Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Martha, I'm a lapsed Catholic but still consider myself a Christian and a Catholic (with an open mind). When I went to Mass on a regular basis I usually picked up good energy. At one point, I think the biggest doubter was the priest! I don't think I'm as sensitive as you. I'm a newbie anyway.

As somebody once said, a church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints. So yes, you will find all kinds of people in a church. As far as shielding yourself from bad energy, I don't know how to do that myself yet.

If you choose not to go to church regularly, I don't think that's sinful. It says to "honor the Sabbath day and keep it holy", but I don't interpret that as meaning physically going to church. If it's draining you, that's not good. I guess what I'm saying is you shouldn't feel guilty, whatever your decision. But I don't think Jesus wants you to spend every Sunday feeling drained and exhausted.

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
That's exactly why I don't go to church. It worser than walking into a mall because you know some are there for the wrong reasons. Most are there to socialize instead of worshipping. I feel closer to God in nature. At least when I'm out in nature it's a one on one conversation without all the negativity and judgements. No one sings off key. No one cares what you have on or cares how much money you have to give. I have often wondered if I fit the "christen" profile. I have been saved but rather be alone and meditating. So I have came to the decision, I AM SPIRITUAL! Because if I have to walk into a building and feel the fake , falseness and judgement of others then I guess I'm not a christen because I am none of those things and have no time or place for those things. I'm sorry if no one understand that but I'm real.
Rene''
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,195 posts
I remember a quote I seen if Facebook. " Religion is when you talk to God , Spirituality is when God talks to you".Or something like that.
Lastars
Lastars
@lastars
2 years ago
113 posts
Doesn't it mention in the bible the different gifts, one of them being the gift or discernment, which is what you are experiencing. Perhaps there is a different church more in line with you where people are more likely to be genuine. You should be inspired, not drained!
WindWolf
WindWolf
@windwolf
2 years ago
131 posts
I used to be Christian, born and raised Baptist but for personal reasons I gave up religion, one part was what I felt from others in the church. But I've learned that grounding yourself will help with that. A grounded empath is less likely to be drained by others around them, it like negativity just passes right thought and don't leave a trace
Crownite
Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
106 posts

I don't struggle with the issue of being "Christian" and "Empath" anymore (I've made peace with both labels). But there is a Christian Empath group on here.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book