Autism spectrum disorders and empathy connection?

To post a reply, login or signup

Mamooth888
@mamooth888
2 years ago
41 posts

Hi,

I have theory that perhaps our empathy is caused by something being "unlocked in the brain" by toxins. Why toxins? Because some doctors believe that autism spectrum disorders like adhd, bipolar, schizophrenia, actual autism and other are caused by toxins created through maldigestion of certain foods.

I have noticed that some empaths actually mention adhd. I wonder is this is common. Please please tell me if you have any of these autism spectrum disorders. I am very interested and this could help us all. Also if you think you don't have these, just check out sympthoms, you might be surprised(though, of course hopefully not :))

To begin, I personally have ADHD.

Thanks.

updated by @mamooth888: 03/12/17 05:41:12AM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

CFS in the past, with a few years of IBS. No more IBS though, and no more real CFS, but empathy remains!

Btw I read a book about Castor Oil, he author, an American MD, claimed to have helped lastingly heal some of his ADHA clients by prescribing Castor Oil (heat) packs onto their Solar Plexus region. About 30-60min daily for a few weeks. He assumes that the Castor Oil triggered some calming effect via the sympathetic nervous system. That is if you want to heal your ADHD - don't want to make any assumptions!

Alison
@alison
2 years ago
71 posts

I don't think that empathy is caused by toxins, I think it's something we're born with. I do suspect, however, that our sensitivity makes us more susceptible to stressors such as toxins (see central sensitivity syndrome) and this leads to problems in the gut where the immune system is said to reside. The gut becomes 'leaky' and allows toxinsinto the bloodstream which shouldn't be there. They travel throughout the body including tothe brain and are said to cause mental health disorders (and many otherhealth problems)as you mention.

I've had social anxiety for many years which has resisted all attempts to 'cure' it. I now strongly suspect this was caused by mercury in childhood vaccinations plus lots of amalgam fillings. The symptoms of social anxiety and mercury toxicity are very similar and the effects of mercury well documented in the 1800s yet most doctors today would have no idea about this because they're taught to treat with drugs rather than investigate the root of the problem.

Have you come across the guts and psychologydiet (GAPS)? Said to heal the gut and address ADHD, autism, etc.Won't get rid of empathy though :-)

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

Check out some of the articles on Autism and Empathy by Karla McLaren

http://karlamclaren.com/

down the bottom of the page there are links.

I believe I was born with this, and developed it/required it strongly as a survival tool in childhood. I have read that hormonal changes intensify it, so that might explain why so many find themselves 'newly awakened' in adolescence, etc, with a further surge for many women in their forties and fifties.

I wish it was something that there was an antidote for.

Jasmine Gold
@jasmine-gold
2 years ago
3 posts
I'm not sure if I'm an empath but pretty sure but I have adhd and autism spectrum disorder( formally known as PDD-NOS)
Mamooth888
@mamooth888
2 years ago
41 posts

Very interesting... Thanks for replies everyone. Hmm I think there might be something to this. To be honest I am not entierly convinced it's something you are born with and cant heal it. Well at least I cant research and try things :)

Regarding the GAPS diet - yes I have heard of it! Actually that's where I draw my "theory" from. I don't quite understand what you mean Alison. :) Because you said that empathy creates sensitivity to toxins and that toxins increase empathy. But - in the GAPS book it is mentioned that bad digestion of food creates them. We have no scientific way to describe our empathy so it's more like a special way our brain operates - sort of special state of mind, perhaps? How would that cause us to create toxins or digestive problems?

Of course I am not a doctor and I'm just speculating but if I am correct the the GAPS diet should also be able to heal empathy!

By the way I am currently on GAPS though I'm stuck a little but still working on it.

Thanks for tipGoodenergyhealingI have actulally heard of that but kind of dismissed it like "it can't be that effective" and focused on GAPS. I guess I could give it a go actually.

Alison
@alison
2 years ago
71 posts

Firstly I'm not an expert, I've just read a lot over the years because I have CFS and this is the way I've come to understand things. As sensitive people, we are highly sensitive to energy, emotions, light, noise, smell or whatever. It makes sense to me that we could also be more sensitive than the average person to toxins maybe because our nervous systems are more sensitive or also because we spend so much time being stressed/ trying to handle our empathy. Stress lowers immunity and makes you more susceptible to health problems.

Maybe that's where the castor oil packs come in ... calming the nervous system.

I'm assuming you've read about gut bacteria if you know about GAPs. Well, things like stress, modern diet (sugar), medication, toxins eg heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides, etc can all impact negatively on the gut bacteria and this leads to leaky gut. If we're really stressed or hypersensitive to any of these thingsthen this can affect the bacteria negativelyand cause leaky gut.

An imbalanced gut flora causes digestive problems. If we're strong and healthy then the immune system (gut bacteria) is much more able to deal with toxins. More and more people seem to be saying that the gut flora is the immune system (or most of it anyway).

Hope that makes sense. I can recommend Natasha Campbell McBride's book if you haven't already read it. I think there are many roads to healing. This is just what I'm following at the moment. I also work on the energy side of things.

PS I think that sensitivity may make us more susceptible to toxins but I don't believe that toxins increase empathy.

Anthony
@anthony
2 years ago
4 posts
Do my "disabilities" lead me toward empathy and intuition? Don't know. Good question. Does learning disability strengthen intuition/ empathy, or does empathy and intuition get in the way of learning.I am both empath and intuitive, and cannot answer that, but to me it doesn't matter.Good question.
Lastars
@lastars
2 years ago
97 posts
Mamooth, I'm not one that is big into labels, but I come from a family of intellectually gifted ppl. My son was in a class for gifted kids and autism walks side by side with those gifties as far as I'm concerned; you'd understand if you saw the kids in the class. If you haven't heard of HSP (highly sensitive ppl) I would recommend checking it out. They have an awful lot of similarities to Empaths. 20% of the population is HSP and it is equally split between the sexes. They have found that there is something different with their brains, they have short iliads in the insula in the brain causing greater perception/awareness. Empaths have been around for forever, so I don't think toxins would be part of the equation.
HSP: http://youtu.be/FQLBnUBKggY
...~*....
2 years ago
159 posts

I was medicated the potent brain drug Venlafaxine for eleven years (wont go into the hell it caused) I will give you a little rant (directed at science and the medical profession on the whole) bear with me though as I will quit ranting and make a point :)

Since having come off the brutal narcotic I have researched norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine to a point of lunacy (pun indeed intended!!!) I have gone the scientific route itself (because you cannot fight it unless you do) and obtained my Psychology diploma (I spent the entire time arguing the science out of Psychology, esp abnormal psychology - In all fairness Psychology is not science Psychiatry on the other hand......)

There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance, science cannot balance any chemical within the brain nor body, all science can do is disrupt the chemicals by enhancing and depleting, this is as far from helping and healing than it can get, hence the influx of suicidal tendencies and, psychotic outbreaks whilst on these drugs, to which science so easily can place blame on the individual and, state as to why they were medicated in the first place - incidently there is more serotonin in the gut than the brain (connecting the gut instinct is interesting and amazing but a long explanation) this is why `depressives` are (when medicated) struck with severe digestive problems as well as severe mental and emotional despair....

Emotions are not scientific, the brain is physical as are the chemicals, yet the mind and what the chemicals do are not, science has decided it is all one and the same, yet simplistically, what will anger one individual may make anther laugh, what will upset one individual will have another not even take note etc.... depression or any other diagnosed `disorder` is no different, no feeling of sadness, hypersomnia, erratic thought, impulsive behaviour is the same and cannot be disrupted nor targeted to fix by synthetic means.... Of course certain foods will enhance moods, the rule of thumb will always be, what you put into your system will determine health - science again is not the discoverer of such a notion it is common sense.

Autistic individuals (scientifically diagnosed as such) lack one particular trait that is for sure..... Empathy on a commercial note,,,, Empathy is more than feeling or understanding pain, it is absorbing energy and I believe autistic individuals are indeed very sensitive and intellectual on a whole different level. This does not make them unsavoury but, it does well to note they are oblivious to it and at times in a very sweet natured manner... Its if they dont understand pain or despair as opposed to not caring. For all we know this could be a means of enlightenment a purity just as a child does not understand pain.....

There are many folks diagnosed with such a condition but, loosely. If it cannot be explained then science will label it as if to say it can be. I will add the connection to the MMR jab and autism here too.

I know today people are diagnosed with so many emotional and mental disorders (and pharma is making billions in promoting, scaremongering and treating, never curing - there is nothing to cure!), being different, thinking, feeling and behaving different is not a disorder, that said being diagnosed is not a bad thing (so long as you are not drugged for it) It is in effect good to know you are on a path of enlightenment- we are moving through Aquarius the shift in the universe is effecting the more enlightened and sadly the lesser enlightened are fighting it with earthly conditioned lunacy - Someone is unhappy, angry, overwhelmed.... They must be crazy, abnormal, stupid.... No!

ADHD, SAD, GAD, Depression, Anxiety are moments of spiritual conflict, confusion and/or enlightenment they are not medical conditions - they are emotional and deserve recognition to ever gain clarity.

Those born brain damaged or suffer a set back in mental growth once born (the more severe) have so many explanations that science will dismiss or face persecution - truth is lack of oxygen in the womb or during birth, mother being medicated during pregnancy, or Father even at time of conception has abnormal sperm, vaccinations......

I could go on for hours.....

Empathy though, it is something we all have (although many too afraid to expand upon fearing it and subconciously blocking) I agree its an unlocking of a part of the brain, Toxins maybe? Its a wise enough theory after all, a lot of toxicity can come along with the discovery, once died down and understood for what it is the toxicity depletes?....

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

No, but I do have a serious case of major depression, and I believe it's a symptom of empathy, not a result of poor digestion. That's why I feel worse around the holidays.

We need to look at mental illness differently; often it's a symptom, NOT a disease in itself. That's my hunch.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

I agree. Mental illness (and other non-understood illnesses that appear physical, such as Fibro, MS, CFS, IBS, etc.) is a result of people awakening to the state of the world (and where it's heading), and/or a symptom of trauma/pain experienced in their lifetime and/or carried through their genes. That is why more and more illnesses are coming out with each generation.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

As for your depression, please know that it is a normal reaction to the way the world is. There is nothing wrong with you. Feel the sadness, accept it as being human and normal (feelings are!), forgive and have compassion for yourself and the world (because we are all human and just trying to do our best), and when you are truly ready the feeling will pass on its own...I promise :)

I know this, because the world is in a constant state of change - everything is changing (due to time). When we reject/hold onto/give power to (amply) something, it can stick around for longer than it's meant to. Don't fret over it and it will pass. (P.S. I have had major depression, I survived a suicide attempt 15 years ago, and I've experienced even worse depression lately, but now I know that suicide isn't helpful and the feelings pass and can be helpful in themselves - as a learning tool for growth.)

Kudos to you for reaching out here :) I hope you stick around :)

Love and light to you~~

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Lotusfly - I know, I know!! The world is unbearable and there's something wrong with people who aren't depressed about it!! But I am so tired of feeling sad. I've been following Trevor Lewis's page and he makes some sense. Apparently you can turn empathy into a strength. Anyway, I'm working on it!

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

I agree with you 100%, Karma, except at the end where you mention toxins, and even you are not convinced of it. I think if you pondered it a bit more you'd come up with a better (your own) explanation :)

So refreshing to hear your insightful and objective view of mental illness that is similar to my ideas on it, and to hear your additional psychiatry knowledge which I didn't know but definitely see as being logical. Interesting about the connection of the brain and gut, since I have gone through a long journey of healing my gut and I'm now healing my mind :)

I did learn, during my own research during the gut healing process, that the gut affects the state of mind, and the health of the gut affects the rest of the body. I believe the whole body operates this way - as a connected "machine" (for lack of a better word) - rather than individual parts. So a symptom can be related to something other than the organ it is normally associated with. Which leads to the discussion of getting to the root cause of an ailment...or anything...instead of just treating the symptom that appears on the surface...and on and on ;)

I have also read that people who have depression (and other mental - and even physical - disorders) think too much. Yes, allowing our mind to think and think and think can lead to a "disorder." But the truth is, there is no disorder - only if one is unwilling to change themselves, change what is hurting their state of mind and making life more difficult for them. Because, ultimately, we are the masters of our "game." We have the ability to change our thoughts if we want to (simply insert a positive thought). And it all starts there...self-awareness :)

2 years ago
159 posts

Hey Lotusfly

I gave a big sheepish grin reading your reply (the first paragraph) Yes, or No rather :P I am not convinced but, after my `lecture` I always fear I am sounding arrogant so try to leave a means to express I am open to suggestion - I do not know everything and would hate to be perceived as if I thought I did.

My own belief is the universe itself is mental and emotional , it quite literally thought itself into existence, the fantastic and amazing so great it could never be truly explained as to how - not by me anyhow :) - the planets and stars are the neurons and transmitters of vibration and magnetism, our brains are a tiny fragment in comparison yet capable of so much in creating from thought....

I believe we have higher selves also that we are disconnected from while in physical form and, the more we spiritually evolve, the more we are reconnecting back to what and who we really are... I believe any form of mental revelation, esp the likes of empathy is our brains synchronizing shifts in the universe which we were predestined to do so prior incarnation - our brains have been so mashed, conditioned and lost within the physical world hence the `mental torments` in readjusting - That said I also believe there is a deliberate means to keep us from evolving (will save that for another time lol)

Will write another response below this one because I will make this too long a reply and its kind of a contingent (I am awful for `that`

2 years ago
159 posts

I truly agree a healthy gut is a healthy mind and vice versa

I try to explain to my daughter, what she puts into her system will determine her mental and physical state. I read once (I forget where?) that the digestive system is a drainage system, if a drain is blocked the crap builds up and over flows, spilling nasty toxic waste to the surface, its a blunt and simplistic explanation but, describes it perfectly.

What was/is wrong with your gut if you don`t mind me asking? - My digestive problems were severe all the while medicated though (deliberately) attributed to anything but the medication. I would go for a week without being able to digest properly, suffered excessive hypersomnia and bloating I was often mistaken for being pregnant, would at times have to vomit rather than pass stools (this would be days old undigested bile)... the physical symptoms I suffered due to erratic chemical disruption (specifically serotonin) were to lead to abnormal bone growth and expression of arthritis , blood coagulation ( and my skin went a very nasty transparent red) The gut though was the most affected physically, it ceased to work.. The emotional and mental symptoms I will explain another time :).

I 101% agree, the root cause is never so easy as to look at one organ and understand it to be why other symptoms and failures are in motion, or even why that particular organ is failing.... food alone (esp processed crap is full of chemicals (e numbers/additives of preservatives) is screwing with the organic chemistry of our systems drastically - even the vegetables and fruit we eat are a high percentage genetically modified.... we are so unhealthy hence the spirituality we all have being so difficult to connect with :(

The gut is in effect a mind of its own, the three gut associated chakras (root, sacral and solar plexus) connecting us to the physical, emotional and mental state of humanity - it becomes so complex as many of us (regardless of how spiritual we are), we can have clean open heart, throat and mind chakras yet blocked lower chakras due to what we are putting into our systems and, inability to connect with mother earth in the way are supposed to.... Sadly (I am guilty of this myself) we can be so arrogant in a belief we have open hearts so we must have opened our first three.... I know, as yet, I have not yet opened, I still suffer with conflict of ego, I care too much for others and cannot grasp how to love nor nurture myself, I rely too much on intellect instead of following my gut - I will explain this concerning the last year another time, maybe in a private message if possible? I know what I have to do but, am too afraid to do it. We have been conditioned and taught all wrong to follow the heart as intuition - I follow my heart too much, when open, it is instinct to do so - the gut is intuition not vice versa....

The weirdest thing I find concerning myself (because to any Dr/ Psychiatrist I would so easily be diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder and Social Anxiety... ) Is that, like you say `self awareness`.... I am too self aware and am struggling because of it. I find myself happier when lost my sense of self for a while, I still don`t know if that is a good or bad thing?

I do not know if I have rambled and gone off topic lol.... I talk alot :)

Alison
@alison
2 years ago
71 posts

Really enjoying your posts, Karma. You haven't rambled, what you say is really interesting.

I've been labelled with social anxiety for years and have always thought there was something wrong with me. Over the last few years, I've come to appreciate the dangers of toxins in our lives and I'm really glad you said that they can block us from our intuition. That's exactly what I feel and I have problems grounding too.

I believe the SA may have been caused by mercury in vaccinations and I also have a mould allergy which may be linked to my CFS. Thought you might be interested in this ... it's about the link between mental illness and mould http://paradigmchange.me/wp/fire/ You do really have to question what 'mentalillness' is. I feel like I'm having a gradual awakening as to how these toxins are affecting every aspect of our lives. We really do have to learn to look at health differently.

It also concerns me that some people may believe that they are having ascension symptoms when, in fact, they have toxic overload. I'm not knocking the former but I just think that we are asleep to what's going on. And, I too, believe that there's an agenda behind all this pollution. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on that :-)

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Wow...I love to hear fresh perspectives :) I'd love to hear why you think we are purposefully being held back from evolving spiritually and what is doing this. Message me :)

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

LOL on the drainage system visual ;) But that's pretty much it. "Leaky gut" is the "acceptable" term nowadays for it :)

My main gut "issue" (aka diagnosis) was GI Candidiasis ("yeast overgrowth in the GI tract" - as well as unhealthy balance of gut bacteria/flora, and "leaky gut"). I cleared that up but I still have a sensitive stomach (doesn't digest foods well) and my body reacts badly to certain foods ("IBS"?). I believe my sensitive stomach (as well as my fibromyalgia) has to do with my ascending spirituality (aka empath, HSP, etc.), as all my senses are heightened (I have insomnia too). I have a mental health history too (incorrectly diagnosed, though most people are), and took medication I didn't need that only gave me a lot of bad side effects and symptoms (for 15 years), and kept me from ascending.

But it's all good because I wouldn't be awakening now if I didn't go through all that "crap" (pun intended, lol). Our wealth of experience and knowledge (and acquired compassion/empathy, understanding of other perspectives, finding joy and inner peace in the face of adversity, and inner strength, resilience, and unconditional love for all living things) is what gives us the ability to effectively serve our purpose as "lightworkers" and I'm grateful for that :) I'm grateful to be awakened. Because I'd rather know than walk around with blinders on like I was.

Peace and love to you~

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Karma,

That's horrible the symptoms you experienced from medication. Meds I was on made my hair fall out, disrupted my hormones, numbed my feelings/emotions (and made me feel and act "cold" - as if I lacked a soul and empathy and no feeling of spirituality or joy or magic - and easily irritated, major social anxiety and self-consciousness, etc.), brittle nails, and so much more...

But after healing that and then clearing energy blockages, which reconnected me with my heart and intuition (love how you distinguish the two and connect intuition to the gut instead of the heart!), I am now feeling like a human again! Going off the meds and healing my gut wasn't enough to rid the toxins and damage caused by the meds (or trauma or anything negative that a person is storing physically or energetically in their body). The energy healing is what pushed me over the threshold, allowing me to continue to awaken spiritually - the goal/purpose of all humans. The meds held me back from healing, and literally kept me from feeling alive :(

But after all that, I am left feeling highly sensitive and spiritual (all good), but I still have fibro (though this may resolve itself after I go through the ascension process of healing my karma - put not intended :) ) and a sensitive stomach/body, though I'll take it :) MUCH better than before when I think of it.

Peace and love and healing to you~

P.S. Dealing with ego issues too - part of ascension. Don't worry, you'll get there eventually :)

P.P.S. Huge self-awareness, global-awareness (multi-perspective and objective-awareness), intellect, and "over" thinking here too...and yes, it feels like a curse sometimes! ;)

Ruby Fox
@ruby-fox
2 years ago
66 posts

There is a book called "4 Blood types, 4 diets eat right 4 your type" I found this out by accident when going on a typical run, and a creep actually had useful info to share with me (even though he was a pig and I was trying to get away from him). We actually had a convo about natural health. Why did I talk to him? I must have been really bored. Anyway, yes, like he explained, life was responding to me and there was a reason we were talking. That part I agreed with. The different blood types each need a differant meal plan. A types need more organic food and also seafood-no beef-if any, not a-lot. My sister has ADHD and she told me about the book the ADHD Advantage. They usually have gifts the average person doesn't.

Lastars
@lastars
2 years ago
97 posts
Usually the food we are most 'hooked' on is what is the worst for us. My type (O blood)shouldn't eat wheat and of course pasta, bread, pastries--yum, yum, yum!
2 years ago
159 posts

Thanks Alison, I do worry my posts are too long, I have this weird thing of over explaining myself, wandering off topic and getting lost somewhere in between, I can only ask `Bear with me I will get to a point eventually` :)

I also worry I sound a little crazy at times babbling away with what goes on in my head (Dang I have to live with me)

I read the mold link, I had not heard of it but, who knows, natural substances on this planet could well be turning toxic via coming into contact with the chemicals being pumped into the air, in our water supplies and all else. The newer the discovery the more likely the newer the cause (no different in all the latest `mental health conditions`) I mean the over excitable child labeled as Hyper and diagnosed ADHD - The hyper kids I went to school with would now be discussed and debated upon as to, is it `normal behaviour`?

- They are today all holding down decent jobs and have `normal` life styles - They just had personality.... today `this` needs medicating, the quiet child and a questioning `Whats wrong with them?`.... Its all wrong,

I can only express my Anxiety began at the beginning of the year, working with a lad with learning disabilities and basically becoming him absorbing every emotion.

I have put the initial twinges (intuition) down to a warning of some kind to get out but, ignored it till I had to when the anxiety consumed me.... (long and crazy story :) since cutting the tie I have had no panic attacks. So I still believe this was a him vs me situation

I have cut all ties since but, a few symptoms remain. I am getting better but, very affected and scared to be too open to anyone (esp around people other than close friends and family).

I also am finding it extremely difficult to ground myself, am awkward around people and, very aware I am a little odd in the presence of others. I feel as if I am not supposed to be here or that I am desperate to be somewhere else - I know a DR would diagnose me in an instant as being someone with social anxiety and borderline personality disorder because I fall into the diagnosis perfectly yet, I know my experiences and my guarding myself is truly what I am and, why I behave the way I do

- Paranoia (of others and picking up on them), inability to socialize (fearing picking up on others), no sense of who I am (picking up on others) , stressed (because of others, or because I dont want to be around them anymore) etc,,,, hell! I am an empath!! lol

Vaccinations - The Mercury connection I know has been linked to Autism and other learning disabilities- I read a file at work earlier this year concerning a young adult whose family were convinced he was a healthy little boy until his fourth year MMR then it all went pear shaped - became hyper, aggressive and angry (he still is today). Its a common story, although the medical profession refuses any such link and those that do are hounded and disgraced - Any investigation is thwarted yet the rise in Autism, learning disabilities, mental and, emotional health is at its highest it has ever been ever!. I truly believe there is an agenda but, run the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut :)

We could open a separate discussion and talk about it there?

An interesting read yournewswire.com/why-dont-amish-children-get-autism/

The page links to the hep B vaccine as opposed to the MMR but, still the same thought process.

I do not know whether people believe they have ascension symptoms but, really it is a toxic overload?... My belief is, (and it is only my belief) if you truly feel you are, then you are... The drug, toxins, disruption could be a case of ascension being muddled with and, a warped confused opening and closing if that makes sense? - Many mental illnesses and `disorders` (hate the medical terminology) have the `spiritual awakening` connection and/or hearing voices, demonic forces and energies and such - unlike the supposed scientific revelation these people are plain and simple mad (which is really a we cannot explain or, the will not admit the cause)..... Whatever the cause? (toxins, meds, foods, trauma?) they are in tune to another realm or left open to allow energies through (both good and bad, this can only cause further severe mental breakdowns).

I dont know. I am just me and my head is full of trying to make sense of it all - Like I said I rely too heavily on intellect - I need to know things that reasonate, if it does not make sense I will do all I can to make sense of it. That is not to say I expect anyone to agree with what I make sense of though - Its like I cannot relax until it makes sense - Our health is indeed something we need look closer into, Even organic foods are dubious, the soils and such... chemicals in the air must be affecting everything natural - There are chemicals in absolutely everything, we are organic beings :(

2 years ago
159 posts

Lotusfly

I have responded to Alison, I annoyingly have to get ready for work but, will be back tomorrow

I am desperately wanting to talk about `emotional numbness` and the soul connection because I have used the same term of `my soul had left me`.....

Till tomorrow x

Alison
@alison
2 years ago
71 posts

You don't sound crazy at all:-) Thanks for the autism link ... so interesting.

If the medical profession really wanted to improve health, surely they would be looking what the Amish were doing to avoid autism.

I don't mean to say that ascension/toxicity is an either/or situation... it could be both. I just think that perhaps there can be a tendency to think it's all spiritual. I've worked on my spirituality for MANY years and I still feel stuck. I've come to believe over the last few years that toxicity is very likely a big issue that's helping keep me stuck.

I've only come to this realisation because of the CFS and the research I've been 'forced' into doing. I find that when I talk to people about this, they don't really want to know because it's huge and overwhelming and it means them having to make big changes. And why should they if they're feeling ok? But I'm not feeling ok so I've done all this research and found out all this awful stuff about the world we live in. People think you're an extremist when you talk about toxins in food, water, atmosphere, cosmetics,EVERYWHERE basically but I'm not. I just feel I've had my eyes opened.

I believe that awakening is not just about being spiritually aware but also waking up to what's going on in the world too. And most people don't want to because it's scary. So yes a separate discussion sounds good ... we'll be conspiracy nuts together!

Re social anxiety, I can identify with the feelings you describe. Honestly, I've done so much to try and address it over the years and I'm still as anxious as ever. And I don't see why. I'm older and wiser and thought I'd be a bit more relaxed about it by now. I know I'm affected by people's energies but I also now strongly suspect mercury in vaccines has had a part to play in this. It's taken me years to come to this understanding because I've been so conditioned to believe thatthis isjust how I am. But have you read about mercury poisoning? The neurological symptoms are very similar to those ofsocial anxiety. I can't help but wonder ...

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Alison,

I hear what you're saying. Sorry to butt in but I just wanted to say that If you're on any psych medication, it can prevent you from spiritually awakening.

I too am aware of all the chemicals in the world. Even touching plastic, our bodies are absorbing chemicals because our skin is a porous membrane. Chemicals in food, bath and household products, water, air, etc. it all affects the body's hormones, health, and state of mind. And there are chemicals everywhere. It's unavoidable.

I went to an organic spa once to treat myself to a facial after doing years of getting healthy and was told that USDA organic is only about 10-15% organic (because of all the chemicals that are already in the soil, air, and water). Overseas (in a country - I forget which...Bulgaria or something), something labeled as "organic" is 80-85% truly organic. That is how unhealthy and chemical laded the US is. Furthermore, the US is one of the only countries in which food companies are not required to put that there are GMOs in their product. GMOs (genetically modified organisms), for those that don't know, are ingredients that were chemically changed for whatever reason and are a huge detriment to people's health). Additionally, for YEARS, food companies have been adding chemicals (additives) to their products to make people want to eat more (food addiction), so that they will buy more of the product (to profit). This leads to weight gain, which helps fund the diet industry, and health problems, which helps pay doctors and pharmacies... So our economic country (and other parts of the world run similar because money is the underlining goal of most locations) is literally killing us...for money (and power, prestige, longevity, etc....aka "Happiness"). It's so twisted.

And it's all to fill an underlining emptiness in the soul of not knowing why we're here, what our purpose is, etc., so people have strove to fill it with a sense of comfort through material possessions. But as you know, a square peg doesn't fit into a circular hole, so it is unsatisfying, which is why people want more, and more, and more.

Trauma is a big thing that has really thrown a loop into this mess the last several years, due to the pain people experience at the hand of other people trying to gain money and power. I will hopefully write a post soon about my recent realization of the connection between trauma and empathy (and all mental illnesses).

Blessings~

Dice
@dice
2 years ago
284 posts

I know another that tried to bridge together spectrum disorders with empathy. I will say I was intrigued with the implications because of the job I was working at the time.

Do I think that empathy is linked to toxins?It could make mind perceptionmore intense.. but ultimately no. I remember feeling this way from my first memory recall. Trauma or events that make us draw into ourselves can ultimately lead to a keen self awareness (hence finding someone to make us feel better or not alone). Different types of stress can affect the body in a very negative way.

As for me it seems emotions are on my sleeve and do affect me physically. I keep wanting to point out that there is a mind body spirit connection. In my case the spirit has always been stronger than the other two. The last few years have been more about balancing those three. Good diet and exercise can help the mind and body thereby improving the third. Even when I do not feel good or not thinking clear, my spirit is what does not change. I actually gain strength to continue forward. When spirit is not being "fed",it willchange the other two.. or so in my case.

We can spend our whole lives with these questions can't we :) Most of what I learn I do by feeling and just trust it. This is not true with many around me and I know they often question why I would choose the way I do. Inner truth is there.. we just have to let go of what everone else thinks is right and trust in ourselves. When you are true to who you are.. you can never go wrong.

(Yes I have been guilty of overthinking :)) So whoever that was for.. I hope you read it the way it was intended.. (also guilty of being misunderstood since a young age).

Alison
@alison
2 years ago
71 posts

Well said, Lotusfly.

You're not butting in at all. And no I'm not on any medication. I have managed to avoid that route thankfully. I've always been wary of medication, even from an early age, so luckily I don't have to worry about that.I haven't got a complete downer on it though... I know it really helps some people to cope.

2 years ago
159 posts

Your symptomatic hell makes me so angry.... How long since coming off the drug?

Researching I have found (and you will know just as much, if not more than me) that there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of symptoms, the brain is so disrupted it is sending warped signals in confusion... implying you have any number of `conditions` at one time.

The most common being worsening of `mental illness` and `digestive dysfunction` (both sound so damn tame as to the actuality of) - The arrogance concerning the `mild to moderate` diagnosis makes me extremely angry!!! (this on top of severe physical deterioration that no Dr connects to the drug and treats as if separate `condition`)

When in the reduction process (took over two and a half years to wean off - The withdrawal was brutal and I was on a liquid formula to lessen the blow, initially 5mls per month, by the end 1ml per month).... I went through a stage of what is called (and you know it yourself) `Emotional Numbness` - An awful medical term that does not even begin to describe the darkness of such a place.

This I have always described as, `As if my soul had left me`... At the time I would look at everything and everyone (even my loved ones) and think `What is the point of you?`

I saw nothing of worth in anyone nor anything and I felt nothing... I was not depressed, to say I was, would imply a `feeling/emotion` of some kind, there was no feeling , no emotion, there was absolutely nothing!

Only much, much later did I look back and see I had been in a very dark place and, in truth a very scary place - It means a lot that someone else has been there I have never come across anyone else who has described the same - I have wondered if this is what a demon is? the negative energies? if so? is it why they cling in a desperation to feel something?

I hear what you are saying about the meds holding us back.... Good grief I was in hell, yet (albeit always having been a sensitive child to a degree) I do believe the entire time I was guided through to awakening to what the meds were doing... In the early days I went along with my Dr when symptoms worsened, I asked if it was the drug, He laughed and said, I quote (will never forget it) `No, of course not, these are uppers` unquote....

I was in and out of Psychiatric care and the multitude of symptomatic distress blamed upon me for not accepting I was depressed (I knew, I was not... Initially I was medicated because I had, had enough of being verbally put down by my daughters father)..... Yet ended up manic, suicidal, physically deteriorated (understatement to all as you will know yourself).... I had long gotten over my daughters father I ended up being a far lot worse to him - he left me alone believe me... I knew (something was always telling me) I was not me!!

I was so so messed up and confused, could not absorb information, signed things I shouldnt have (the right to be medicated and that I was of sound mind - all paperwork back then and so easily predated).... Blah long and nasty story

I read other peoples stories and see that unlike you and me, believe the drugs are what they need - each time they try to come off the withdrawal kicks in and they believe the Dr when He/She says.... `This is why you need stay on the medication`..... They are screwed! - I have tried to express in the same way I have done here the last few posts but, have been attacked by Drs and Patients alike for suggesting any such notion... pHARMa trolls are everywhere - The agenda of these drugs to attack humanity for both spiritual disconnection and profit from it.... Well!! its hidden in plain sight.

There is no doubt that these meds are brain damaging - connecting to the darker side of human emotion (psychosis/manic depression/hate/anger) and worse still, disconnecting from human emotion altogether - Happy Pills... Its a very sick joke!

My goodness, what an angry post lol... I apologize :)

But, Thank You Lotusfly... Having found a kindred spirit has (regardless of my post) truly uplifted me :)

2 years ago
159 posts

I truly feel for you, am angry for you!!!!

will add that I believed I had candida (I believed I had many things as my symptoms implied as much) Sorry for the detail but, I had very thick mucus if and when finally able to pass a stool (wasnt often) - I believed it was clogged up within my system and as to why I could not digest? - I also looked into fibromyalgia and my Dr said (I kid you not) FM was a `fad disease as was CFS (because I suggested this also)he again stated there were no such diseases nor conditions (this was back in 2004/5. Gotta love the intellect of someone oblivious to anything but, bs studied from a text book many moons ago!!! :)

Since having been off the drug (almost 4 years now) I can at least say my ability to pass stools has improved, it took a while after though.

Mental Health History, Dang!, I hear you - When I suffered Anxiety and Panic attacks recently (all gone now, since cutting the ties :) My `History was raised... (By a different Dr... To which in 2012 I stated I would never return to Dr after what had happened, Four years on, desperate for time out I had to, to be signed off work)

I made a point of, I never suffered anxiety before and I knew the root cause anyway, anti meds etc.... She was very nice though and basically said okay.

I am with you 101% we had to go through what we did to get where we are `spiritually` - I honestly do, I believe you have to experience absolutely anything to ever understand it. I take much comfort in that! - It is hard though to accept sometimes, not so much for myself, but, the brutal lesson affecting others seems so unfair... My Daughter, she had to live alongside a very messed up Mum and I have so much guilt for that.

I will honestly take anything thrown at me, sure I will vent as have done here, its when I affect others my torment lies there. Its why I cannot forgive or nurture me - I think I find `that` the hardest of all.... How to ever learn to value or love myself?

I am also, as you say `grateful` for the knowledge and sensitivity I have, I am grateful to be on a path so to speak... Just lost upon it though, a metaphorical crossroads at all times.... At times I have wisdom (I know I am claircognizant - sounds so arrogant, But, I know things, I just know them, yet to apply any such wisdom to myself is lost, the knowing things though, most do not apply - I at present feel I am of no help to anyone anywhere, just babbling on what goes on inside my head (and truly grateful when someone listens - so thank you :)

I am not `down` nor negative though - I do worry that I may sound as such within written text?

- another long post so sorry

2 years ago
159 posts

Well!

You said that better than I ever could :)

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

had a bit of a browse over the discussion on here - may I just add that after years of study, observation and also 1-on-1 healing work on clients, I have found that the greatest energetic effect on my wellbeing are my clients, AND the energies they are associated with. I have some nice clients, but if they e.g. come from a country/ area with loads of confusion, recent trauma or e.g. high levels of depression - it hits me (often hours before they arrive). Such energies seem to consciously resist the healing energies I intend to channel, and or try to use me as a channel 'out'. As a result I have come to understand that the only real solution is to pray and ask for energy healings and cleansings on much greater scales than just on individuals. Even if an individual has negative energies, the main problem is often the energies in the 'outside' which support, and protect those 'inside' energies....( there is plenty of divine help willing and able to help on grander scales btw!)
Not to try to make anyone paranoid - lol. But since working in such manner things make more sense, and have become easier! I still get down days, and my energy, especially in winter, can be sub-optimal (history of CFS here), but overall the trend is up!

Love and Light

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts
Thanks, Alison. And that is wonderful that you've never gone the route of medications. Essentially they are chemicals, so lifestyle changes is more helpful, practical, and logical :)However, there is still something likely blocking you from optimal health, so I encourage you to never give up your search for the answer(s). Keep researching, soul searching (I recently learned that our bodies have the natural ability to heal themselves and we have the ability to access this knowledge to figure out what is wrong with us), and trying different things, and eventually you will stumble upon your answers and it will all be worth it :)It is the person who gives up who never learns, never grows...Resilience is a strength. (I wonder if it relates at all to "returning to silence"...re-silence...as in meditation?).Best~Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts
Thanks, Karma. And thank you for your thoughtful comments below! I've sent you a message :)Best~Lotusfly
LindseyAnn
@lindseyann
2 years ago
15 posts

I have also wondered this lately, as my family, mostly all seem to have 'empath' characteristics. As a teacher, I am aware of autistic spectrum traits and a lot of them are the same. Someone who is autistic thoughwill not look you in the eyes normally when they are speaking to you. If you are an autistic that is lower on the spectrum then you are more socially aware and can look at people when you speak. So I would say that most of the characteristics are the same apart from a few. I have worked with autistics and there are other things that factor in that I would say wouldn't with most of us, as they are very child-like and you can tell in their speech and writing. All my family (one side - daughter, mother, gran, aunt, great-gran etc) all have phobias, panic attacks, social anxieties, heart problems, stomach issues, as well as all the other 'empath' characteristics.

Not sure about the 'toxin' theory but I do know that there are a lot of people who have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and who were on medication who are not anymore, who are also symptom free, as they were tested for food allergies and once they stayed away from these foods, they didn't have the ADHD symptoms. I am one of many who look at vaccines as a possible cause for a lot of chronic illness today, as they are on the rise and have surpassed the rate at which scientists can say that it is genetic - it is something environmental, that you have put in to your body, or are exposed to.My daughter has type 1 diabetes and no-one else has this in our family, but they tell you at diagnosis that it is genetic. There are some doctors who believe type 1 diabetes has come about through that personnot being able to digest milk/dairy properly and the link that countries/people who don't tend to eat dairy also don't have these illness - which is true if you look in to it. The country that has the most type 1 diabetics per capitais Finland and they are also the most dairy consuming country. Asian countries have low a low instance of type 1 diabetes and they don't consume dairy as a whole. Interesting isn't it. I have a nutritionist friend who believes in the Blood Type diet and she showed me what I should and shouldn't be eating, according to my blood type. It was correct in that all the foods that I know irritate my stomach were on the not to eat list. Foods do play such a large part in things but its hard to change and its also not something most doctors understand either - its easier to prescribe medication.

water_lily
@water-lily
2 years ago
90 posts

I connect empathic tendencies and a tendency towards being diagnosed with those disorders with an ability to see the world differently and/or tendency to be sensitive to the world around us. I do think it is important to listen to your body about what it needs (e.g. strong chocolate cravings can mean you are low on magnesium, craving bananas especially while being unreasonably thirsty can mean you are low in potassium sometimes a result of too much salt) and I am a big fan of probiotic yogurt. I find that feeling out of balance with my food makes me feel out of balance in everything else as well, but I also find that I am far more sensitive (or at least much more aware) of what my body is telling me food-wise than most people I talk to. I think that being out of balance can make me more susceptible to being sick (think Chinese medicine theories), but I do think modern western medicine has a place in the whole scheme of things. I guess, to summarize, I think that being HSP can make us empathic --> the HSP leads us to have to process the world in a different way --> this can cause anxiety and/or be seen as a "wrong" way of processing the world (ADHD, sensory processing disorder, etc); Our highly sensitive nature makes us more aware of things like body balance and makes such things bother us more --> we become even more aware of what is going on --> different way of processing the world are strengthened --> more HSP and more empathic, etc. They are probably all connected in some way :) That said, diet and environmental exposure do probably have a strong effect on how the symptoms of these "disorders" manifest themselves; I'm, personally, not yet convinced that the disorders are caused by them. But that is just my opinion at the moment :)

StringBean
@stringbean
last year
8 posts

I am sensitive to mold, and when I have exposures, its very difficult for me to control the emotions I'm feeling. Its one of the ways I can identify I'm in a building with mold.

Lastars
@lastars
last year
97 posts
Wow, that's very interesting StringBean.
That's very telling that it effects your emotions. (Not sure what it's telling but a homeopath would probably know.) I have a similar situation with chemical fragrances. It is all over the place now, what ever it is, and it effects my moods and health and brain function/speech and leads me to loosing my Will to Live, it effects me that strongly. I live on a couple of acres, as does my neighbour, but when she has the dryer going (using grape smelling dryer sheets) I have to go inside as I start to feel ill as it is that strongly perceived by me.
I consider myself like a canary in a coal mine.You should get a job as a mold sniffer for home inspectors! :)
...~*~...
StringBean
@stringbean
last year
8 posts

The chemical fragrances make me disoriented/spacey, uncoordinated, and I have trouble getting my words out. It kinda dumbs me down. The mold specifically makes me wacky emotional (including depressed and hopeless). Having realized that, it makes me wonder exactly what it is that causes mental illness and depression that is so rampant in US society these days.

Lastars
@lastars
last year
97 posts
Obviously high sensitivities, are you highly empathic as well?Perhaps a part of your brain is highly developed.
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Water Lily,

Great summary and explanation, and I agree wholeheartedly! I believe that ADHD is simply taking in more stimuli than the "average" person, so they are "distracted" by things that "normal" people aren't, so the distracted person is looked at as abnormal.

I believe this because I developed "ADHD" (or symptoms of it) at age 34 (after my spiritual awakening, which included a heightening of my senses after "grounding" and clearing a blockage in my internal energy flow). I felt (and still do) so distracted by things and like I can't handle much "doing," and my brain feels scattered by all my thoughts and everything I'm trying to take it from my environment and what I have to do and what the world expects of me.

Try to explain that to the psychology community...a "child illness" first experienced in my 30s (well, actually, I think I first started to notice it when I was 18, when I was having a "nervous breakdown," though I didn't have the insight that I do now and I was quickly put on medication that took those amazing, heightened sensations right away), where there is no ADHD in my family.

I see all these "mental illnesses" as signs of psychological awakening to the world. ADHD and HSP is the natural state of a human's mind. I realized this last night while I was out walking the back roads. I realized that back in the day, when all these people and cities and buildings and roads weren't here, humans really had to key into their senses - for survival. They had to listen and pay attention to their environment - all the time - to travel, to hunt, to avoid hurting themselves, to avoid being attacked by other living things. They did not think as much as we do now. Now, most people think about everything in an imaginary sense, so they miss out on what's going on around them, so they have not been using their senses, so their senses have dulled (they have lost their natural "gifts" and "abilities" that we are re-igniting).

I also realized on my walk the reason I'm so overstimulated by the stimuli. It is because my ESP (extra sensory perception...though I believe it's not "extra," it's normal or simply heightened compared to most) is over-bombarded by everything in the environment that is not natural (like flashing lights, loud noises, crowds, etc.). It's too much and overwhelming to someone who has more developed senses (simply from using them - not blocking them with doing things or thinking).

The human brain was not meant to function the way that it does for "normal" people today. So people who are able to access the true, high perception and astute senses that humans were born with for survival, this man-made world is just too much for us.

We quickly learn that most people do not see, feel, and experience the world like we do, so we feel that there is something wrong with us. We become shy or introverted, or have "social anxiety" or panic attacks, or we get depressed and suicidal, or we get paranoid and have "delusions" about the world, or we shut the world out ("autism") or... These are not illnesses; they are symptoms of seeing ourselves as "different" in a world that is not right. Our realizations about our "gifts" and differences make us feel out-of-sorts and so we are labeled as such.

These feelings about ourselves are carried through the genes to our children, which is why new "mental illnesses" [and what I call "sensitive illnesses": food sensitivities/allergies, fibromyalgia (which possibly is related to the old unofficial label "hypochondria," after enough people experienced it), chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis, etc. - although, diet, health, and lifestyle factor in and play a part in recovery] have been just "showing up" lately.

As the busyness and population of the world increases, so does the amount of high sensitivity "disorders." Our high sensitivity was always there, but the current state of this world is really bringing it out in more people, making it so difficult for people...difficult for everyone...because people are either further blocking out their senses with more thoughts, or the ones who are not able to do this are "breaking" under the pressures of our society's standards and way of living, powerless to their "awakening," which is essentially a realization of the chaos in the world (that the "blockers" are not "seeing" because they're trying so hard to keep up with everything) and tapping into our natural high sensory perception.

Many who "break" under the pressures of this world are medicated or hospitalized (some against their will) because they are not able to do what is required of them to survive in this society, where money, power, success, prestige, etc. are the goals.

Loving light~

Lotusfly

Alison
@alison
last year
71 posts

Me too! I live in a house that I think has mould in it. We're getting it checked out next week. I've found this really hard to deal with because I think people find it hard to believe me. Find it hard to believe myself. I call it a 'mould mindset'. I get really down and despairing. It's hard to be objective and positive about things.

Have you seen this? https://www.survivingmold.com/community/mary-ackerley-the-brain-on-fire-the-role-of-toxic-mold-in-triggering-psychiatric-symptoms

Lastars
@lastars
last year
97 posts
Lotusfly, if you want to go there ...perhaps look at Synesthesia (also spelled synsthesia or synaesthesia; is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway).These people can see sound, taste colour, taste and touch can be connected, etc.Scientists think it's a disorder and want to find a cure. I believe this is how humans are supposed to be, we've been dumbed down, altered, to not have our full potential. After all, we only use 5-10% of our brain....~*~...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book