Is this ability to discern others genetic?

To post a reply, login or signup

martha
@martha
last year
18 posts

I've been researching whether the ability to DISCERN others is genetic or learned and I came up with nothing. Does anyone know the answer to this question?
Also do we have Empaths in California?

updated by @martha: 01/09/17 06:56:59AM
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

Discern as in?

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
last year
272 posts

If you are asking if the tendency towards being an empath flow with the bloodline as an inherited characteristic of our DNA, I am sure the answer is yes!

However, can it be cultivated (aka learned) in addition? Again, yes. Although it may be more accurate to say that it can also be unlearned; babies are natural empaths and we are socialized into identifying ourselves as separate from others. Our wider Western culture regards (or used to regard) everything we know about being empaths as being an active imagination (in children) or just B.S. (in adults).

I am sure it is a combination of the two and I believe that many of us on this site can look at our families and see traits of being an empath in our relatives. It is often said that it flows more through the female bloodline than the male although it may be more accurate to say that the women are more likely to a acknowledge and manifest the ability.

P.S. if, as RyuukoGo asked, you meant something different by "Discern" then my apologies!

Blessings,

Trevor

martha
@martha
last year
18 posts

No you answered it Trevor.. Discerning others feelings and emotions.. I looked online, googled it, and looked at books for the answer.. and only one person which I don't who wrote about the ability to discern aka empath as a gift inherited through genetics..

I was trying to understand this because my Father is an empath and he was the third child to my Grandparents and I carried the gift and I'm the third child and now my son carries it too and his my third child. So I needed to research whether this is genetics or something it's learned and I don't believe in coincidence so being the third child gifted with this ability started my search.

Thank you Trevor!

<3 Blessings!

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

In my case Genetics and enhanced due to life.

My mother ( portuguese,philippino ) was more than likely an empath...when I was 18 I would leave the house suddenly and my father ( native indian,irish )would ask my mother where I was going...she replied to him that I aka me sensed something wrong with my GF...that was normal in the house to say that...my mother knew why I would react to something that wasn't near me.

Parents passed away years ago...my father was in a diabetic coma in another state...my mother was hospitalized..two weeks later she passed away...about 8 hours later my father passed away...a week later my mothers best friend passed...coincidence...maybe....or all had a connection.

I would say my abilities were enhanced due to "trauma" where I became more aware of my environment.

Before I was 10 I personally knew 4 kids that died...how and where.

In HS my best friend and another died.

For years I had a lot of prejudice against me because I was brown.

Before age of 25 I had been rear ended 6 times,broad side and a head on collision..no injuries.

The result sort of a hybrid..Empath/Psychic with the skills of both light/dark empath....I can sense emotions as easily as I can push them to another.

Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

I'm sure it is. Psychic ability runs in families, so I'm sure empathic ability does too. I feel like I'm the only empath in my family (unless you count my dog), but maybe it's a rogue gene from a great-grandfather.

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

A psychic/empath and I have been chatting about that subject...and the two abilities may not be exclusive of each other...I like dabbling in these type of ideas and abilities but having a scientific background and an years of engineering I like concrete measure proof...but our abilities are personal.

B
@b
last year
252 posts
I'm with Trevor. My mom was I believe she is no longer with us but my sister and I both are
ellicent
@ellicent
last year
38 posts

There's evidence in my family too -- she'd deny it to the end, but I've seen my mother predict deaths and disaster just like I do. Stuff like calling a hospital before she new a family member was in a car accident and visiting friends and family out of the blue right before they died of natural causes.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book