Helpful ways to detoxify

To post a reply, login or signup

Janet
@janet
last year
3 posts
I have only realized I am an empath for 4 years now and I'm still learning. I am a nurse and I work chemical dependency and psych. All weekend there was a patient that when I was around him I got overwhelming negative emotions from him. I felt it in the middle of my chest. He wasn't my patient but yesterday I had to go closer to him then I had all weekend. His negative emotions like just hit me in the chest harder than before. Way harder! When I got home I tried detoxing myself the way I usually do but it's not working and I don't know what to do! Help!
updated by @janet: 01/21/17 07:54:14AM
Evolving
@evolving
last year
46 posts

Janet,

Have you ever tried using gemstones for healing and protection?

Look here:http://askingangels.com/healing/crystals/protective-stones.php

You can also take a nice, long soak in a tub with Epsom salts and essential oils. Then, shower off.

If you know any grounding techniques, use them now, too!

Hang in there! It will go away!

Hugs,

Evolving

Janet
@janet
last year
3 posts
Thank you! I shower with a salt scrub and that's usually enough but this time it hasn't been. Someone I was very close to just passed away on Thanksgiving from alcoholism. Someone at work who knows I'm an empath told me that I'm raw right now and that things might affect me more for awhile. I don't know how to grieve and not be overwhelmed by others emotions when I have so many of my own. I have been thinking about trying crystals. Maybe this is a warning that I need to!
Evolving
@evolving
last year
46 posts

Janet,

I am truly sorry to hear about you experiencing a loss from death. I believe your coworker is correct! A loss on its own is enough to be very distracting for months at a time...if not for several years!

But, when you couple that with the diagnosis of alcoholism, well, let's just say that this is a whole 'nother can of worms all by itself. I am by no means an expert on the subject. But, I have known and spent time talking to Adult Children of Alcoholics who shared many of their horror stories with me. They certainly had long term repercussions from their experiences. Something like this would also greatly impact the grieving process.

My heart goes out to you! Be kind and gentle to yourself! Is there anyone else that you can talk to about it? I am a big believer in attending Grief Support Groups. It is a safe place to talk and unburden yourself. Perhaps check with your local churches or community groups?

Keep us posted, Janet. And, please allow yourself all the time that you need to grieve.

Hugs,

Evolving

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book