Empathic Teachers

To post a reply, login or signup

Aurora70
@aurora70
last year
15 posts
I am an elementary school teacher at an alternative school and an empath. There are days I come home physically and emotionally drained by the many varied needs of my students. I am the teacher the students feel comfortable working out there issues with , this can come in the form of physicality and rambunctiousness or verbally. It is hard to give each student what they need while also getting my own needs met. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions of crystals to wear or mantras that have helped them to not feel so drained after dealing with a student that is flooded. I must continue teaching and day goes on after these big outbursts and moments of student dis regulation Any advice would be appreciated. I have been teaching for 22 years but just recently came into the awareness I am an empath two years ago . I have 14 plus years of working with students with special needs but during that time I had chronic migraines. I do not wish to go back to those days and my student population now includes several special needs children so any advice that can help me remain empathetic and open but safeguard myself. As well is appreciated. Thank you
updated by @aurora70: 07/10/17 09:36:01AM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

ok, not out of the perspective of a teacher, but masseur and healer here, so close client contact too....

I pray for perfect protections (well perfect might not be achievable, but as good as possible)_. I ask for my protections to be semi-permeable, and only let Good through, but not Bad. I also ask for perfect regular cleanings, protections and recharges of all my energies.

Regular grounding work. I ask for healthy Earth energies to come up and connect to my heels. They then pull out negative and stale energies, and give fresh energies up. If you feel drained try focusing on that connection for a bit. Hematite is a great 'grounding' stone, so you could use wear it or carry it on you.

The most powerful stone I have encountered is Preseli Bluestone - pure white energy. But clear quartz can have quite a punch too (and prettier)

I believe as empath we are just more (divine-) 'normal'. Being more sensitive is being more ones divine self. Every being has an innate right to happiness and wellbeing, we just have to claim it, and let the Divine know we want it. If stuff affects me negatively, drains me etc. I ask for it's healing. As such they are self-defense healings, and allowed (even if I do not have the permission of the healee). I obviously ask for those healings to be a effortless and wonderful as possible. Often , I feel a person does not just come with negative energy, but they are connected to negative energies in the outside, so I ask for all negative energy sources to be healed...

All the best!

Aurora70
@aurora70
last year
15 posts
Thank you , I will look into Hematite and remember to practice grounding. I appreciate your advice.
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
Dawn, perhaps try washing your hands in cool salt water. Maybe rub the back of your neck with it too. Also keep lavender essential oil at your desk and have a sniff from time to time. Something in your shoes would help too, not sure what kind of leaf might work, perhaps sage?It is an out of balance situation created by our modern society, perfect harmony all the time is unlikely.
Aurora70
@aurora70
last year
15 posts
Thank you for the suggestions I use lavender often but will try the others as well.
moon
@moon
last year
73 posts

Aurora, bless you for doing what you do. You are making a mark on generations of people yet to come. It's a very hard and draining job - it takes every part of you. My daughter is also a teacher and an empath. She has the same issues as you. She began doing yoga acouple of times a week and it's been helping her. It's a hard job - you have to be "on" every moment of the day. You can't put your feet up on the desk or hang out at the water cooler. Although she loves it, my daughter (Dana) is making plans to start her own education-related business. I think some jobs are just not meant to be forever at least not in the same capacity forever because there's a high inherent burnout factor. Dana describes some older women she works with who have been teaching for decades and they're so burned out they just "phone it in". That can't be good.

Aurora70
@aurora70
last year
15 posts
Thank you , I do need to remember to disconnect and not take it home. I appreciate your advice.
EmpathChakra77
@empathchakra77
last year
12 posts

Aurora70 thanks so much for sharing. The flood on energy must be exhausting

I have an 11 year old who is by definition an indigo child I mean exactly.

However current day establishment does not recognize that they insist ADHD and some suggest Asperger's due to his extreme intellect. I am 56 and 2 years ago if you told me I would be here typing this I would have said go see a doctor. I now know this happened to me so I could understand the needs of my son. He does not play sports or have friends although he is quite engaging obviously loves video games Minecraft ect. likes more of the complex games vs a first person shooter. Just the other day he says dad beware of the illuminati and he showed me the all seeing eye on the dollar bill, all the Rappers who do the triangle sigh. If that wasn't bad enough he made reference to the Matrix and he just turned 11..My issue is how do I deal with raising an Indigo child in a system that does not recognize what he truly is.

EmpathChakra77
@empathchakra77
last year
12 posts

Cbxjon..Any suggestions on how to bridge the gap without sounding like someone that does not have both oars in the water..

We have a parent teacher meeting tomorrow as a matter of fact and its about him not paying attention day dreaming ect all typical stuff Indigo children experience..

I can't just say well he is a starseed and finds your class boring because you are not challenging him..The kid is writing code for computers and he learned it on his own..Thanks in advance :-)

Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
Hi EC77,
My son was 'diagnosed' as gifted (nonverbal problem solving category) at about 10. He was tested, and I believe you might be able to request that. Here in Canada they are classified as 'special needs' children so the school will receive more money for this. Luckily this little town had a class for 'gifties' and he ended up with his own kind and wow did that help him blossom! Go on line and find a group for gifted children in your area. They are a wonderful support group and will give you all kinds of info/tips!
I wouldn't use the term 'indigo'. It is code word which means 'indicated' with CIA and these children can be used for nefarious purposes.
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
I'd also suggest looking into Bach flower remedies and homeopathy.My son would have had the label turrettes put on him, but I found a way to cure him and refused to go the standard medical route.
EmpathChakra77
@empathchakra77
last year
12 posts

Excellent suggestions Thanks

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book