voices in my head

To post a reply, login or signup

Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
For as long as I can remember, I have always head voices in my head, at first I thought it was just a thought voice and I never paid much attention to it but as I got older, it became more than just one voice and they got more vivid. It literally feels like I have a bunch of people stuck in my head and they're all screaming at me and they all have different personalities and it can get frustrating. I wonder whether this is another side of being an empath or whether its a case of multiple personality disorder
updated by @grace: 03/17/17 10:28:45PM
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
I never really thought of it as tuning into other people's thoughts. It always feels like they're trying to have a conversation with me and sometimes with each other. Its like they're a part of me somehow, constantly talking about everything that's happening around me and with me. I don't know if I'm explaining myself well, but yes it does get frustrating most times
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

At some point in my spiritual development I started being able to communicate with voices in my head, ask questions etc. Especially initially the answers I got were all over the place though, sometimes contradicting each other etc. I therefore 'learned' to suppress them. They do not generally invade now, not more than my own thoughts (but I am aware that not all the thought in my head are my own).

Unless they are really entertaining, funny, or wise, I'd kick them out (i.e. pray that they are removed, and or you protected against them). It's your head and you should be the boss :)

Obviously, if you have not already, I'd ask for perfect ongoing protections and cleansings too....

Love and Light!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Lol...I have that too...what i've determined is that it's my being Clairaudience. ..I hear spirit and energy...which is the same as hearing voices....scared me so bad when it started. ..but now I wouldn't wanna be any other way...lol...I never feel alone...
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
I have company all the time...watching movies there's a conversation going on...working I hear so much chatter...it's amazing how full the seemingly empty air really is...lol
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,194 posts
I agree. I was about to post the same thing.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Well...there's good and bad about that...getting a cat scan would definitely be a good thing to get just to satisfy yourself that you don't have a tumor....and at the same time you have to disclose you hear voices... which I don't think will go over too well...and they'll try giving you medication that just gets in the way and yout don't need...there's nothing wrong with being Clairaudient ....or having psychic gifts...same as being empathic...nothing wrong with it...
Reckless
@reckless
last year
117 posts
What is it when you can hear a person from so far away even as they whisper? Far as in 15-20 feet away at the maximum. Even in loud, crowded areas
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
It could be telepathy, some empaths are known to be telepathic
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
That's exactly how I feel, especially when I'm on my own, there's just to much chatter going on and some times the feeling that you're not alone can be comforting
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
How did you suppress them? I guess that's the problem for me, sometimes I feel like they're taking over. I don't necessarily want to stop hearing them, I just want to know that I'm in control of my own thoughts, like you're saying.
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
That's what worries me, on the off chance that nothing is wrong with me, I'll still sound crazy to them, because you can't exactly justify hearing voices as being an empath or clairaudience to a medical person. But then again if it is a mental case, I'd like to know too
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

I have voices in my head too but if they start acting nasty, the more benevolent voices shout them down. I've created a whole community of voices that boosts my confidence, and scolds me only when I really need a kick in the butt. But I suspect that as a writer, I make these voices up and they become real. Whatever works.

A lot of people internalize voices from their childhood. If you had abusive parents, you will no doubt hear their words echoing in your head unless you do some serious healing (like I had to).

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
This is a very lovely gift...after I got used to it...lol...instead of calling them voices in your head...call them spirit...for some reason voices in my head is not a good thing to say...has a negative conotation...calling them spirit changes the context of things...and I think sounds nicer...lol...i've developed a good network of spirit...I have a lot of helpers...you have guides and protectors too...you can ask them to help you to control some of the unrulies...make boundaries. ..my only request is to treat me with respect...and i'll treat you with respect...no name calling...talking down too me etc...people/spirit who visit can hang out...watch movies...I leave Netflix on for them or any movie they request...anyone being nasty is told to stop or leave...they usually stop since they don't want to leave...lol...I look at this gift as an extension of life...there is a whole universe of people we assume are not alive...but that's not true...I invite them to help me make decisions....they toss out ideas.. I think about them and decide which will be best..although on occasion I just go along while they make some of the decisions if i'm overwhelmed with noise...I didn't mean to imply you are sick or anything...I believe you 100 %...so forget I mentioned tumors...lol...and explore this lovely gift...
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
Its only normal that people can think I'm sick lol but it really is helpful to have people who understand what I'm going through. Hearing everyone's stories kind of helps normalize the entire experience, well an empath's kind of normal that is lol
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
Well I can't say I had it easy growing up, but no my parents weren't abusive, well my father was a terrible husband and an abusive husband. But he was good to me, so that could be it. However, all the voices I hear are never familiar to me so its hard to say its their words echoing in my head
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
I'm not a writer...I drive a bus...so really...your not making anything up...they're people...just like you and me...only we can't see them with our eyes...people believe in angels...God/Diety...and talk to them all the time...there's a whole area of spirit that people don't want to believe exist...but they believe in angels and God...who are people too...but not the only spirit in the universe...and when we living human beings claim we hear these people...we're not believed and brainwashed into thinking we have mental illness..and that's just nuts to me...that's the label i'm trying to get away from and it kinda irritates me that everyone can believe in empathic abilities...but seem to have a blind spot to other gifts and abilities...and when we talk about hearing voices it's immediately suggested to get our brain checked out...so ya...I get a bit hot under the collar...lol...
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
People normally fear what they don't know or even understand. Sometimes its not easy seeing things from someone's perspective, especially when you're a logical person. People are afraid to admit to each other and even themselves that there is more to the world than what meets the eye. So I think its easier to label someone as crazy rather than acknowledge that there's a whole new world out there, a world where some people see the dead, hear spirits, can read minds or even see the future. Because things scare you more when you aren't a part of them
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
How a Shaman perceives mental illness, voices in one's head...http://themindunleashed.org/2014/08/shaman-sees-mental-hospital.html...~*~...
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Or..when we do recognize it for what it is...we're ignored and forced to do the things we know we don't need...thank you for that article...
Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

I do not have many where I am, but finding a doctor who practices with a more alternative approach could be an answer. You could get the answers you seek with the end result being help for you instead of meds and psych evals. Ask to be guided in the right direction as to what you should do.

I could go on with example to my own experience, but I will be lucky if this posts.

Best to you!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
The fact is...western medicine is not equipt to help me...my problem is not medical...it's spiritual...i've always known this...and spirit is more equipt at this time to guide me in my journey to travel both the spirit world and physical human plane of existence....my ancestors walk in both worlds...and I need guidance finding a shaman of old to help me learn the old ways...so I can follow my path...which happens to be walking with spirit...which incorporates all my gifts...psychic abilities...and empathic abilities...and not be ashamed o of doing it...which is what western medicine does...
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
If I may ask, how old are you and what area are you living at? Like anything there are good and bad healers or Shamans and this is a delicate situation so caution needs to be exercised. I once had a shaman try to steal my soul, and I've had Shamans do great healings and even save my Life....~*~...
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Ya...I got that too...had my own trials and tribulations with bad people pretending to help me....I learned the hard way not to trust...and to keep my eyes open...lol...I live in central Canada. ..i've looked around here a bit for someone to help me...but found no one...the closest ones were in Ontario. .and they were so expensive...so..my spirit ancestors...have been guiding me...they do a pretty good job...lol...i'm not afraid of spirit...i'm afraid of living human beings...lol. .i'm coming to trust my gifts and instincts more each day...I definitely don't trust or respect the medical professional..as you've probably noticed...lol..and continue to have run ins with them...all about medication...it's a long story and one i'm not sure how to heal since it's a trauma for me...and that's not what healers are supposed to do...making people afraid is how they control...and the medical profession teaches and controls through fear...
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
I have a friend, Evelyn, she is an 84 yr old medicine woman and is very good. She does travel to Edmonton (we are in Salmon Arm, BC) and various other places in Canada and sometimes other countries. She will also travel to an area if there are enough people interested in healings/teachings. She's seen it all!
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Wish i could find someone here whom I could trust completely...the ones I have reached out to turned out to be nasty ppl...but in meeting these people forced me to learn fast..so i'm not helpless anymore...lol...which is a good thing...it would be nice to focus on the healing side as opposed to the defensive side...I suppose I gotta learn how to defend myself in order to recognize what others are up against...
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
last year
783 posts
Hi..I've learned to just go with the flow...what I understood is that frequencies that these voices are at, our brains need time to connect..it's like a radio..we have to turn the knob to tune into the frequency the station we want to listen to is at..it's the same with our brain..it takes time for our brain to unscramble and connect to those frequencies ...so when it does happen. .we hear what's in the message...but it doesn't last long and they dwindle..then there are those frequencies our brain finds easier to keep connected to...my friend will hear people/voices/spirit I can't and visa versa...so it's not unusual...some I seem to communicate more with..and those that pop in and as I say..visit...and sometimes I hear so much at the same time when my brain picks up a LOT of frequencies/spirit at the same time...that I get confused since i'm hearing it all at once in one shot...lol...
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
last year
373 posts

hmmm - it is a bit like suppressing a thought. By now I sometimes already know what a thought is going to be, especially with stuff trying to 'bring me down', so I kill those in their tracks. I know what they want to say, but I do not a allow them to/ give them room to verbalize them. If that makes any sense? Or a bit like you know that next you are going to think something nasty/ arrogant/ defamatory about someone, or swear with your thoughts - since I do not like to feed such energies, I suppress them before they take hold.

It takes a bit of discipline, and disciplining. A bit like a father (or mother) giving a stern look at his/ her child - daring them to say one more insolent word.... One just has to be self-confident enough to 'know' that one is right (or right for now). As said it is your head - and you are the boss! I invite positive intuitions, helpful comments etc - but all in their time. if I e.g. have to concentrate on work, want to sleep, or similar - I do not want to have unnecessary chats going on in my head.

I also ask/ pray for 24/7 healings. CLEANSINGS (of negative and stale energies), protections, and recharges for my bodies/ energies - so superfluous, negative or annoying energies do not have much time to stick around.....

I am sure there is a few energies who got kicked out, and who think I am a real despot in my head, but I do not care. Any negative energies are not invited in the first place :))

Love and Light!

Kim4
@kim4
last year
18 posts
I have voices too I wonder if the vibes we pick up from things manifests as a voice or thought to some? Especially at night I feel these voices all rattling about in my head. I'm beginning to realise which voice is me. I think it's just a way of making sense of all the environmental input from the day. These 'voices' tell me various things about situations or people sometimes as clear as day like being hit by intuition coming from inside my head. I used to just let them twitter on at bed time. but now I've been focussing on stopping them altogether and I've been sleeping much better.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book