How far away can an empath feel things?

To post a reply, login or signup

QuestionEverything
@questioneverything
last year
4 posts
Im new here and this is my first post. I have so many questions but a big one on my mind is how far can we sence things?A few weeks before Christmas i was setting up our tree. It was a beautiful day dispite the lack of snow and i was in good spirts. Suddenly, i fell to the floor and could not breath. I started crying and shaking. This lasted about an hour before i could stop crying but the rest of the day i was a zombie. Could not smile, could bairly talk without starting to cry again..it made my job in retail quite difficult. I still have no idea why this happend. No family members had been hurt and noone i knew was in pain (excpet my Nan who has cancer but it didnt feel related)Does anyone have insite into what may have caused this.
updated by @questioneverything: 03/09/17 11:28:58AM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
Hi...welcome...there is no limit in distance to feeling or sensing emotions and energy...I get blind sided all the time with something I can't pinpoint...but knowing it isn't my own feelings is what makes it bearable...all I can do most of the time is wait for it to pass...sometimes I can actually feel it coming...but I don't know how to stop it from reaching me...some people use protections...but I find they don't work for me...if it's really bad i'll light a smudge and wait it out...and get a good sleep...that's really important after...there's lots of info here on the site...go through the empath training...and just take your time...
ConfuciousFeels
@confuciousfeels
last year
35 posts

I'm very new to all of this myself. I have found so far that distance doesn't account for much. And we can be connected to people that we don't even know! Karen, the first comment, said it perfectly - "Being blindsided". My goodness, I couldn't think of a better description! (Happened to be this past weekend and am now learning, thanks to this site, that it may not have been due to me at all - but someone else!)

Ahhh, the things we learn every day with gifts like these.

My question still remains - how are you able to tell the difference between a regular episode and one caused by your Nan's pain? (I am so sorry to hear, by the way).

I wish you the best with your answers. Blessed be darling. :)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
I get feelings whether they are across town or across the country. Sometimes l even think maybe it's my own stuff.... but then, the feelings don't match up to what is going on in my own life. Blindsided is definitely a good description.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts

It's like a volcano busting open...the ash travels around the globe on the wind currents...and the vibrations of rhe eruptions can be felt for quite a distance...strong emotions are like that....I wonder...if we all had a good laugh at the same time everyday...what that would feel like...lol

QuestionEverything
@questioneverything
last year
4 posts

I cant feel her pain exactly. My chest gets tight and my eyes start to water and she pops into my mind. Its hard to explain the difference. Just feels that way. Thank You

QuestionEverything
@questioneverything
last year
4 posts

That was a beautiful response.

B
@b
last year
252 posts
My short answer is at least 3000 miles. With virtually no explanation except I felt the pain someone else felt that's quite close to me emotionally
ellicent
@ellicent
last year
38 posts

The longest distance I've personally experienced is about 600 miles, though I'd imagine it's not limited by distance if a distance of that great is possible.

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

A narcissist I can sense them about 50 feet..,I actually did a range test.

When I was married about 20 miles.

An Empath I was going to date...2 weeks before I met her.

I don't think it is so much about distance...our perception of time is a little different?

Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
There is no limit to distance.
The morning of 911, I woke up and was feeling horrible, very upset. It was early so I rolled over and told myself to think positive thoughts and shine light inside and I quickly fell asleep only to be awoken a little while later in a terrible state. I couldn't stop crying and the dream I awoke to was I was 'upstairs' high in a building, top floor, and there was a line of people coming in and I was shaking their hands or something and then they went out another door where a holy figure stood, someone that I had undoubtably trusted with all my being up until that point because I just couldn't make sense of what was going on. I cried non-stop for 1/2 an hour and thought I had, had a nervous breakdown because I had no control over myself and had no idea what was happening. I didn't know what I was going to do because my young son would soon be waking and I'd have to get him to school. He called from his bedroom and told me there had been a bombing (clock radio) so I turned on the tv to see if I could get the news and that's when I saw why I had been a mess and I could gain control of myself again. The 2 dreams and my waking coincided with the collapses as I am 3 hours behind eastern time.

I have had other incidents of becoming an absolute mess and not knowing why, but as soon as I find out the cause I become 50% better and then must send energy to the situation/person and usually become 40% better and need to monitor the person for a few days and that will relieve the last 10% when the person is safe. This usually happens with people in comas, even if I don't personally know them. I may be flat out for a couple of days drained of energy and need to concentrate on the person in need.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
726 posts
I can relate to the feeling of totally becoming a mess for what seems like no reason. It used to make me think I was crazy until if discovered that it is my....ahem....."gift". And with me, finding out why does clear the feelings somewhat, but like you, it doesn't completely go away until the issues are resolved. Mine have not been as extreme as comas though. Just life traumas and dramas for the people I am feeling.
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
Yeah, these 'gifts' are like a double edge sword. Until one kinda figures things out it can be very harsh and 'mental illness' seems to be the go to explaination. I was very fortunate that the second person in a coma later told me she remembered me coming to her twice and talking with her while she was deciding whether to stay or go. It took me days before I could find her Spirit. That was very nice to have my friend stay :) and receive that kind of conformation.I'm happy that it doesn't happen often!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book