Bad Omens in New Home??

To post a reply, login or signup

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts
Hi Everyone,Any thoughts on this? I fled an abusive living situation into my current residence (LOVE IT here!), and had been settling in nicely.Then the wasps came. It was terrible. We are talking 20+ for two weeks would be dead daily in my kitchen -so bad that I couldn't eat at home. The situation was very soon after fleeing the first residence, and not feeling safe again did a number on my mental state as did watching the creatures die slowly from poison. However, with the help of my lovely landlord, some personal determination with a power vak, and the emergency call to an exterminator, I survived.Next came mice, which I humane trapped and released across town until my landlord could plug their entrances -maybe 8 mice relocated by the end. Luckily they remained stuck in one area.Now ants have come. They are found throughout my home: they have no apparent direction of interest and come alone to walk up a wall, get stuck in the bath, climb into my sheets... I will find one, kill it, search for others, (nothing), and then another pops up randomly elsewhere a while later. It is a bit creepy.You would never know I am actually a very clean person who keeps an incredibly tidy home lol The weird ant behavior (and again having to kill things in my home) has been upsetting -not to mention time consuming and leaving me paranoid. I feel like sucha nag to my poor landlords, and now I cannot shake the feeling that this is some bad omen? Another part of me thinks the world is helping me toughen up after the last living situation by dealing me a bunch of "disasters" I *can* handle. Do you guys have any thoughts on this stuff?? At least, the ants are tiny and don't sting :/Thanks guys, Umar :)
updated by @umar: 01/20/17 12:48:37AM
Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

To explain the paranoia some if it is helpful:

It is like I am hyper-vigilant about my hair touching me being an ant crawling on me, or one falling onto me while I sleep, or that there are more in my sheets (one got into my pants and managed to bite my butt when I rolled over!). Now I'm having a hard time calming down enough to feel "safe enough" to relax in my room.

Bookworm
@bookworm
2 years ago
85 posts
Just a thought - and this is most definitely NOT to blame you in any way - you mention that you moved to your new place from an abusive living situation before, is there any chance you could be subconsciously attracting these challenges yourself, perhaps by feeling you don't really deserve to be free of the previous bad situation? I could be totally wrong but it is often the case that people who manage to escape abusive scenarios battle with guilty feelings for escaping and feeling like they don't really deserve their new freedom. Perhaps just something to think about xx
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
787 posts

Lol...more likely you have an ant colony under or close to the the foundation...and finding their way into the house same as the mice...it's nice and warm in the house after all...the wasps the same...hive some where...where there's a hole say under the eaves or a hole in the siding...there's no omen...once the holes are plugged...the ant hill found and destroyed...just pour hot water down the hole...and keep an eye on the wasp situaion...those are the only things I have a phobia for...lol....it should be ok...lol...everone gets those kinds of problems...my cats take care of my own mouse problems...lol

PD2012
@pd2012
2 years ago
20 posts

For me, I wouldn't call any of these problems bad omens. They're all natural occurrences in a home. I wouldn't feel badly for having to call the landlord either, you have every right as a tenant to live in a pest free home. You just had three pest problems in a row, it's enough to freak out anyone!

We have to spray our foundation every spring for the ants, (the little tiny ones). There's always some type of wasp nest or some other type of bee infestation around our property. I send hubby out to take care of those and my cats take care of the field mice in the house. Now those things I can't stand!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
787 posts

The bad omen would actually be on your landlord. ..lol...he has holes in his foundation etc etc...so he'll have to shell out money to fix the problems...but that's the joys of owning a house....these lil adventures,,, lol

Bookworm
@bookworm
2 years ago
85 posts
This is very true Karen probably no reason to panic especially if you live in a rural area these things do happen my parents house is very clean and tidy but come winter there are always mice that come in from the fields because the house is warm and it's almost impossible to deal every single entrance, they can get in through even the smallest of gaps!
Bookworm
@bookworm
2 years ago
85 posts
Seal* sorry not deal
Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts
Thank you very much everyone; I have read all of your comments, and they have helped immensely <3 It is funny how going through some of what I have recently changes how your mind works: it has taken a lot of self-driven re-working to get me to stop seeing everything as a threat. When an ant finally bit me on the butt in bed though, I lost it haha. Now, it almost seems so silly how I snapped into "omg imma gonna die" mode over an ant. Thanks for helping me realize it is okay to calm down :) (and an ant exterminator comes Monday -yay!).
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

Meanwhile, good on you for getting yourself out of that abusive living situation!

One's nervous system is in hyperdrive after such a move, and things take a while to settle down, so be gentle with yourself in every way for as long as it takes.

(I once had a plague of slugs in the bathroom the night after a house move... freaked me right out. It was like a horror movie... They just went away. It was so weird!)

My favourite calming place is the bathtub. Stake your claim to wherever yours is, and take yourself there often; it's your house now! And if you freak out again, be nice to yourself and know it will pass, and that the problem will be solvable, in time, with some help.

(Ants don't like lemon oil, or lemons? I guess, or eucalyptus oil, from memory. I can't remember what I do when they decide to march into my kitchen once every three or four years, so I have to google it each time. Think it involved cottonwool balls and lemon oil!)

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
787 posts

Lol...freaked me out when I was bitten by a spider that found it's way into my bed...ewe....bought a brand new matress and was talked into buying a used box spring...to save money and recycle...won't ever do THAT again...turned out the box spring had bed bugs...I ran out and bought a steamer so fast and steamed the crap out of my brand new matress and threw out the box spring that I spent money on...so your not the only one who doesn't like to find insects in your bed....lol...took me awhile to get over that one....I still get the heebie jeebies...lol

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book