It could be! I can't wear battery-operated watches because I kill them. I do better with electronics that don't constantly touch me, but sometimes I notice weird things going on with my computer when I'm really stressed out, even if I'm not touching it. I also carry a lot of static electricity.
I've had this a lot in my life and it was real bad when I was a teenager. Same as 'visitor' replied, couldn't wear watches, alarm clocks by my bed, etc would die after 1-2 days, always issues with static electricity. Have lots of trouble around cash registers and such. It really must be a thing, perhaps to do with ones electrical field. For me there is no doubt it is more then coincidence.