Striving to live a spiritual/kind life in a (mostly) unspiritual/unkind world

To post a reply, login or signup

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts
Hello all,I'm going through a period in my spiritual ascension where life and inner changes are happening so fast.I'm currently not working nor able to work at this time. I'm going through a lot of healing - physically, mentally, and emotionally - as I grow spiritually.It seems like no one I know understands me, I'm losing connections with people, and I can't rely on anyone but myself.I'm working on cleansing myself of past hurts and image, and this takes up all my time (in addition to connecting with nature and my spiritual side, and self-care).Yet society (I'm in the USA) is pressuring me to rejoin them by becoming like them again. I just need more time to get through stuff and trying to rejoin society at this point would be very difficult (if not painful or traumatic).My question is: How do you become a part of a society where you feel so different and disagree with how it is run, and you have a completely different perspective and it is impossible to make others understand because they are incapable and unwilling to?I feel like I don't fit in anywhere and I feel stressed out by society's demands and generally sad about the state of the world and the people in it.I also feel unable to handle much responsibility, and structure imposed upon me feels horrible, including time constaints, rules, and implied ways of how I should act.Love and light~Lotusfly
updated by @lotusfly: 05/14/17 11:30:10PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts

Hi Lotusfly,

I can relate to so much of your post. It appears that this life transition does take up a lot of time....I find myself just sitting and doing a lot of reading, self reflecting and getting to know the essence of my true self. Not that it is a bad thing (I have learned so much about myself, life,and the current dysfunctional state of the world). But...it does keep me from getting the necessary stuff done that has to be done in life (cleaning, cooking, work,etc...). However, I feel that what I am doing is very important so everything else gets pushed aside. I do manage to get the stuff done, but not in a timely manner as I used to :)

As far as connections with people, I have never really had too many connections with people. I have always been a loner and outcast so I really don't care to conform to society. To me, connection with animals filled that void for me.

Not sure what you are meaning about society pressuring you to join them? Could you explain. And "Becoming like them"....do you really want to go back to the unconscience state of mind that the entire world seems to be in? I think that in itself is what is making you feel so different, because of the changes occurring within us. It would be nice to share the good news of the great things to come, but then again, most people would look at you like you are crazy....so best left unsaid....unfortunately.

Shine on....

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
I too can relate so much to this, I'm also going through huge inner transition. Prior to awakening (however was always spiritually inclined) I was getting so poorly physically and emotionally for a good few years. I couldn't understand why..with hindsight it coincided with having stark realisations about the world/how it's run/people around me and I just felt the loneliest person even in a room full of people. I'd hold my baby (almost 3 now) and sob, I didn't want him growing up in this phoney topsy turvy world where your supposed to be a robot and conform.Now I'm further along I'm realising that I eventually (once I'm in a better place physically and emotionally) I need to look to what my heart and soul wants...which is to help people. So I'm going to learn Reiki with the intention to make a modest income but also volunteer at hospitals/hospices that allow that sort of thing. I also plan on making my own aromatherapy products.I can't go back to working in hairdressing or in schools as I used to, in part because of my physical health problems but also because they are not run in a way I agree with.I think the processes we go through as we awaken to our authentic selves leads us to find what sits right with us...that's going to be different for each of us.Personally I'd LOVE to live off grid..I daydream about it all the time!I've cut myself off from many people who I realise only want me for what they can out of me..I view this as a positive..although it's tricky because people just think I'm bonkers lol!I'm like you just now though... Wanting/needing more time to reflect and heal. Not wanting to be rushed or interrupted on my journey.Thank goodness for this safe haven!BlessingsGem x
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts
The pressure I feel is economical. My family member who I'm living with is demanding more money to stay there. I am unable to give more money with my limited disability income, so I feel pressured to get a job or else I won't have a place to live. This feels like my sense of security, safety, and life is threatened. This kind of stress is unhealthy, and with what I'm going through, I wish I didn't have the stress to make it harder. Also, I feel that having a job in the "3D" world (when I'm near the 6thD) will either lead me to losing my spirituality (in order to meet the demands of the world...can one retract in their dimensional view?) or losing my mind (I've had 2 nervous breakdowns in the past).My parents have not been emotionally supportive of me (and they've been abusive). I have had a lot of traumatic experiences (like many of us), and this current situation is bringing up past feelings too. I've always felt different, like the black sheep in my family (even though I'm a really good person), and I've been fortunate to have had a few close (best) friends in my life (though never popular or had lots of friends, and never considered myself part of a clique), but right now I don't have one good friend close to me that I can talk to in person. I have tried to reach out to people, but no one is connecting with me. I feel like I've been deserted by people. But I think I would rather have it this way than try to interact with people who don't get my perspective, because this has caused me pain in the past.Thank you, Cat, and stay strong! I will do the same :)P.S. Thanks for mentioning about the animal connection. It is not just people we can feel connected to :)
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts
Thanks, Gem. You're a gem :)Yes, I've wanted to live "off grid" too...even before I learned the term! I left my marriage and moved away with the intention of eventually becoming a gypsy (as in traveller) :) Plans change, of course, like everything else, but the underlining desire to not be a part of society is still there. Though I have things I have to deal with before doing any traveling, and it being winter makes my situation difficult.I suppose it might be just a little wake-up call that I do need to get those things done and I will feel better once I do (kinda like the universe giving me a little kick in the butt to get me to take action).I even looked up spiritual communities where people can live a spiritual life in the eye of the hurricane that is modern society, but I'm leary of even those, because they have rules and regulations. I'm a pioneer, an original, who does not feel well trying to fit someone else's mold. I just can't do it. But that's okay. The "greats" all had their own ideas and stood by them (otherwise they wouldn't be known as a great). It's not that I want recognition...I just strongly dislike doing things someone else's way when I know a better way. Very independent I am.I too got really sick (and miserable) trying to live society's way. I don't want to go back there :(I also have the desire to help others. And I know that in order to do so I need to help myself first. Why does society have to make it so hard for us to be happy and to be our true selves???Love and blessings~
Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
I'd love to have one of these in a wood somewhere ;http://www.gizmag.com/low-impact-hobbit-home/20058/I hate the money oriented model we have to live by! It's so screwed up but I can't see it changing in our lifetime. We just have to find a more sustainable way of living so we're able to have the time to stay connected and not work, work, work for the capitalist machine..and nothing to feed our soul.It's hard on disability I know I'm on it too. I have fibromyalgia, disc disease, migraine etc. More walking than usual puts me out for days..it's very frustrating.I'm wondering if there are any spiritual type activities in your area you'd feel up to joining? So you'd have the opportunity to meet like minded people and suss out if a friend connection could be made? I prefer a small circle..in fact I don't have the makings of a circle at all anymore.. Just one friend gets me and she came into my life in the form of a volunteer when I was going through the worst of my illnesses. It's like the universe sent her because she holds a lot of the same ideals as me and I always feel uplifted after chatting to her. She understands my need of space too, without me having to explain if I don't feel up to a visit. Maybe look at what's on in your area?In the meantime... We're always here to chat to :) x
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

I would be fine with living in a tent and out of my car :)

I just have financial obligations from my past life as a human in the normal world to deal with, and supplements to assist with my healing. Otherwise, I live very simply. My only "splurging" is done on healthy, organic food and natural skincare products :) I am trying to live very frugally but it doesn't seem to be enough. It's a humbling experience though, to see how little I really need, and how more rewarding walking in nature, meditating, and other free things are more fulfilling than those that cost money :)

We'll make it :)

As far as connecting with others, I've noticed when I'm in the background and "people watch," I see awakening symptoms in others, and music is really speaking to me too. It gives me hope and I feel less alone in this :)

Regardless, I will stand my ground, stand by my beliefs and truths and who I am. That is what is most important. I'm not afraid of anything anymore....except losing my spirituality and my confidence in my true self.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Thanks, Gene :) I believe so too. Every positive action makes a difference.

Blessings~

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book