Gotta Ask

To post a reply, login or signup

Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
I was just watching this show with a well know "psychic" who is a psychic detective. Meaning that she dous readings to help find missing people. So I checked out her web-site because she sounded so familiar and found out she CHARGES $250.00 for an hour and a half reading on their missing person. I was floored. Now I know there have been debates about whether to charge for pychic readings or not, but this isn't someone requesting a reading on why their bf dumped them, These people are family members of missing loved one, the police can't find eveidence, they are worried to death, have no clue where this person truely is, vulnerable and desperatly needing help, and she charges that much money for an hour and a half reading. I find this disgusting, so I am wondering what your opinion is on this. Where do we draw the line on "readings for profit"? Am I overreacting? All opinions are welcome.

updated by @angel: 01/11/17 12:02:22AM
Esah
@esah
7 years ago
151 posts
I think charging them upfront is not a good idea, unless of course they are asking the psychic to travel to a location, then I could see expenses being paid for that.As a psychic, I have worked on quite a few missing persons cases and I have not taken a penny for my time or my services. This doesn't mean that I don't think a psychic shouldn't be compensated for their time and services. Their time is just as important as anyone else's. I don't do it for a living though. It is my gift to a family that is hurting more than words can say. I have other means and can afford not to charge.On a case, I prefer to work only with Law Enforcement for a few reasons, but mostly since the emotions of the family are so high and desperate. As an empath it's too much to deal with them and the missing person. Also there are times when the missing person is deceased and I think this should come from LE and not me.It can be very draining energetically, to work on a missing person case. I tune in with many people on a case. The victim, the parents, the police, and the criminal (if there is one). All of these people have emotional states and I am in their heads many hours a day, while on a case. In every case, I take on the personality of the missing person, while I am tuned in with them. It's how I can see what happened to them. All of this adds up to a lot of emotional energy and time being spent and being compensated is agreeable don't you think?I don't know who you are referring to Angel, but a good track record will justify this high of a fee, I guess. I couldn't charge this much, but I don't have a staff or major expenses either. Maybe there is much more to this fee than we know.I do many readings each week and my readings are not free, but Spirit always lets me know who to charge and who not to. I would not keep a person from getting spiritual help because of money.Just a perspective from someone who has done this sort of work. I am currently not taking on any more cases, as I needed a break.
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
lol, my husband said the same thing last night. And I do understand the need to put food on the table, but what if she only pick's up what to cops already got? or what if her reading is compromised because she charges so much? It's a good point you brought up.
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
You made a really interesting point that I haven't considered, bringing closure. It is true, it is weighed by the results, I wonder of she dous refunds if she can't help? Very, very good point, thank you. :)
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
I agree with this. We should charge morally just like any other services, but I guesse where the delimia lyes , is possible false hope due to feeling obligated because you charged, especially that much. When you are high profile, you have alot to risk, especially negative exposure. I guesse what comes to mind is like a missing child case. This child could be in immediate danger, and yet haveing to wait until the credit card to go through, before you give a reading that may or may not yield results. It just sits wrong. Thank you for shareing :)
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
We talked about that last night to, Sylvia Brown is a prime example by chargeing $700.00 for a reading. Which, I can understand being overwhelmed by to many people, but maybe takeing it case by case and going by need would help. There are lo of people in need and not just one person can do it, but I do feel that these prices are takeing advantage of people. But to each their own. It's just the sensativity of missing people, especially a child, I couldn't imagine chargeing anyone to help find their loved one. Thank you for shareing, hun :)
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
hmm, I like that idea. :)
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
I like that idea to. With funeral costs and stuff they may not have much left over. Another good point, thank you.
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
very interesting perspective. It is time consumeing, this I will agree. I also do the same thing, I connect not only with the victim, but the perp, if there is one as well. I get a feel for the emotional state surrouding the situation as well as try to tap into as much detail, what happend, and where they are. The group I volunteer for also works with law enforcement and it's a great team. I guesse it's more of a moral thing, in the sence what people feel within themselves what they feel right about and what they don't. And you are right, there may be other expenses that come with it. Since I only do it on a volunteer basis, then I am not effected by all of the costs associated with it. Something to think about as well. Thank you for shareing :)
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
lol. Alot of people fell that way about Sylvia Brown . I will say that I read some of her books that I really liked. I think Chip Coffey is my favorite of the "famous psychics" but then again, i don't know what he charges either. I'll have to check out this site, but you also bring up a good point, funding for research. It's kinda sad, but money makes the world go around huh? Thank you for your thoughts. :)
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
Though are alot of views and really good points that everyone has shared and I wanted to say thank you. It has also helped gain a greater perspective and passion towards psychic investigations. My first 'unofficial " reading came from the Caylee Anthony case. This got me started with readings all together. The initial impressions were very accurate until i tried to scy for an exact location. I guesse we all live and learn. Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them. I don't really know what the future holds, nor do I know the pressure that many of the psychics go through. I guesse for me, in these types of cases, i don't want to know the pressures, I just want to enjoy the fufillment of knowing that each information is a piece of the puzzle that brings the family closer to closure. This is where my passions lyes and this is where I need to work harder in. The information is mostly accurate but I think I can do better and this has made me want to do better. Many blessings to you all :)
Esah
@esah
7 years ago
151 posts
Gary I actually thought about getting a PI license at one point, but I felt that I needed to stay out of that level of things and just keep to my gift. That works better for me.Angel, I have an unsolved case that I would love for you to look at if you are interested. This one has captured my heart and will always be with me until it is solved. I have done all I know to do. I have helped LE in some ways, but a conclusion still evades us all. Just keep being told that everything has it's right time. I have spent a lot of time and money on it. I will discuss it with you by PM if you want to.
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
No, I'm part of a volunteer group with at least 50 psychics who would help me for free, and I know they do it because they truely want to help.They also work with law-enforcemnt so I know they are ligitmate. I could also come here where we have alot of taleneted reader's as well. Considering we live pay check to pay check, I couldn't afford it. Maybe I should promote the site more :)
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
I really like that. Thank you.
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
no, no disrespect at all, it's exactly what I was looking for. Getting together and gaining different views on the subject. There are alot of opinions and different sides to consider, things I haven't even considered. Don't ever be afraid to jump right in and say what you feel. Also have confidence in your work, whether for charge or for free, follow your heart. Blessed Be.
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
the scenerio you described about the car pretty much puts into works on how I was feeling about the subject. Thank you for reading my mind,lol.
Retrogirl
@retrogirl
7 years ago
317 posts
Those are great points, Felix! I just thought of something else ~ for someone who specializes in finding missing children, it's probably good for them to charge a higher fee because it would make their waiting list shorter. People who need this kind of info can't wait for a month to get it. This is assuming the person is WORTH spending $250/hour on!!
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
sounds good :)
Angel
@angel
7 years ago
607 posts
good point Felix. Thank you :)
Sammie
@sammie
last year
106 posts

Bump

Peter
@peter
last year
18 posts

If you consider that being an active empath and karma are linked then charging for readings and also being willing to pay for that service lends itself to the overall ying/yang of the universe. Balance as it were. Some souls can't validate or accept advice unless the have paid something for it and mostly they measure their lives by money so the pay-for-peace formula works for them. Not much different from the billions on earth tithing weekly to assure a seat on the boat to the hereafter, except for emapth readings its an agnostic pay as you go path.

Peace.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
last year
731 posts

I think that they should provide the service for FREE! Charging anything under those circumstances is totally wrong IMHO. I don't care how good they think they are!

Bruce
@bruce
last year
207 posts

I am happy to charge the going rate, some people will pay whatever the fee. Tony Blair paid for a witch to bless downing street while he was in office. I believe he consulted her on a daily basis.

My point is that he obviously thought he was getting value for money, if it was offered as a free service would he have had the service? I think not.

If this person is genuine and can do what she claims to do then good for her, if she is providing value for money then I don't have a problem with it.

I took 1000 from a drunken man because his mother had died and he was in a drunken stupor. He said if I can tell him four things about his deceased mother he will give me all the money in his pockets and I did and he gave me just over 1000...

I gave it back to him after he sobered up but he was happy to pay me at the time, he was even happier when I gave it back to him because he didn't know what he had done with it. lol

Sammie
@sammie
last year
106 posts

I gave it back to him after he sobered up but he was happy to pay me at the time, he was even happier when I gave it back to him because he didn't know what he had done with it. lol

Hilarious.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book