Compassion

To post a reply, login or signup

Alledius
@alledius
last year
18 posts

So a thought recently occurred to me. I've been trying to figure out why I'm so sensitive, and it occurred to me that maybe the world has empaths because we're supposed to bring compassion to the world. We're the only ones capable of actually feeling the emotions of others. We're the only ones who can feel nature in ways that most others can't. Perhaps because we can feel the pain of others, we're more easily capable of being compassionate and we're to share that with the world.

I'mnotsaying that those who aren't empaths aren't capable of being compassionate, but we do have a very unique insight that most others don't possess. Our job is to not get so caught up in their emotions that we try to play savior. I think it's good to give a hand up to someone struggling, but when we try to do everything for another, we open the door to, for example, possibly being used, or ending up in a co-dependent relationship. That's never healthy. I think it's really important for an empath, and anyone generally, to know when to say, 'no' and when to let go so a person can uplift themselves.

If this is true, does that mean that I have to be exposed all the time? Shielding is an option, but I wonder if to play the role of bringing forth more compassion, am I supposed to be exposed to the pain all the time. If not all the time, then when I'm actively playing that role. Am I meant to lead a life of pain? Are we?

updated by @alledius: 03/13/17 09:19:08AM
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I can only answer for myself and I have felt so much of others pain. I have noticed I try to help people when I feel their sadness and I try my best to leave everyone I met, giggling . But after they feel better, I have to detach from their sad feelings or they stick with me.Fortunately, I also feel people's good moods also and I get just excited as they do. Lol.I have to add though, I've been this way so long, my life is so full of troubled people , I feel like I work at psychologist office. I know they need me and my uplifting personality but each individual don't know I go though this so much each day. Each one of them think I'm their personal cheer coach and it does get overwhelming. I dread , each morning , when I wake up and check my messages, Someone will be having a crises and wanting me to fix it.So, I guess this is my destiny. Making people feel better and putting my feelings aside. If this is my journey , so be it. But I would like to ride the rainbow at some point before I die. Peace must be so peaceful
Alledius
@alledius
last year
18 posts

Thanks for the insights.

Bookworm
@bookworm
last year
85 posts
I love this answer John! I really agree; we can't fix other people's problems for them but we can try to help them find their own solutions by trying to lead by example and by showing compassionAnd of course it's so important to take care of yourself too - even if it might feel selfish sometimes. But you can't help anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first :)
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Sorry this reply is late, however, I just have to agree with you! :) For many years I've have felt a connection with the even just the word "compassion," and I've sought compassion from others, but especially tried to give it.

To me, compassion is love and mercy. And I know you're right that the world is always in need of more love and mercy. I believe that understanding people with such depth is what brings us so much compassion..

Trevor's article, "Thriving as an Empath," answered a bunch of my questions, which were similar to yours - "are we meant to live a life of pain?" I think it's amazing that letting light and positive energy flow through us to others can actually protect us from all the pain! This always works for me when I try it...

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
last year
230 posts

Yes, "BEING" is the way to live :) Not necessarily "doing." I wish more people looked at life this way...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book