Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
3 years ago
392 posts

CFS in the past, with a few years of IBS. No more IBS though, and no more real CFS, but empathy remains!

Btw I read a book about Castor Oil, he author, an American MD, claimed to have helped lastingly heal some of his ADHA clients by prescribing Castor Oil (heat) packs onto their Solar Plexus region. About 30-60min daily for a few weeks. He assumes that the Castor Oil triggered some calming effect via the sympathetic nervous system. That is if you want to heal your ADHD - don't want to make any assumptions!

Lavender&rose
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
3 years ago
82 posts

Check out some of the articles on Autism and Empathy by Karla McLaren

http://karlamclaren.com/

down the bottom of the page there are links.

I believe I was born with this, and developed it/required it strongly as a survival tool in childhood. I have read that hormonal changes intensify it, so that might explain why so many find themselves 'newly awakened' in adolescence, etc, with a further surge for many women in their forties and fifties.

I wish it was something that there was an antidote for.

Lastars
Lastars
@lastars
3 years ago
113 posts
Mamooth, I'm not one that is big into labels, but I come from a family of intellectually gifted ppl. My son was in a class for gifted kids and autism walks side by side with those gifties as far as I'm concerned; you'd understand if you saw the kids in the class. If you haven't heard of HSP (highly sensitive ppl) I would recommend checking it out. They have an awful lot of similarities to Empaths. 20% of the population is HSP and it is equally split between the sexes. They have found that there is something different with their brains, they have short iliads in the insula in the brain causing greater perception/awareness. Empaths have been around for forever, so I don't think toxins would be part of the equation.
HSP: http://youtu.be/FQLBnUBKggY
...~*....
Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

No, but I do have a serious case of major depression, and I believe it's a symptom of empathy, not a result of poor digestion. That's why I feel worse around the holidays.

We need to look at mental illness differently; often it's a symptom, NOT a disease in itself. That's my hunch.

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts

I agree. Mental illness (and other non-understood illnesses that appear physical, such as Fibro, MS, CFS, IBS, etc.) is a result of people awakening to the state of the world (and where it's heading), and/or a symptom of trauma/pain experienced in their lifetime and/or carried through their genes. That is why more and more illnesses are coming out with each generation.

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts

As for your depression, please know that it is a normal reaction to the way the world is. There is nothing wrong with you. Feel the sadness, accept it as being human and normal (feelings are!), forgive and have compassion for yourself and the world (because we are all human and just trying to do our best), and when you are truly ready the feeling will pass on its own...I promise :)

I know this, because the world is in a constant state of change - everything is changing (due to time). When we reject/hold onto/give power to (amply) something, it can stick around for longer than it's meant to. Don't fret over it and it will pass. (P.S. I have had major depression, I survived a suicide attempt 15 years ago, and I've experienced even worse depression lately, but now I know that suicide isn't helpful and the feelings pass and can be helpful in themselves - as a learning tool for growth.)

Kudos to you for reaching out here :) I hope you stick around :)

Love and light to you~~

Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

Lotusfly - I know, I know!! The world is unbearable and there's something wrong with people who aren't depressed about it!! But I am so tired of feeling sad. I've been following Trevor Lewis's page and he makes some sense. Apparently you can turn empathy into a strength. Anyway, I'm working on it!

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts

I agree with you 100%, Karma, except at the end where you mention toxins, and even you are not convinced of it. I think if you pondered it a bit more you'd come up with a better (your own) explanation :)

So refreshing to hear your insightful and objective view of mental illness that is similar to my ideas on it, and to hear your additional psychiatry knowledge which I didn't know but definitely see as being logical. Interesting about the connection of the brain and gut, since I have gone through a long journey of healing my gut and I'm now healing my mind :)

I did learn, during my own research during the gut healing process, that the gut affects the state of mind, and the health of the gut affects the rest of the body. I believe the whole body operates this way - as a connected "machine" (for lack of a better word) - rather than individual parts. So a symptom can be related to something other than the organ it is normally associated with. Which leads to the discussion of getting to the root cause of an ailment...or anything...instead of just treating the symptom that appears on the surface...and on and on ;)

I have also read that people who have depression (and other mental - and even physical - disorders) think too much. Yes, allowing our mind to think and think and think can lead to a "disorder." But the truth is, there is no disorder - only if one is unwilling to change themselves, change what is hurting their state of mind and making life more difficult for them. Because, ultimately, we are the masters of our "game." We have the ability to change our thoughts if we want to (simply insert a positive thought). And it all starts there...self-awareness :)

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts

Wow...I love to hear fresh perspectives :) I'd love to hear why you think we are purposefully being held back from evolving spiritually and what is doing this. Message me :)

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts

LOL on the drainage system visual ;) But that's pretty much it. "Leaky gut" is the "acceptable" term nowadays for it :)

My main gut "issue" (aka diagnosis) was GI Candidiasis ("yeast overgrowth in the GI tract" - as well as unhealthy balance of gut bacteria/flora, and "leaky gut"). I cleared that up but I still have a sensitive stomach (doesn't digest foods well) and my body reacts badly to certain foods ("IBS"?). I believe my sensitive stomach (as well as my fibromyalgia) has to do with my ascending spirituality (aka empath, HSP, etc.), as all my senses are heightened (I have insomnia too). I have a mental health history too (incorrectly diagnosed, though most people are), and took medication I didn't need that only gave me a lot of bad side effects and symptoms (for 15 years), and kept me from ascending.

But it's all good because I wouldn't be awakening now if I didn't go through all that "crap" (pun intended, lol). Our wealth of experience and knowledge (and acquired compassion/empathy, understanding of other perspectives, finding joy and inner peace in the face of adversity, and inner strength, resilience, and unconditional love for all living things) is what gives us the ability to effectively serve our purpose as "lightworkers" and I'm grateful for that :) I'm grateful to be awakened. Because I'd rather know than walk around with blinders on like I was.

Peace and love to you~

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts

Karma,

That's horrible the symptoms you experienced from medication. Meds I was on made my hair fall out, disrupted my hormones, numbed my feelings/emotions (and made me feel and act "cold" - as if I lacked a soul and empathy and no feeling of spirituality or joy or magic - and easily irritated, major social anxiety and self-consciousness, etc.), brittle nails, and so much more...

But after healing that and then clearing energy blockages, which reconnected me with my heart and intuition (love how you distinguish the two and connect intuition to the gut instead of the heart!), I am now feeling like a human again! Going off the meds and healing my gut wasn't enough to rid the toxins and damage caused by the meds (or trauma or anything negative that a person is storing physically or energetically in their body). The energy healing is what pushed me over the threshold, allowing me to continue to awaken spiritually - the goal/purpose of all humans. The meds held me back from healing, and literally kept me from feeling alive :(

But after all that, I am left feeling highly sensitive and spiritual (all good), but I still have fibro (though this may resolve itself after I go through the ascension process of healing my karma - put not intended :) ) and a sensitive stomach/body, though I'll take it :) MUCH better than before when I think of it.

Peace and love and healing to you~

P.S. Dealing with ego issues too - part of ascension. Don't worry, you'll get there eventually :)

P.P.S. Huge self-awareness, global-awareness (multi-perspective and objective-awareness), intellect, and "over" thinking here too...and yes, it feels like a curse sometimes! ;)

Ruby Fox
Ruby Fox
@ruby-stone
3 years ago
70 posts

There is a book called "4 Blood types, 4 diets eat right 4 your type" I found this out by accident when going on a typical run, and a creep actually had useful info to share with me (even though he was a pig and I was trying to get away from him). We actually had a convo about natural health. Why did I talk to him? I must have been really bored. Anyway, yes, like he explained, life was responding to me and there was a reason we were talking. That part I agreed with. The different blood types each need a differant meal plan. A types need more organic food and also seafood-no beef-if any, not a-lot. My sister has ADHD and she told me about the book the ADHD Advantage. They usually have gifts the average person doesn't.

Lastars
Lastars
@lastars
3 years ago
113 posts
Usually the food we are most 'hooked' on is what is the worst for us. My type (O blood)shouldn't eat wheat and of course pasta, bread, pastries--yum, yum, yum!
Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts

Alison,

I hear what you're saying. Sorry to butt in but I just wanted to say that If you're on any psych medication, it can prevent you from spiritually awakening.

I too am aware of all the chemicals in the world. Even touching plastic, our bodies are absorbing chemicals because our skin is a porous membrane. Chemicals in food, bath and household products, water, air, etc. it all affects the body's hormones, health, and state of mind. And there are chemicals everywhere. It's unavoidable.

I went to an organic spa once to treat myself to a facial after doing years of getting healthy and was told that USDA organic is only about 10-15% organic (because of all the chemicals that are already in the soil, air, and water). Overseas (in a country - I forget which...Bulgaria or something), something labeled as "organic" is 80-85% truly organic. That is how unhealthy and chemical laded the US is. Furthermore, the US is one of the only countries in which food companies are not required to put that there are GMOs in their product. GMOs (genetically modified organisms), for those that don't know, are ingredients that were chemically changed for whatever reason and are a huge detriment to people's health). Additionally, for YEARS, food companies have been adding chemicals (additives) to their products to make people want to eat more (food addiction), so that they will buy more of the product (to profit). This leads to weight gain, which helps fund the diet industry, and health problems, which helps pay doctors and pharmacies... So our economic country (and other parts of the world run similar because money is the underlining goal of most locations) is literally killing us...for money (and power, prestige, longevity, etc....aka "Happiness"). It's so twisted.

And it's all to fill an underlining emptiness in the soul of not knowing why we're here, what our purpose is, etc., so people have strove to fill it with a sense of comfort through material possessions. But as you know, a square peg doesn't fit into a circular hole, so it is unsatisfying, which is why people want more, and more, and more.

Trauma is a big thing that has really thrown a loop into this mess the last several years, due to the pain people experience at the hand of other people trying to gain money and power. I will hopefully write a post soon about my recent realization of the connection between trauma and empathy (and all mental illnesses).

Blessings~

Dice
Dice
@dice
3 years ago
285 posts

I know another that tried to bridge together spectrum disorders with empathy. I will say I was intrigued with the implications because of the job I was working at the time.

Do I think that empathy is linked to toxins?It could make mind perceptionmore intense.. but ultimately no. I remember feeling this way from my first memory recall. Trauma or events that make us draw into ourselves can ultimately lead to a keen self awareness (hence finding someone to make us feel better or not alone). Different types of stress can affect the body in a very negative way.

As for me it seems emotions are on my sleeve and do affect me physically. I keep wanting to point out that there is a mind body spirit connection. In my case the spirit has always been stronger than the other two. The last few years have been more about balancing those three. Good diet and exercise can help the mind and body thereby improving the third. Even when I do not feel good or not thinking clear, my spirit is what does not change. I actually gain strength to continue forward. When spirit is not being "fed",it willchange the other two.. or so in my case.

We can spend our whole lives with these questions can't we :) Most of what I learn I do by feeling and just trust it. This is not true with many around me and I know they often question why I would choose the way I do. Inner truth is there.. we just have to let go of what everone else thinks is right and trust in ourselves. When you are true to who you are.. you can never go wrong.

(Yes I have been guilty of overthinking :)) So whoever that was for.. I hope you read it the way it was intended.. (also guilty of being misunderstood since a young age).

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
3 years ago
392 posts

had a bit of a browse over the discussion on here - may I just add that after years of study, observation and also 1-on-1 healing work on clients, I have found that the greatest energetic effect on my wellbeing are my clients, AND the energies they are associated with. I have some nice clients, but if they e.g. come from a country/ area with loads of confusion, recent trauma or e.g. high levels of depression - it hits me (often hours before they arrive). Such energies seem to consciously resist the healing energies I intend to channel, and or try to use me as a channel 'out'. As a result I have come to understand that the only real solution is to pray and ask for energy healings and cleansings on much greater scales than just on individuals. Even if an individual has negative energies, the main problem is often the energies in the 'outside' which support, and protect those 'inside' energies....( there is plenty of divine help willing and able to help on grander scales btw!)
Not to try to make anyone paranoid - lol. But since working in such manner things make more sense, and have become easier! I still get down days, and my energy, especially in winter, can be sub-optimal (history of CFS here), but overall the trend is up!

Love and Light

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts
Thanks, Alison. And that is wonderful that you've never gone the route of medications. Essentially they are chemicals, so lifestyle changes is more helpful, practical, and logical :)However, there is still something likely blocking you from optimal health, so I encourage you to never give up your search for the answer(s). Keep researching, soul searching (I recently learned that our bodies have the natural ability to heal themselves and we have the ability to access this knowledge to figure out what is wrong with us), and trying different things, and eventually you will stumble upon your answers and it will all be worth it :)It is the person who gives up who never learns, never grows...Resilience is a strength. (I wonder if it relates at all to "returning to silence"...re-silence...as in meditation?).Best~Lotusfly
Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
3 years ago
410 posts
Thanks, Karma. And thank you for your thoughtful comments below! I've sent you a message :)Best~Lotusfly
water_lily
water_lily
@water-lily
3 years ago
90 posts

I connect empathic tendencies and a tendency towards being diagnosed with those disorders with an ability to see the world differently and/or tendency to be sensitive to the world around us. I do think it is important to listen to your body about what it needs (e.g. strong chocolate cravings can mean you are low on magnesium, craving bananas especially while being unreasonably thirsty can mean you are low in potassium sometimes a result of too much salt) and I am a big fan of probiotic yogurt. I find that feeling out of balance with my food makes me feel out of balance in everything else as well, but I also find that I am far more sensitive (or at least much more aware) of what my body is telling me food-wise than most people I talk to. I think that being out of balance can make me more susceptible to being sick (think Chinese medicine theories), but I do think modern western medicine has a place in the whole scheme of things. I guess, to summarize, I think that being HSP can make us empathic --> the HSP leads us to have to process the world in a different way --> this can cause anxiety and/or be seen as a "wrong" way of processing the world (ADHD, sensory processing disorder, etc); Our highly sensitive nature makes us more aware of things like body balance and makes such things bother us more --> we become even more aware of what is going on --> different way of processing the world are strengthened --> more HSP and more empathic, etc. They are probably all connected in some way :) That said, diet and environmental exposure do probably have a strong effect on how the symptoms of these "disorders" manifest themselves; I'm, personally, not yet convinced that the disorders are caused by them. But that is just my opinion at the moment :)

Lastars
Lastars
@lastars
2 years ago
113 posts
Wow, that's very interesting StringBean.
That's very telling that it effects your emotions. (Not sure what it's telling but a homeopath would probably know.) I have a similar situation with chemical fragrances. It is all over the place now, what ever it is, and it effects my moods and health and brain function/speech and leads me to loosing my Will to Live, it effects me that strongly. I live on a couple of acres, as does my neighbour, but when she has the dryer going (using grape smelling dryer sheets) I have to go inside as I start to feel ill as it is that strongly perceived by me.
I consider myself like a canary in a coal mine.You should get a job as a mold sniffer for home inspectors! :)
...~*~...
Lastars
Lastars
@lastars
2 years ago
113 posts
Obviously high sensitivities, are you highly empathic as well?Perhaps a part of your brain is highly developed.
Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Water Lily,

Great summary and explanation, and I agree wholeheartedly! I believe that ADHD is simply taking in more stimuli than the "average" person, so they are "distracted" by things that "normal" people aren't, so the distracted person is looked at as abnormal.

I believe this because I developed "ADHD" (or symptoms of it) at age 34 (after my spiritual awakening, which included a heightening of my senses after "grounding" and clearing a blockage in my internal energy flow). I felt (and still do) so distracted by things and like I can't handle much "doing," and my brain feels scattered by all my thoughts and everything I'm trying to take it from my environment and what I have to do and what the world expects of me.

Try to explain that to the psychology community...a "child illness" first experienced in my 30s (well, actually, I think I first started to notice it when I was 18, when I was having a "nervous breakdown," though I didn't have the insight that I do now and I was quickly put on medication that took those amazing, heightened sensations right away), where there is no ADHD in my family.

I see all these "mental illnesses" as signs of psychological awakening to the world. ADHD and HSP is the natural state of a human's mind. I realized this last night while I was out walking the back roads. I realized that back in the day, when all these people and cities and buildings and roads weren't here, humans really had to key into their senses - for survival. They had to listen and pay attention to their environment - all the time - to travel, to hunt, to avoid hurting themselves, to avoid being attacked by other living things. They did not think as much as we do now. Now, most people think about everything in an imaginary sense, so they miss out on what's going on around them, so they have not been using their senses, so their senses have dulled (they have lost their natural "gifts" and "abilities" that we are re-igniting).

I also realized on my walk the reason I'm so overstimulated by the stimuli. It is because my ESP (extra sensory perception...though I believe it's not "extra," it's normal or simply heightened compared to most) is over-bombarded by everything in the environment that is not natural (like flashing lights, loud noises, crowds, etc.). It's too much and overwhelming to someone who has more developed senses (simply from using them - not blocking them with doing things or thinking).

The human brain was not meant to function the way that it does for "normal" people today. So people who are able to access the true, high perception and astute senses that humans were born with for survival, this man-made world is just too much for us.

We quickly learn that most people do not see, feel, and experience the world like we do, so we feel that there is something wrong with us. We become shy or introverted, or have "social anxiety" or panic attacks, or we get depressed and suicidal, or we get paranoid and have "delusions" about the world, or we shut the world out ("autism") or... These are not illnesses; they are symptoms of seeing ourselves as "different" in a world that is not right. Our realizations about our "gifts" and differences make us feel out-of-sorts and so we are labeled as such.

These feelings about ourselves are carried through the genes to our children, which is why new "mental illnesses" [and what I call "sensitive illnesses": food sensitivities/allergies, fibromyalgia (which possibly is related to the old unofficial label "hypochondria," after enough people experienced it), chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis, etc. - although, diet, health, and lifestyle factor in and play a part in recovery] have been just "showing up" lately.

As the busyness and population of the world increases, so does the amount of high sensitivity "disorders." Our high sensitivity was always there, but the current state of this world is really bringing it out in more people, making it so difficult for people...difficult for everyone...because people are either further blocking out their senses with more thoughts, or the ones who are not able to do this are "breaking" under the pressures of our society's standards and way of living, powerless to their "awakening," which is essentially a realization of the chaos in the world (that the "blockers" are not "seeing" because they're trying so hard to keep up with everything) and tapping into our natural high sensory perception.

Many who "break" under the pressures of this world are medicated or hospitalized (some against their will) because they are not able to do what is required of them to survive in this society, where money, power, success, prestige, etc. are the goals.

Loving light~

Lotusfly

Lastars
Lastars
@lastars
2 years ago
113 posts
Lotusfly, if you want to go there ...perhaps look at Synesthesia (also spelled synsthesia or synaesthesia; is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway).These people can see sound, taste colour, taste and touch can be connected, etc.Scientists think it's a disorder and want to find a cure. I believe this is how humans are supposed to be, we've been dumbed down, altered, to not have our full potential. After all, we only use 5-10% of our brain....~*~...

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book