To post a reply, login or signup

Kaolin
@kaolin
last year
28 posts

Hello ~ I have known that I am an empath for a few years, however have not, until recently, fully embraced the gift. Now that I have, I am realizing that these abilities are much stronger then I realized, and I have to admit I am overwhelmed, scared, nervous and unsure of myself. I also feel very alone. I have had moments of clarity where I simply know that this is what I am, but damn...it can be intense!

I have been told in the past of these abilities, but was unwilling (or unable) to accept them. Now that I have and as I learn more, I feel the need to connect to others who understand and can offer support.

I seem to need to connect to others like me, however I live in an exceptionally small community in Canada, and there is a limited community of people who I would trust to share this experience with. Thank goodness for the internet! I am grateful to have located you all!

I wanted to just stop by and say hello, share a bit and say thank you for being here. I look forward to growing and learning within this community.

<3

updated by @kaolin: 05/13/17 04:53:56PM
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

Welcome, Kate. I'm a newbie too and find it overwhelming. I've had good luck with intuitive (psychic) healers, shamans, and by using forums like this one. I'm starting to realize that I'm not "that negative person" but just taking on everybody else's bad energy. I find it hard to pick up good energy, though! I have very little money but it's well worth it to spend it on a session with a healer. I'd rather feel good than have a new pair of shoes, anyway.

I would recommend the book "Self-Care for the Self-Aware" by Dave Markowitz. It has some great exercises for empaths. You can find it in pdf form online if you google it, but it's also not very expensive - just a tiny little paperback book.

Kaolin
@kaolin
last year
28 posts

Thanks so much, it's nice to hear that I'm not alone.

I was just browsing online for a book that would help!
I am also have a reiki treatment booked for next week...much needed.

These online communities are a big help.

Aurora70
@aurora70
last year
15 posts
Love and light to you. I am a newly aware empath as well . You are not alone.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book