Detached empath?

To post a reply, login or signup

Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
Are you still an empath if u don't get affected by emotion?It's weird it's like I feel with my brain, in thoughts. not my heart.like I analyse not feel.iI'm conscious of every 'feeling' and it's almost like I process it first. I can't cry. Unless I'm drunk then I don't stop. I don't drink.I only realised this is what's going on with me.Everything I've read is describing me to a tee. All these things that have never added up now do. I get this feeling inside like a knowing that this is why because I'm an empath. I had the best night sleep the night it dawned on me. I woke the next day feeling buoyant and the more and more I think about it it just seems to settle inside it just resonates so well.except this.could I have somehow gained too much control over what I 'feel'? Anybody else been desensitised?
updated by @kim4: 03/13/17 07:33:08AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I don't know if I understanding you correctly but once I learned to control some of it, I thought I had lost it too. But I didn't. Im still an Empath. At one time I wondered how I could be an Empath with a bad temper but I was. A lot of my temper was the feelings of others and I now control of it also..well.. Most of the time. I'm no expert but I think people process emotions differently. I also experience very high vibs sometimes and it because of someone's I'm picking up on is very excited or happy. And those vibs feel so good.I don't know if you can gain too much control , I think control is a good thing. Now , since you have control , let the journey begin....
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
Actually...I do the same thing...but I AM effected by emotions...lol...it's like my brain separates everything...breaks it all down as it goes through my system...I feel it as laughter sometimes...anger...sadness...but my brain can read what's in it...if the emotions are strong enough then I react accordingly...I can tell who it is if i've encountered the energy b4...if not..I wait until it becomes clear...I think it's how my brain processes...it doesn't mean i'm not an empath..because I still sense emotion...I feel a lot of communications come through my heart Chakra as an emotion which then is translated by my brain...it takes time to process it sometimes...or I do right away...depends on the energy received...since I figured this all out...my so called feelings of depression no longer bother me...and i'm quite happy now...lol
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
To be neutral, non judgmental is the best position to be in.One need not experience all the feelings to be effective. One step back gives a clearer perception.
Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
Sorry I'm not really explaining it very well. I'm sensitive but don't react sensitively.I'm aware of other peoples moods and personalities etc but sort of distantly. When I get a 'feeling' about someone or something it presents as a voice in my head and my gut tells me it's right. Does that make any sense? I was abused as a kid not shown much love or compassion I learned early on that crying got me nowhere this is probably why I am the way I am I learned very strict emotional control very early on to protect myself
Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
Have you known for quite a while? It sounds like you understand what's going on pretty well. I've no idea how to make sense of it all.
Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
Yes it does feel like that like I see clearer.it feels like I'm almost un shockable maybe because I was overloaded with emotions early on I've somehow learned to block it from effecting me, I don't even know if that's a thing?
Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
Nice to know it's not just me :)
Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
That makes sense I've always wondered why things happened the way they did I guess it was to teach me control i am very independant and I've got a strength id never have had if id had a rosy childhood.
DakiniMe
@dakinime
last year
1 posts

Hello Kim, I also had traumatizing events in my childhood and had no one to go to, Mother was never around and when she was she was cold and harsh.. she thought me to be tough and never cry, any sign of compassion or empathy that I ever showed to others she would criticize and made me feel like I was weak. I knew Iwas affected by others feelings since I was a kid but did not understand it until like10 years ago. Iam now realizing that I might have desensitized myself because my 16 year old dog ran away 10 days ago and I had not been able to cry over it until I got drunk with one of my girlfriends and she started crying when I told her that Yolie ran away, I had her since she was 6 moths old.

Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
Perhaps it's maturity. Different decades, different behaviour, thoughts, realizations. I too had a harsh beginning in life and was mature very young.Aren't you the type of person who keeps a level head during an emergency?Drama free zone?:)
ConfuciousFeels
@confuciousfeels
last year
35 posts

I personally believe that it won't be long before you feel the emotional side in your heart. From previous replies :) I was detached for a good decade (my entire 20's) emotionally with my heart, but not with anything else. It's where the clairvoyance and healing was possible (without realizing it was empath related). It wasn't until my emotions "boiled over" that I suddenly had no choice but to feel it inside my heart and soul as well.

Scary as hell, though enlightening in the end.

Hang in there, don't analyze it too much, and work on the gifts that you do have control with. Seems like you're learning what triggers set it off (like the drinking) - and that's, in my opinion, learning and fine tuning it. And remember that the journey is the best part!

Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
I do feel it bubbling inside like a tension building it's probably all the stuff I've blocked not dealt with that's what I'm worried about it's there all the time now it makes me feel physically unwell and is worse around negative people is that what it felt like for u before? Like tension bubbling inside? I hope I'm not going to explode lol cos it does feel like it nowadays :/
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
Hi...you can start clearing and making sure your Chakras are unblocked and working properly...I use smudging to do most of that...there are exercises...Google chakra clearing and balancing...clearing all personal blockages pertaining to life traumas no matter how small...as well as clearing your energy of all psychic links, hooks...etheric cords and roots that are no longer needed or useful...to people who may be harming you from a distance through these things would go a long way in helping you...i've dun it..and continue to clear my energy on a regular basis so I don't take on too much from others...it takes some time to learn how...but it IS worth learning...
ConfuciousFeels
@confuciousfeels
last year
35 posts

Very cool response Karen. I'm going to look into all of that myself. Thank you so much!

Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
Thank you Karen that's exactly what I looked looked up after reading your reply I tried last night to ground myself- pictured a tree growing from my core roots going right down to the ground and roots wrapping round the inner of the earth I felt the bright white energy coursing through me then I tried to open my chakras (had to read up on where they were etc) I pictured a flower bud opening at each chakra point and let out different coloured rays I felt that 'cleansing' feeling with most of them but I'm sure I felt blockages in the solar plexus and 3rd eye and crown how do I clear them? I couldn't seem to work those ones too well I'm going to try every night now to practice I didn't feel much different after a bit more centred maybe does it have to be done regularly? Do u find this helps you a lot?
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
787 posts
It may take a bit....there are Chakras attached to our hands...feet...and also down our back...so they could be blocked...that's one reason I give myself personal smudges...to open them and cleanse them...the back Chakras are just as important...as they work in conjunction to the front ones...so...the front ones have matching ones at the back...the smoke from a smudge will help loosen them so they will open...I smudge myself quite regularly for various reasons and that's one of them...don't rush it or panic...lol...they will open...
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

I'm a brand-newbie so I'm just beginning to understand this. I've met empaths who feel other people's physical pain in their bodies. I don't experience that; I just internalize emotions and I'm having a horrible time trying to sort that out. I don't read people's thoughts unless they're SO obvious that it's like they have a thought bubble over their heads! I think there must be a whole spectrum of empaths, and you're on it somewhere. You say you don't cry unless you're drunk. That's a big clue to me that you're very blocked - probably you're blocking some pretty overwhelming feelings that you don't know how to manage. I remember crying a lot as a child, for normal reasons like getting hurt or scared, and then all of a sudden I stopped crying and hardly ever do it anymore. I sensed that my mother got "turned on" when I cried, like her maternal instincts went WAY out of whack, and that terrified and disgusted me. So yes, I've been desensitized, but only on the outside. On the inside I'm a mess.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book