emotional roller coaster

To post a reply, login or signup

Nicke Nicole
@nicke-nicole
2 years ago
4 posts
How do I handle the flood of emotions I Puck up emotions from everybody I don't even have to be around them or know them I can just read a newsline and the emotions become overwhelming for me I've been dealing with this since a child just Never knew there was a name for it
updated by @nicke-nicole: 01/10/17 06:37:12PM
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Hello!

Welcome to the empath world! Will be nice to show you around a bit :) This is something we all deal with everyday, even the most advanced emapth still has a hard time not picking up others emotions. Thankfully, there are things we can do for it.

Could I possibly message you? That way I can pack in loads of info and we can chat a bit :)

Much love,

Kaitlyn x

Lastars
@lastars
2 years ago
96 posts
Nicke, it is very individual as to what will work best for you. I think the first step is to realize this is something that is seriously part of who you are. When we have a physical ailment we can accept our lives will have to change and accommodate the condition. Likewise, if a woman is pregnant, she will not jog her usual 5 miles per day in her 9th month. I believe we must take this same approach and identify your parameters and adjust accordingly. As we learn to handle the energies we cope better and better. If you can find a way to use your sensitivity to be helpful in some way, this too can make a difference in your level of relief.
You've come to the right place, lots of help & suggestions.
....~*~....
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Hi Nicke, Welcome to the EC! You are definitely in the right place...pretty much all of us here have had to deal with similar issues. You will find some much needed resources here to answer your questions. There is also a lot of great people here that you can share experiences with. I suggest some initial reading in the following link https://www.eliselebeau.com/empath-survival-programShine on....
Nicke Nicole
@nicke-nicole
2 years ago
4 posts
Yes you can and thank you I'm glad I'm not alone in this
Nicke Nicole
@nicke-nicole
2 years ago
4 posts
Thank you yes I'm very sensistive but o can feel all emotions as well anger happiness pain sorrow is this normal
Nicke Nicole
@nicke-nicole
2 years ago
4 posts
Thank you it's nice knowing I'm not the only one with these emotions
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
2 years ago
410 posts

I would consider it a gift and embrace (be proud) of it, even if that's just on the inside of you :) Thinking there is something wrong with us makes it harder to be this way.

When I need to tune out my thoughts or people or stimuli, or just get in a good frame of mind before going out into public, I listen to music. And I usually bring headphones with me so that if I get overwhelmed, I can put them on and gain my peace of mind back.

Sensing people's thoughts/emotions just means that you're open. Your consciousness is open, not closed off, so you pick up on these energies, whereas the majority of people are naturally closed off to them, or purposefully or subconsciously block them.

I prefer to be open. I'm just working on accepting myself and getting strong as an individual so that other energies won't be able to shake me so easily :)

Anthony
@anthony
2 years ago
4 posts
When it hits hard, just get away. I'm just learning what my abilities are, and when I have certain feelings what is going on. So far I don't try to "stand and fight" I just find a way out when I realize I'm tuned into bad frequency
Marta
@marta
2 years ago
11 posts
I highly suggest you read "The Most Important Person In the Room 30-day guide to empath empowerment" by Rose Rosetree - there are some great techniques to turn your empath gifts off so they don't interfere with your everyday life. Goodluck and much love.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book