not wanting to talk

To post a reply, login or signup

B
@b
last year
252 posts
Hey gang I've not been on for a bit. Been going through some stuff. Dose anyone have days that they just don't want to talk to anyone? Do I need to do some grounding or just not talk to anyone? I don't like feeling like this. I'm always the go to guy
updated by @b: 07/17/17 05:45:02AM
Gem
@gem
last year
220 posts
I just wanted to let you know it's not just you! I get like this often and I love helping people.Sometimes we just need a time out. If we ignore it (like I did for too long) we end up needing a much longer time out than if we'd listened in the first place!If you have your own stuff going on its ok to take some time to get your head round things.My time outs can last a while and I unplug the phone, don't go near messenger and just do what I need to .. To get stronger again si that I can help others.. We can't help anyone if we are running on empty! Don't feel guilty.Grounding and some time to yourself is perfectly ok :)BlessingsGem x
B
@b
last year
252 posts
All righty then thank you. Love n light
Clight
@clight
last year
1 posts

I'm feeling that way myself right now. I also am the go to person also. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed and helpless. I got my sage incense going and giving myself some quiet time. Hang in there!

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I'm that way also, most of the time these days. I dread for the phone ring or see a car coming up my driveway. I've always been this way to a point but I can adjust quickly to crowds My job was one where being able adapt to many different personalities constantly was crucial and everyone of them had different problems. As much as people cling to me, I would rather be alone. After 20 years working in this field I finally quiet and I'm surprised I don't miss it at all. I do not like people to cling to me. It's to much of a responabality because I fill I have to keep my end up also and I really just want everyone to leave me alone.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
786 posts
Yup...I get that way too...well...most days...lol..I used to worry I was odd...now I don't care...it's the way I am...
Gem
@gem
last year
220 posts
Lol me too...used to worry something was wrong with me..not anymore lol its just me and what I need :) x
Evolving
@evolving
last year
46 posts

Hi, B!

Saying that you're "going through some stuff" leads me to believe that whatever it is may be something confusing and perhaps emotionally draining. When that happens, I can see the need to pull back, get introspective and be more involved in self-care and recovery.

Sounds normal. Especially if you are usually the "go-to guy" and maybe giving quite a bit to to others recently?

Take the time you need to ground yourself, get more focused, ponder the situation and rebuild your security and network. It pays to take care of you! You know in time you'll be busting out of these musings and come back full force.

Love and Light,

Evolving

B
@b
last year
252 posts
My gosh man, teen age teacher. I can not imagine. The energy in your class must be wicked. I avoid Walmart like the plague
B
@b
last year
252 posts
Thank you all for the kind words and insight. I'm so glad to have you. You that understand how we are and don't judge. I don't get down very often but if or when I do I can always count on some one or a few to get me back on track so I can spread love life and smiles. When I'm down I wear shades so nobody can see the pain in my eyes. It's a bit embarrassing when it's dark out. So from the bottom of my heart I am grateful. It's overcast and foggy here today but the sun is shining in my world.
Marta
@marta
last year
11 posts
Hi B!I think that this tends to happen sometimes to most empaths especially if you're constantly helping out others. I just started a new job and after my first week of work I'm in my room in bed and I don't even want to be anywhere near people. I'm totally drained and exhausted I definitely need to recharge and pull back into self care mode. Hope this helps. Goodluck :)
B
@b
last year
252 posts
You too and thanks. This site is just awesome. I think I need some sun and beach time
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
This happens to me a lot too, there are times when I just don't want to be around people, most times actually. It always makes me feel bad because to my family and friends, it looks like I don't want to spend time with them. And its even hard to explain to them that being on my own, is something I need to recharge and be able to face the world. I worked at a bar once, and it was torture. The constant mood swings that I couldn't even begin to understand and being sick all the time, I'd go to the bathroom a lot just to get away from it all. Eventually I quit
B
@b
last year
252 posts
You my friend are truly a precious soul. I do meditate every day and I do thank my lord for every day that is given. Your words are very eloquent and taken to heart thank you
B
@b
last year
252 posts
Good for you grace I'm glad you could see what was tormenting you and had the ability to get away from it. I am a lone wolf in what I do, with many hours to think( not a good thing ). Life is good and getting better each day.I'm just glad I'm not alone on this. It is said " its better to walk a lone than to fallow the crowd in the wrong direction " I think we are on the right path
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
Its a warming feeling to know that there are people like us, facing the same challenges we do. It makes our journey seem less lonely I guess
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
Add me to the list too. Little sunshine doesn't help matters either.
B
@b
last year
252 posts
That's why I said I need some beach time :-)
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
Take me with you!
B
@b
last year
252 posts
Woke up to 13f and job takes me to NY for the weekend but woke up with a smile on my face
Evolving
@evolving
last year
46 posts

Hey, B!

You can always take a mental vacation. See this link for suggestions:

http://www.manner-of-happiness.com/take-a-mental-vacation/

Enjoy your "trip to the beach"!

ConfuciousFeels
@confuciousfeels
last year
35 posts

Thank you for this post (and to all the replies!). I've been going through this all weekend! lol

You're not alone and as most have said - it's a good time to recharge. I feel horrible during days like this only because when the phone does ring - I flat out don't answer it. Being that "go to" person can be demanding and our conscious seems to do some damage as well.

But, I'll follow the lead and trust that it's the "recharge" that we need to continue doing what we do.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book