Am I am empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Jasmine Gold
@jasmine-gold
2 years ago
3 posts
Hi I'm 19 and quite frankly I'm just lost. I've always had issues socializing with others due to ADHD and autism but I liked being around people. My own emotions are stronger then most and I think for a long time that's way I didn't get close to anyone. Large crowds don't bug me but maybe they will now. Recently the emotions have gotten stronger and for a friend who was frivoling I didn't even go near him and it hurt me. I dealt horrible for him and I was like I felt with him. I was stuck in the sad state for days and he was all I could think about. I've always been sensitive to other people and if there's something wrong but never like that before. If I am in fact am empath I wanna strangthen that ability and use it too help others but I also need to get it so I'm not getting overwhelmed by emotion. Please help. I guess I'm just scared by the whole thing at first I thought I was nuts.
updated by @jasmine-gold: 01/22/17 07:15:10AM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Hi Jasmine,

Welcome to the Empath Community! Most people who have been diagnosed with illnesses, whether they be mental or physical, is a result of the world we live in that isn't geared towards people who are extra sensitive or, in my own words, "special." That is the main reason why you may feel like there is something "different" about you (the lack of sensitivity in the exterior world).

But don't fret! It is normal and human to have a multitude of emotions :) Just feel them and accept them and they will pass, just like events in life. Holding onto them, thinking there is something wrong with being empathic or sensitive, only keeps them inside you and becomes hard to let them go.

Please know this: It is a blessing to be who you are. Embrace your uniqueness. And kudos to you for figuring yourself out at 19! I didn't until just recently at 34!

Hang in there, stick around this community and with others who are kind and compassionate like you, and remember that you can still be a strong, self-assured woman with roller-coaster emotions :)

Best~

Lotusfly

Jasmine Gold
@jasmine-gold
2 years ago
3 posts
Thanks I guess I was just confused by the whole thing especially cause I don't fit the bill of introvert, feels anti social, dosent like to be around people. In fact I spent and still spend a lot of time not knowing how to relate to others, especially now that I realize not everyone feels this much.It's hard to explain to my dad who seems to think I'm crazy. Maybe it's possible that I've not allowed myself to attach to or grow close to people in so long that when I finally did it all broke through at once. I started thinking why can't I read people more often then realized I've probably Coped by not allowing myself to focus long enough to do so. I can't just keep living blocking out feeling for others all together I wasn't meant for it. I've definitely learned bottling emotions isn't the answer but if this is in fact me what am I exactly ad how do I use this and feel like this without it throwing me for a loop for three days for another's pain. I don't know I just don't seem toFor the normal traits even for an empath but I have to believe whatever this is God gave me the ability for a reason nod I feel more then others even with my own emotions for a reason but maybe I'm wrong. Not even sure anymore.
Lastars
@lastars
2 years ago
96 posts
Hi Jasmine,For myself (and it took me 2 decades to figure this out) that when I sank down into a hole for days due to someone not being well in some way, it meant I was supposed to pray for them, send loving thoughts/healing energy.....to picture them happy & healthy. My own process (visualizing) was to mentally go into their body and look around until I found a spot that needed fixing and my intuition guided me from there. It would relieve things tremendously for me! It took me a very long time to realize I had some power in the situation and I was meant to aid.Don't know if this will be helpful to you, but it made a huge difference in my Life....~*~...
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

Hey Jasmine,

Simply, you don't need to be concerned with labels, because they are limiting. You are an original. There has never been, and there never will be, anyone like you :) Therefore, you won't fit any label entirely, and you shouldn't try. Being YOU is the goal. Labels can be rather harmful in our society. Just think of them as guideposts to lead you towards your truth, not the "end all, be all" (absolute truth of you).

And what others think of you doesn't matter. What matters is how you think of yourself.

There are a million theories and ideas out there about how things work, so feel free to read up on the ones that resonate with you to gain a basic understanding, but don't take them at 100% face value, because they are other people's ideas. Use them to help you to discover things about yourself...your own truths as a one-of-a-kind individual :)

In other words, trust yourself and have faith in yourself, because YOU know yourself best. (How could anyone know what's best for you besides you?) YOU have all the truths and insights (for you as an individual) in you at this very moment :) The best way to acquire them is to get quiet and "go within," by listening to your inner voice. "Listening" is the key. If we are listening, we are not thinking or contributing (the opposite is true as well).

Above all, you're gonna be okay :) It's okay to not have all the answers right now (I don't either). It will take time to learn this newly discovered aspect of you that has been there all along. Just be grateful that you now know (that is huge!), and know that you have plenty of time to learn about it. Believe me, there is no rush :) If you let it unfold naturally and meditate/ground yourself a little each day, you will enjoy the journey of life, and I promise you, it will be great :) It will be one heck of a ride, but if you go with it, accepting yourself and believing in you, you will be living life the way it was meant to be lived :)

May peace be with you~

Lotusfly

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book