Empath and single

To post a reply, login or signup

Conny
@conny
2 years ago
28 posts
Hello you all :)I just wanna start with saying how grateful I am to read all of your posts and discussions... So many times it calms me down when I feel like I am the only one on earth who is feeling so intense haha but we all know what I mean... Just wanna say it again! So grateful for this page and you all!!So,... What my post is about...I am 24... And I am single for 1 year now... I was never good in smalltalk or getting together with ppl as in friends or also as in partners that I couldn't connect with mentaly... So as a matter of fact I don't have many friends or had many partners.What I feel so intesive at the moment is that being an empath and constantly being there for the world... For strangers, for the few friends, for the family... Always being the one giving advices... So many times being rejected by loved ones because you accidently told them something about themselves that they havent figured out yet and then they are mad at you ect... Being this person as we all know is so many times great but also many times hard and tough!And you know, I feel like I would really really like to have an empath, to have a person like I am as a friend or partner myself. Does that make sense to anyone? I feel like I am helping and helping and that is great, don't get me wrong I love being that person... But Sometime, I would need some friend, a partner too... Someone who is just there for me and listens to me. Gives me kuddles and hugs...gives me some love when I would need it!! Tells me everything is gonna be ok and that I am doing great. I always have to be my own best friend, my own partner and that is ok but also somehow not fair, do u know what I mean?!Sometimes I am thinking maybe there is a person like that already there and maybe I am not seeing him or her... But... I constantly have to deal with my things on my own. Well, also mainly because noone who would listen to me does actually understand me.Hm does it make sense what I am saying?!I'd wish I meet a person... It doesnt even necessarily need to be a partner, but even a friend that is like me. That thinks like me and believes the stuff I am saying you know. That sees the world like I see it... And doesnt judge me when I live my emotions authenticly and not like a robot society tells us to be... But you can't do that on our world, can you? We always do and try and make ppl realize often what it is about... But actually.. They always turn back to the way they are used to because they are too afraid of change and of living an authentic life.I'd love to hear some thoughts of you guys :))Tell me what you think ... My text might have gotten a bit confusing... Sorry for that!Huggs to you allConny
updated by @conny: 01/09/17 02:58:34PM
careyleefarnsworth
@careyleefarnsworth
2 years ago
58 posts

Connie, you dating another empath can be a blessing and a curse. You would feel each others emotions just like you feel others emotions right now. The only differance would be that he would feel your emotions as you feel his emotions.

Conny
@conny
2 years ago
28 posts
Yes I can imagine that! You are right.I guess it would be ok if I'd be dating someone who is at least not judging me for being and empath and tries to understand and not to question my gift...But I am actually not dating anyone... Neither empath nor not-empath ... And I just feel like it is really tough some times you know, to be the one helping and listening to all the others and not having anybody to give you support in any way. Even if it's 'just' physically. Like hugging, cuddeling, love...How do single empaths deal with being so emotional and sensitive and not having anyone to express their own love and emotions with. Physically and mentally.Do you know what I mean?
Marta
@marta
2 years ago
11 posts
I know exactly what you mean and I think that sooner or later you will meet somebody, the person doesn't necessarily have to be an empath they just have to accept you fully for who you are and love you just the way you are. In my experience, when you are really happy on your own and create your own happiness without depending on anyone for it, someone special comes along.
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
2 years ago
110 posts

I write stories..post at forums .vivid dreams...walk a dog...work out...and so on.

As mentioned it would be a blessing and a curse to be with another Empath...but as other male Empaths know...we have mood swings galore...lol

Conny
@conny
2 years ago
28 posts
Yes I do agree with that 100% that its most important to create your own happiness.And I also do as 'RyuukoGo' says... Many things to express myself and to deal in a way with all the emotions.But that both is actually not exactly what I mean...What I mean is that it is a natural human desire to share love physically and mentally... And even tho there are lot of things that we can and should do for ourselve... However we can't replace another human being... The feeling of a kuddle or a supporting and understanding talk...So and as an empath we are even more aware of emotions or either we feel everything so intensly that I am thinking it is even harder for us to deal with 'being alone'?!Do u kmow what I mean?Sorry I guess it's a bit difficult to explane :)
Marta
@marta
2 years ago
11 posts
I know exactly what you mean. I've been single for a while now breaking off a relationship that didn't serve me. I also broke off friendships with people who I've been friends with for a long time bc again I was suffocating I wasn't understood and I just had to let go off what no longer served me. I still have friends but not all of them really understand what an empath is and what our life experience is really like. It's just beyond them and I can't blame anybody for not understanding. I am missing that strong connection and bond with someone and I do get feelings of isolation and loneliness especially right now during the holidays. I do have faith that in time the right people will come into my life and in the meanwhile I am grateful to have Elise guide me (someone who understands exactly what I'm going through) and the empath community to read others' experiences and share my own. Stay positive you're not alone you're not needy you just have a lot of love to give and you want to receive that love back but not everyone is capable of loving so deeply. Hope this helps :)
Conny
@conny
2 years ago
28 posts
That does really give me support thank you a lot marta!That is exactly how I feel too!! It really does help to hear it from another person so I can know it is not just me thinking that way...
Marta
@marta
last year
11 posts

No definitely not! It can get confusing at times, but during those times I seek support on here, someone can usually relate and say things that bring immediate clarity or relief. It really helps to keep sane! hehe :)

water_lily
@water-lily
last year
90 posts

Hi Conny!

I don't have any answers; I'm of a similar age and I face a lot of the same problems. I really don't give guys a chance although I do understand your points about possibly being more sensitive to needed cuddles and emotional support. I do have a story though.

A couple of years ago, I was at a point in my life that was very difficult to say the least, but I was also in a situation in which I really did not want the people around me to know that I was in the very difficult situation (It was complicated, but I think it was the right thing to do at the time). At any rate, during this time, I met someone that I instantly knew was a strong empath; in fact, he was more like me than any other person I'd ever met... and I kind of wanted to punch him for it. I'd never had that reaction to anyone; he made it clear that he at least kind of liked me, and I was decidedly non-receptive and kind of a jerk. I'm the type of person that people describe as "too nice," the type of person who saves even dangerous spiders by taking them outside, but I will admit that I was definitely not nice during my interactions with this man.

Upon analyzing why I was acting in this way, I realized that I had never before felt like my own emotional world was at risk of being revealed when I did not want it to be. I was in the sort of situation that, if I had to face the problem at that moment, I wouldn't be able to hold it together, and that seemed like the worst situation that could happen at the moment, and, as the best choice of many bad ones, I continued to push him very far away.

I kind of wonder how I would have reacted if I met that guy now, now that I'm not trying to hide my emotional state, but I learned the downside of being around another strong empath: the know what you are trying to hide just like you know what everyone else is trying to hide. I don't manipulate people, and I am very careful about not using the information a glean from people empathically (aside from letting them talk to me when they obviously need a listening ear and that sort of thing) and only react to the information they verbally tell me so as not to unconsciously manipulate them, but I guess I am used to have some control of the emotional knowledge and at least of my own emotional output and suddenly that was taken away from me when I really didn't want it to be.

I can definitely see how being with an empath has its cons, but being with someone who can actually relate to what you are going through is appealing. I'm not sure this helped any, but I that is the only experience I had with fellow empaths in a possible romantic relationship sense.

Travis peck
@travis-peck
last year
4 posts
I feel the same always looking for the other half of my soul some one to flow with !
Grace
@grace
last year
21 posts
I believe most empaths feel like this. We long to have someone who will understand us completely. Someone who won't find you weird because of who you are because they themselves are just like you
Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
I'm turning 60 this year and still waiting....On spiritualmatchmaking.com you can search for friends or mates for free.Maybe someone needs to start a dating website for Empaths & HSP's. :)
Conny
@conny
last year
28 posts
Thanks to all of you for sharing their thoughts and stories.I really wish for all of us to get a person in our life that makes us feel understood. After all more and more ppl seem to become aware of their gifts so ... :)Lots of love
Kaolin
@kaolin
last year
28 posts

"That sees the world like I see it... And doesnt judge me when I live my emotions authenticly and not like a robot society tells us to be..."

Thank you for posting this.
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one struggling with feeling alone, and having few (if any) people who can identify with these experiences. thank you.

B
@b
last year
252 posts
My sister and I are both empaths I have a few acquaintances that are empaths. I've never dated one but I can spot another from the moment they say hi.I'm not close to the ones I know except my sis and I can tell you it is a double edged sword. My sis and I are both Scorpios as well and very blunt with our points so it can get quite interesting in conversations between us. Seems like it might be an adventure tho. At least both parties involved would understand where each other was coming from.
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

Just like its sister site consciencematch.com you can only send generic messages to someone...both have to be paid subscribers to message each other....what I did with my profile is mention the other sites my profile is on.

On Okcupid,match,Eharmony I have "found" about 8 other empaths and a few HSP's....some don't like being found but that is what we do...currently I an a FB friend with one empath/psychic who lives in NJ..and empath in Oregon and maybe dating another HSP.

You can find them out there..just put your mind to it ;)

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
last year
110 posts

If I ever meet a woman that understands me....she can explain me to myself..lol

Lastars
@lastars
last year
96 posts
I looked for conscience match but found nothing, did they become part of match.com?...~*~...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book