from you has me feeling a lot better because I am very confused and didn't know what to even do
Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
:) I'm glad it helped a little! The one thing I always like to remind people of is that no matter how confused or difficult things may seem (that is only natural as it can be a very confusing process) you are not alone here - it always makes me feel so much better when I'm feeling overwhelmed! Just take your time in searching for answers and know you will get to where you need to be - and I'm happy to talk if you need to anytime :) xx
Khairi
@khairi
last year
11 posts
Ok thank you very much I appreciate it a lot Bookworm

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book