Is there another approach to addressing people that I clearly discern their emotions?

To post a reply, login or signup

martha
@martha
last year
18 posts

I've been the sponge for emotions for a long time and for those that I know and care about, I would ask (after feeling their emotions) why are you sad? What are you anxious? What are you mad? What's going on with the negativity?? And people have flat out disqualified me by saying "I'm not feeling that" or I don't know what you're talking about" etc. etc. than in the end confess that they did feel sad or anxious .. or whatever it is.. Should I approach people differently ?? How can we perfect this ability? I want to heal people's heart and I've sponged their emotions right out of them .. a few hours later -they are laughing and jumping and I'm weighted down by what I've unconsciously sucked out of them just by sitting next to them..

Has anyone used their ability to heal others?? Counsel others? How can I deal with people whom I sensed without them making me feel like I'm crazy and making things up when clearly what I'm feeling is them??

updated by @martha: 05/27/17 06:04:23PM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

In my experience it is not all that common that people are in touch with their emotions well. Furthermore one can have more than one emotion, even contradictory. You might e.g. go to a funeral and be sad, but be happy to see dear old friends or family members at the same time....

When I feel something negative, I just ask for healing for it. If people want to talk about something, I am open for it, but I do not force it either. I also do not care anymore if my intuitions are 'right', or confused (an atheist might e.g. believe that intuition, and psychic ability is not possible, so that energy can 'create' false intuitions too. If one verbalizes them, one affirms their believe that psychics are frauds....). I have also had people tell me that I feel a certain way, and I did not - they tried to manipulate me, or drag me down - so some people might be cautious about opening up, one has to 'earn' their trust first....Or if someone is not ready yet to face something, strong enough, or would not have the tools to cope, it can be better for them to not be all aware of a problem they have yet either.... It's all slightly complicated, and sensitive - I often therefore find I rather just work tacitly.

Love and Light!

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
727 posts
This is a toughie. As Good mentioned, there are a lot of people out there that cannot or do not want to address their feelings. It seems that a bulk of humanity is in denial when it comes to addressing their feelings. Another issue is the layers of emotion that others may not even realize they are having (deep seated emotions of fear, anger, etc). I pick up on the deep ones quite often, then try to address them just to get very defensive reactions. Don't take it personal.....these people are just not ready to deal with that emotion. I have even been told I'm wrong, but then I know they are lying. You've just got to let it go at that point. Maybe just bringing the emotion up....to get it up to the surface for them, and that is enough on our part. Everyone takes their own time in dealing with their "stuff".
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
That's exactly right...sensing the real blockages doesn't mean you pick at the person...you can only make a few suggestions and feel if they're open...most of the time they're not ready for the deeper stuff...and really?...it is rather personal...I do get a bit paranoid knowing that others can sense my own turmoil...lol...I may SAY i'm ok with it...but really...I still want to hide my own crap...it's not possible with you people...lol...or people like me...so I have to try and give up the privacy issues...understanding my own issues kinda helps me judge the reactions, feelings and emotions I pick up from others others...and when to back off and let it drop...and when to push a bit...
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
last year
82 posts

I do find it a bit annoying. People will chase me down to talk at length about a problem, wanting me to give them advice I'm not at all equipped to give and that they won't follow anyway, and just by their speech and their example ('I was awake all night thinking about it, I can't stop thinking about it') a non-empath could figure they were anxious about said situation. But I can feel it vibrating unpleasantly in my chest, and finally after standing there, somewhat trapped, kindly listening, etc, I might say, 'You're very anxious.' And they'll say, crossly, indignantly, 'No! I'm not.' Argh. Then I go home vibrating.

Mostly I try to maintain good boundaries and not mention people's emotional states etc, and just note them to myself. I find writing about it afterwards clarifying and somewhat soothing. I can validate myself nowadays. The days of me wanting to be the world's Agony Aunt are also over.

I think, in answer to your question, my take on it is it not really your/our business - their emotions - except in so far as it affects you/one, personally. Most people, as others have said here, are not really aware of their emotions, or are in denial about their emotions, or are out of touch with their emotions and their bodies. That is also not your or my job to address, in my view. (They'll probably notice they feel better after talking to you, and you may set up a vicious cycle where they'll ignore you, dump on you, feel better, and leave you like a worn out rag, or overfilled sink. Then it becomes,"Physician, heal theyself!")
Aurora70
@aurora70
last year
15 posts
I've learned to protect myself by wearing certain crystals like rose quartz and imagining a bubble surrounding and protecting me. I will also ask these people " do you want to know what I am feeling from you?" I go on to tell them you do not have to agree or say anything but every time they admit yes indeed that was what they were feeling. It is important to be grounded and to clear your energy after these encounters try taking a hot bath with sage wash away the negative energy you have accumulated. Much love
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts
You cannot help those who do not want help. With that being said, I think you're jumping the gun a bit with asking why they feel a certain way. You're almost inviting their emotions in. You may both know what they feel, but that doesn't mean the other person wants you to know, or address, it. I think the best solution in cases like these, is to just send them some healing love and light.For me when I'm feeling down, sometimes I just want to be left alone. Let me be upset or grumpy. Let me feel those emotions. I know I'll work through it and when I'm ready, I will talk about it.
ConfuciousFeels
@confuciousfeels
last year
35 posts

I realize that every comment thus far says the same thing. And I agree. It's hard for people to admit their own emotions especially when they can be considered "negative" (ex: angry, sad, etc). It's almost like it becomes a weakness for them to admit such things when in reality - it isn't.

Of course, that makes it harder for us to determine if what we are feeling is correct. I'm sure that "knowing" comes from experience and acceptance (which I am personally still learning myself.)

People I understand. I was wondering - does that ever happen to you with close family and friends? My husband discredits me when I say that only to find out weeks later that I was right. I think that's what makes it the hardest.

So, I was wondering if that ever happens to you as well. Regardless, we're in this together and that's what finally makes it great. :)

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
One thing I like to do...is offer a gift of ceder...I carry ceder with me most of the time...if I come across someone who seems down...or their energy is off...i'll offer them a small handful to put in their pocket...some accept it without questioning and put it in their pocket while others ask why...i'll just say it will help you feel better throughout the day...etc...that way I feel as if i'm helping them...which I am...lol...ceder is great for clearing energy...I have had people refuse..but I offered..and that's all I can do...and I have people ask me for more...so all's good...lol
martha
@martha
last year
18 posts

Ceder is good for clearing energy? wow! I didn't even know that.. thank you. Can I burn ceder like sage to clear the energy in my home??

martha
@martha
last year
18 posts

Thank you for this .. I like your approach as I've been trying to figure out how can I change my approach so that people whom I might also add are families and friends -not strangers. That is seriously weird to approach a stranger and just tell them about their emotions.. I would never do that.. even though I've been approached by many about being a sensitive person (HSP) - which does creeps me out. ;)

Can I also burn sage to cleanse my house environment?

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
In my culture ceder. .sage...sweetgrass and tobacco are sacred medicine...I use it exclusively...all together or one at a time.....in a smudge...they use it in the sweat lodge...all forms of healing....so...yes...you can burn ceder to clear your environment...or sprinkle It as is...carry it...it absorbs just as crystals do...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book