I'm a CHRISTIAN and I believe with all my heart in CHRIST and I have this Gift!

To post a reply, login or signup

martha
@martha
last year
18 posts

I don't know if there are people on here who are Christians, so I'm throwing this out there in hopes there are Christians on here, so they can HELP ME figure out what I should do!

In a church service I have felt sincere people, I have felt fake people, I have felt wickedness of people, I have felt spirits of people who are not for me, I have felt pretending people so every church service I'm completely drained and I just want to go home. Any guidance and suggestions as to what I need to do in this situation?

Be respectful when you reply to my post and don't forget when we can also feel you through the words you choose to use to reply to others..

updated by @martha: 07/09/17 07:56:09AM
martha
@martha
last year
18 posts

Me too John..

I crew up and was raised Catholic .. I mean hard core Catholic as my father was a Deacon and Grandfather is a Deacon too.. My faith was shaken when my mother passed away and my father who was suppose to be the one to guide me and my siblings through was caught with another woman will my mother was on her dying bed and during her funeral service he was no where to be found so that alone shook me to the core! I was filled with rage and hate and I went out and sowed exactly that as if there was no GOD! I ran and ran and ran away from GOD .. and at the same time felt everything and anything there is in the world.

I would always ask myself why am I too sensitive. I was feeling peoples emotions and taking them in like a 7/11 open 24 hours .. I was either up or I was down .. I finally couldn't take it anymore - so I prayed from the depth of my soul cried out to JESUS for help and that is exactly what took place to me. It felt like the bondage of religion was cut from my core and now I'm free.. but it was a different free. I was burning up to know more of JESUS and that's exactly what happened. Slowly and surely I was being set free from what indoctrinated me and I find myself having an ongoing relationship with JESUS where ever I go and where I'm at! HE was no longer confide inside a church building and i can have church with him anywhere.. than relationship started to really hit me harder and harder and became more connected with HIM. Now I'm turning this to heal and heal others through counseling, fellowship, and loving on them. Here's the kicker though. I don't have to go to people.. people come to me and just open up to me. I don't want to run away from these people because they are coming to me for a reason ---I am just trying to find a way not to take all that I'm feeling from them with me home Because I have a recently retired military husband at home who has chronic PTSD and so everything is coming at me from every corner.. When he's case acts out .. I remove our kids from the environment and leave. He is not physical it's all flash backs for him and the mood changes in the house from happy to sad, angry, moody. etc. etc. ...that's why I feel like having a place to retreat to just to cleanse myself would be spiritually uplifting too. I do pray and I do ask GOD to please help me .. JESUS knows how to handle this but I'm a firm believer that HE also has people already here to help us walk through life together.. I motivate and encourage people as much as I can through Facebook and my instagram but I myself need people who are likeminded with me not only in faith but ability to fellowship with too.

Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

Martha, I'm a lapsed Catholic but still consider myself a Christian and a Catholic (with an open mind). When I went to Mass on a regular basis I usually picked up good energy. At one point, I think the biggest doubter was the priest! I don't think I'm as sensitive as you. I'm a newbie anyway.

As somebody once said, a church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints. So yes, you will find all kinds of people in a church. As far as shielding yourself from bad energy, I don't know how to do that myself yet.

If you choose not to go to church regularly, I don't think that's sinful. It says to "honor the Sabbath day and keep it holy", but I don't interpret that as meaning physically going to church. If it's draining you, that's not good. I guess what I'm saying is you shouldn't feel guilty, whatever your decision. But I don't think Jesus wants you to spend every Sunday feeling drained and exhausted.

martha
@martha
last year
18 posts

Amen brother!

This is why it's hard for me to fellowship or stay with others after church because I can feel that their smiles, laughter, and embrace are just a Sunday's Best .. that's what I use to hear "put on your Sunday's best".. sheesh!! So I leave with my kids immediately so I don't throw up .. .

I have lightly tested the water with other Christians by bringing this gift up and immediately I felt judged and I have heard them say 'it's of the devil'.. that's not good.. blah blah blah..

It's refreshing for me to know you are of the same faith with me and share the same gifting too.

Janet
@janet
last year
3 posts
I too am a Christian and I feel being an empath is a gift. I am still learning but I know in my past I used my gift for good like in any situation. I reached out to the hurting. I am realizing any where you go there will be good and bad people, It's just what we do with it as an empath. God tells us to use our gifts for good and for the edifying of the body ( or church ). I saw people were not being ministered to so I started visiting older people and helping them. I too am learning how to protect myself more so I don't feel so overwhelmed. We can only change ourselves and I still need to practice stepping back and letting God do his job with other people!
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
That's exactly why I don't go to church. It worser than walking into a mall because you know some are there for the wrong reasons. Most are there to socialize instead of worshipping. I feel closer to God in nature. At least when I'm out in nature it's a one on one conversation without all the negativity and judgements. No one sings off key. No one cares what you have on or cares how much money you have to give. I have often wondered if I fit the "christen" profile. I have been saved but rather be alone and meditating. So I have came to the decision, I AM SPIRITUAL! Because if I have to walk into a building and feel the fake , falseness and judgement of others then I guess I'm not a christen because I am none of those things and have no time or place for those things. I'm sorry if no one understand that but I'm real.
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I remember a quote I seen if Facebook. " Religion is when you talk to God , Spirituality is when God talks to you".Or something like that.
martha
@martha
last year
18 posts
Beautifully stated.YOU are absolutely correct. I too need to pray for knowledge and improvement of this gift so I can do good with it especially healing hurting souls. I will do good with this gift. I just need to figure out how to do it with out taking on what they are feeling.
StringBean
@stringbean
last year
8 posts

Religion and spirituality are supposed to help us find peace and purpose. If you aren't finding peace with it, perhaps look for something else? You don't have to toss your current beliefs aside...just find a better approach? For me, I couldn't ever find any religion or spiritual doctrine that fit me, and organized religion just doesnt work for me... so I patchworked my own from many different religions and philosophies. I'm so much happier now, and my religion/spirituality is personal to me, not something I feel I need to be on par with others about.

Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
Doesn't it mention in the bible the different gifts, one of them being the gift or discernment, which is what you are experiencing. Perhaps there is a different church more in line with you where people are more likely to be genuine. You should be inspired, not drained!
Lifelike
@lifelike
last year
7 posts

Hi Martha, I'm a practicing Catholic (every Sunday) but not born into the faith. I've only been Catholic for 6 years. I to feel the parishioners who are there at church for the wrong reasons but I also feel the good people. Before I started going to church all I wanted to do is be around good people. This was before I found out that I'm an Empath. Well yes now I'm around good people and also attract the needy (of course). Yes God has given us this gift and I still go to church to thank him for all he is doing in my life, because we are there for him really. I feel love in our church and ignore the other feelings. Almost zone out to them and concentrate on the love. When you walk into the church, you can just feel it in the air. I have meet some wonderful people and other Empaths. Maybe look for another church, each church can have a different dimension. Start fresh. Hope this helps in some way.

Elizabeth
@elizabeth
last year
1 posts
Hi Martha. I am a Christian. I have read two amazing books by Carol A. Brown Highly Sensitive: The gift of Spiritual Sensitivity, and The Mystery of Spiritual Sensitivity. I think those are the names of the two books. They have helped me tremendously! Also, I'm relatively new to this whole sensitivity thing but I have read about creating a barrier in your mind to give yourself kind of a "force field" around yourself when you're in a room with people. I think there are other exercises on this site you can practice to help with the draining of your energy. I have been practicing the force field method and try to decide how much of the other person's energy I will let in. I try to practice this as much as I can and it has helped me. I hope this helps!
donnahalewolcott
@donnahalewolcott
last year
1 posts
Your not alone. I'm also a Christian.
WindWolf
@windwolf
last year
117 posts
I used to be Christian, born and raised Baptist but for personal reasons I gave up religion, one part was what I felt from others in the church. But I've learned that grounding yourself will help with that. A grounded empath is less likely to be drained by others around them, it like negativity just passes right thought and don't leave a trace
Karen3
@karen3
last year
1 posts
I'm Christian too and I'm just leaving my actual church because I can't stand it, it became a burden for me. It was full of all kind of people like you said, but know it's full of fake Christians. Then, our best friends and us are leaving.We're praying to find another with lots of love and more believers than fakers, that this one used to be :(.You're definetly not alone! God gave us this gift to use it for His glory and to identify the fake ones.
Christian
@christian
last year
1 posts

I was in church just trying to mind my own and sitting just down the pew a little was a tiny Asian lady. At the end of the service we were all turning and shaking hands, which was normal until... she reached out and grasped my hand and I could feel my body on fire. It was her pain plowing through me and we were glued together. I couldn't let go and she wasn't letting go. I hit the floor, on my knees without uttering a sound, my eyes locked on hers, absorbing pain I can't even describe. It felt like a long time but I know it wasn't until she let my hand go with the biggest smile I have ever seen. I didn't get a chance to talk to her nor have I seen her since.

Know this as I have learned it... Jesus was not an Empath. Jesus is, for lack of a better description, the Soul Guide and Keeper. He's in charge of Souls. No one passes to the Father except through me. His Power is that of a Projector in that what thought he projects becomes the reality, be it healing, or anything else. He has helped me to learn much about this higher calling of being Empathic. And has acted as the unseen healer and guide in many situations where I have worked with people.

We, the Empathic draw energy into us. We should be allowing that energy to transmute and leave us in a better form than it was. Our problem is that we come with all the "knowing" psychic powers as well. It's what gives us the power to discern the truth and know when we are truly needed or are being called to service. Fear not, all that come within our sphere of influence are changed. We tend to bring out the "real" in people. Whatever they truly are cannot be hidden from us and sometimes will even be revealed to others without any physical involvement from us at all.

After living with this "Condition of Empathy" for 60 years I know only this as taught to me by a wonderful medicine woman ...be hollow, like tree, let the energy pass through you. You cannot run away from it, turn it off (down yes, Not Off) nor become less than your soul demands - and that is where buddy Jesus comes in and helps.

Embrace your souls' power. Observe from a higher point of view, without prejudice or involvement. Let the energy of events flow through and around you and know that those who need you will seek you out. They may only need an ear, a hand, or a hug or they may need your council on all levels of being including the psychic ones that you're tuned into.

Fear not, the correct response will come to you when you need it. And when I say fear not that is exactly what I mean. Fear will arise when you allow your mind to get in the way of your souls' job. It's the expectation of pain or anger or feeling like your playing dodge ball in 6-lane traffic. Know this for a fact - there is nothing more powerful than a pissed off Empath and no higher calling for a soul. We are the cleaner fish of creation. Let the energy flow - it only takes a little courage and lot of practice. Be the greatness that you are and bask in the love of Jesus. God created you and He with purpose - he who serves best wins most.

Blessings to you,

Christian

Mercedees
@mercedees
last year
3 posts
I definitely know whatcha mean...I just stopped physically going to church strictly because of how many different bad vibes I was constantly picking up.
Crownite
@crownite
last year
107 posts

I don't struggle with the issue of being "Christian" and "Empath" anymore (I've made peace with both labels). But there is a Christian Empath group on here.

julia_paris
@julia-paris
last year
9 posts

Hello Martha,

I'm Julia, and I'm a Christian too. I was born and raised between Orthodox and Protestant. I try to find a good church for me. I understand what you mean and it's not very easy. But for me, I always receive guidance from the holly spirit or from Jesus about where to go and when to leave. Recently it's been very difficult in my church. I began for a few month to go to the choral, it's a very nice thing to express by singing especially about faith and also to establish the connexion the spiritual wifi (haha). And there is a persone very agressive with everyone including one of the priest because she sing very nicelly she seem to think that it's ok to speak rudly and with agressivity with others. Tomorow I 'm going to quite the choral. And after Easter it's this for Orthodox, I 'm going to quite the church. I love them, a lot of people with faith, but their energies and thoughts are too heavy for me. And Jesus appeared to me in the church tonight to say there are other churches I can go, where I will be better (empathy speaking).

For me, about empathy in church I think there is a way to make bounderies between your energy/thoughts and others energies/thoughts.

Be blessed my sister in Christ. And Remember that Empathy is a true Blessing.

***** May His Grace be with you Martha.*******

Lori
@lori
last year
6 posts
Go to church with love. Send love. Receive love. I am new here but I may be able to help with distance healing. Send you a calming gift that can activate every time you need too read it great pick you up right before church services.
Billy Jo
@billy-jo
last year
14 posts

Hi Martha

I too am a firm Christian - I spent a year at Bible College, trying to figure out how this 'gift' fits in with God''s plan. It does.. perfectly :-) Churches are man's invention, not God's.. Jesus taught from a fishing boat, on the banks of a river, under a tree, in his friends' houses... fellowship is important, but attending a church is not. There is a huge spiritual awakening going on, and I believe God has led each of us to right where we need to be, to use the gifts he's given us to heal and comfort, just as Jesus did. It is our responsibility to learn how to control and use the gift wisely and with love, and to take care of ourselves and each other.

I'm very happy to have found other Christians here :-)

Many blessings

xxx

satsfyed
@gannbarattayahoocom
last year
2 posts

Hi Martha. I was raised pentecostal all my life and have experienced what you are describing. It was frustrating for me as an adult, as I always felt I had no "gift". Everyone in church seemed to have a gift to sing, lead worship, play an instrument, etc. and I couldn't do any of those things. But I found I could pray and learned that I was an "intercessor". At times it was draining as I deeply felt, or "took on" what I was praying for and at times it could be depressing. It was also very difficult sometimes to pray for the "fake" ones, I'd always try to take a step back and think "well I'm a sinner too so don't judge", but I am only human and especially when you know what someone is doing outside the church, it was difficult. I will tell you what made it easier for me. When I would pray with someone, I visualize them as a child. Not as the adult, the person who I have no idea what they have been through to bring them to this point, what hurts and mountains they have had to climb to make them not trust, or "fake", or whatever. But when you see them as innocent children, that they may be hurting inside and vulnerable (like a child) it makes it so much easier, and your heart fills with compassion it's amazing! I hope this helps. God bless!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book