Empathic Ability and Career Choices.

Scott
Scott
@scott
2 years ago
7 posts

I am a 50 year old empathic / Co-depedent who recently came across the Idea of the ability to feel one's energy and feelings. I have come to understand that I have been using my sensing abilities to support my sales career over the years. Recently, I have out grown the misguided, greedy approach to business that I have experienced and deeply desire to move into a style of work that is ethical, supports people and uses my empathic abilities. Two questions, how do you use your abilties to help people and what types of work lend itself well to being an empath? Thanks for your feedback.

updated by @scott: 01/12/17 04:58:23PM
Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I think it depends on your level of enlightenment. I'm just learning about this, so I have to avoid medical offices and hospitals. I can't work with sad, angry, scared, dying people around me every day because I pick up their feelings. And then I get fired. :( It's miserable.

I think sales is a good place to be, or retail, at least for a newbie like me. I used to place ads for people and help them get the cost way down. They liked that, but my supervisor didn't. But people like it when you really tune into them and find out what they really need, and help them get it, and at a price they like. Soft sell is the way to go, in my opinion.

For a truly enlightened empath, I think doing healing work is the best thing you can do. I'm not nearly there yet.

EVIE63
EVIE63
@evie63
2 years ago
2 posts

Hey Scott,

I enjoyed your post and can relate to it. I also want to enjoy my abilities as an EMPATH and use them for ethical work and as a way of serving. I have found that working as a Live-In Life Coach is a comfortable way for me to use my ability in a work situation. In this way I have developed many friendships and shared my energy, knowledge and experience with my employers and house-mates. I also enjoy writing children's books to help educate on various topics. Hopefully, this will be the year I get them published! :) Good luck to you in finding whatever connections you need.

Your Friend,

EVIE

Scott
Scott
@scott
2 years ago
7 posts
Thank you Evie for your encouragement. I am also curious about being codependent and being an empath. Having access to people's emotions might facilitate the need or desire to help people even more greatly. I have recently found out that I have struggled with codependence and the attachment to the outcomes of others. As I have found out that is not necessarily a healthy place to be as people are responsible for their own outcomes and lessons. I've been wondering whether or not other people have had struggles in healing professions and being an empath as well. Thanks again and I appreciate your feedback, good luck.
Scott
Scott
@scott
2 years ago
7 posts
I have recently been talking to a domestic violence organization in my area about helping them with some counseling services and marketing and sales / fundraising efforts. It sounds very interesting and very rewarding and is a good cause, I am just heading out the potential of it being too heavy a subject for me. I don't think so, but I have walked into things blind before.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book