No one likes me at my job

To post a reply, login or signup

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts
I'm at my breaking point with my job. I went in, sad that my mini vacation New Year's was over, but still happy to get back to work. I know some people went in during the weekend, and whatever happened they left some horrible energy there and brought it with them today. First it was my co-worker who had a bad attitude, then my manager and immediately the big boss owner.I had asked my manager a question, and didn't give me an answer so much as a guess. I could tell she was having one of her 'don't question my authority' moments and I stated, I think I'm going to ask someone else. She pointed to the owner, working in the corner. So I asked him, she butted in with what she told me, and he parroted that. I began asking another question, and he just told me to work on it. Since my question was still unanswered, I went to talk to the quality control guy. Instead, the owner yelled at me as I was walking away that I'm wasting my time, that he's already told me it was ok, that he made a decision and it was final, and to just sit down and do the work. As I sat down my co-worker smirked and rolled his eyes. I was ready to bust into tears and leave the damn place. I had just gotten yelled at why?Mind you, the owner is 74 and a bit out of touch with the specifics of the clients. I wanted a reason why, not just a best guess.I held onto it until after lunch, when I approached the co-owner, the owners son, about it. He gave me a reason why, I asked a few other questions, and all was good. Until a few minutes later when my manager asked if I had asked him about it, and the owner got mad saying he already gave me an answer.So, co-owner brought me to his office where he and owner told me if I was going to try to set people against eachother that my employment wasn't going to work for them. I started crying. I tried not to but I was bursting at this point. I explained to the both of them that I want trying to set anyone against eachother, that I just wanted a better explanation. Owner eventually left because he couldn't handle my crying. Co-owner explained why his dad yelled at me and felt the way he did. I explained that I felt uncomfortable talking to them about it since I was getting an attitude.He apologized, and he understands my side. But, my manager likes to play ego games with us, and this was just another one of those. The owner is the owner and can fire my ass at any moment. I know my co-workers think I'm ridiculous and annoying, as they've told me.This is a lot of rambling, and there's a lot more to it. I'm just really upset about it all. I can't stay there for much longer, but I'm diabetic and have pets so I NEED a steady income. I've been there for three years. I've dealt with situations like this from the beginning. I can't do it any longer. As much as I try to be positive and loving, I can't do it with these people surrounding me all the time. Their energy is overwhelming me, in the worst way.
updated by @dariasdouble212: 05/06/17 05:30:58AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
I can soooo relate to this. I wish I had an easy answer, but I don't. It is very hard to be around such people 8 hrs/day 5 days a week. I also work in a toxic office. Luckily it is only 3 1/2 months but 12 hour/6 day shifts. but even that is too much. I am due to start back soon and dread it already. Have you tried just sticking to task and not asking questions? Sounds like you are contientious employee trying to do a good job but I guess they don't see that. I would try to just keep your head down and not bring attention to anything....be invisible so to speak. As for the energy, do you use crystals? If found that some work pretty good at deflecting negative energy. Also make sure you are rested and well grounded when you go in, it will help you deal with the onslaught of negativity. I hope you all the best and good luck.Shine on....
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts
Oh geez, long hours certainly don't help your situation either. It's good you have an end date though. I feel like my time there expired a while ago but I'm really just a can of non perishable beans. I've gone both routes of being vigilant or keeping my head down. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. I'm just not liked. I'm going through my crystals now and am going to sage them and myself tonight. I'll remember to ground myself tomorrow morning. Thanks for the response, it's nice to hear someone understands (just wish you weren't in the same situation though!)
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

I can't see it from where you're sitting, but I'll throw out a few suggestions. The end of the holidays are almost always stressful and depressing for everybody. You could try to "lie low" and pretend it's none of your business (it is your business, but you could try to stay out) until things settle down a little. Or you could look for another job. I had a really good job once that I excelled in, but people treated me so badly I started getting suicidal ideations. That's when I knew it was time to resign. Or find out if you can collect disability payments for your diabetes. I'm unemployed right now and it's pretty darn depressing too. Good luck with everything!

Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
As a long time member of Quality, I have witnessed this soooo many times. So I'm thinking its a quality matter. I don't know how large the company is but feels the need to have a quality dept so they have standards they have to uphold to the customers. Such as ISO. I don't know how long you have been employed there but it don't really matter. There is no such thing as a bad or wrong question. I do believe you walked into a mess and tempers were flaring and none of this had nothing to do with you but you, as an Empath , caught the blunt of their negativity. Don't sweat those folks. It wasn't your fault and it will probably fix itself. I have seen management treat their employees like dirt cause they know you have to have that job to survive and will take advange of the employees. This is why 20 years ago I decided to work in the quality dept. I questioned everything and was not comfortable being anyone's escape goat. I feel for you but just remember they put their pants on every day the same way as you, one leg at a time. They are not above you , just their ego. I would like to tell you to find another job but this happens in all work places. Well.. At least the ones I have worked at. Maybe change the type of work your doing so the type of people your working with don't have such tight deadlines and straight standards and by all means , find something you love to do , that's not saying quit your job but something to work forward to. And remember NOONE is better than you. We are all in this together.But I can give you something to think about. If you have a good work record at this place, and if you have to fill paper work out on the job for the quality part and unsure the job you have done is correct or being told to do something questionable to the quality of the product, ask the supervisor to sign off on the paperwork saying it's ok , usually this will take the responabality off of you. You are their employee , not their punching bag. Just a thought.
Reckless
@reckless
last year
117 posts
Hang in there until you create a plan to get away.

Currently living a world where people create problems for me. Family wants me unhappy so they spread bad rumors to their friends, my neighbors, and my friends.

I will not sit and do nothing. I have left them all behind.

At least your problem is only at work. I would kill to get away from these fuxkers for good. I work to get harassed via cell calls all damn day about fixing and helping while everyone has some excuse not to help each other. I'm done with this shit. I live alone and still get harassed but my next location won't be revealed and changing my number. No need to carry stress and bad energy. Get rid of it and get rid of it for good. Don't lose your mind over people that are not worth a second of your day.
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts
Wow the fact that people pushed so hard that you were thinking about suicide is insane. It's horrible how we treat eachother. I'm amazing at my job, and my manager sees that as a threat. I was laying low for a while. I'll have to step back into that. It just sucks when you can't trust anyone :/ Finding a job in my field is difficult because it's a lot of family businesses and it's not something I can look for on Monster.com. I've thought about disability, but I have pretty good control over it and I don't want people thinking I'm unable to live a normal productive life because of it. My mental health is going down the drain though, so that may very well be a disability if I stick around!
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts
I agree that it was taken out on me, as is usual. It just hit me really hard because it was completely out of left field and was taken to an extreme. I'm in the field I want to be in, I just don't want to stay with this company, that's for sure. People's egos are so high here, it's ridiculous. I do leave notes ass to who approved what, so if there's a question they can talk to whomever Ok'd it. Thanks for the advice.
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts
I'm sorry you have those people in your life. I'm definitely stuck with some people who love to create problems. I just want to shout at them, 'WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!'
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts
It does help, thank you. I clearly lost control of my own emotions. They got defensive, I got defensive, then it all came bubbling over and I lost it and ended up crying. I need to learn how to take a breath when stuff like that happens. I ended up staying an extra hour and a half to finish up all the work we had. I'm not going to do that any more. I can't put in extra effort and be abused like that.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
728 posts
Funny, just ran across this...synchronicity :) http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8870074
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
last year
55 posts
Holy crap! That's precisely it! Thanks for sharing :D
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

It's not worth keeping the job then, if it's affecting your mental health.

Ecila
@ecila
last year
898 posts

If you think they might fire you, looking for another job asap would be a good idea. It is much easier to get a job while you already have one.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book