In a slump

To post a reply, login or signup

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

I've been in a lazy slump for a little over a month now. I don't know how to get out of it! This weekend was gorgeous out, and instead I just slept. It could be depression, but I'm not really feeling sad per-se, just profound tiredness and laziness. I know I should cleanse myself, but I look at the sage and think, ugh, that's too much work.

There's a lot that I need and want to do, even simple things like going to the grocery store and picking up some salad. I just don't want to. I ran out of some vitamins earlier this week. Still no intention of buying more. Even showering is a long process I've been avoiding, going the whole work week not doing it.

I just don't know how to get myself out of this slump! I need suggestions!

updated by @dariasdouble212: 01/09/17 11:25:26PM
Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts
I write a list of very simple things: make bed, put laundry in hamper, pick up dish, fill dishwasher, run dishwasher. I like the immediate gratification of crossing off each item. When I fall into a slump, I focus all energy on making that list and doing the first item. Sometimes turning on a familiar song or tv show helps me break the slump cycle to get that first task started.You can get out of this! You just need to take the first step :)
Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts
... Just make the first step a teeny tiny one ;)
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts
Lol...you just described me...lol...I always put it down to exhaustion from work...being around so many people and driving for the length of time I do each day...shopping does the same thing...tires me out...I find it kind of odd that your symptoms are almost exactly the same as mine....i've been having a hard time smudging too...since I moved to this house...I never had that problem in my former home...and the shower thing...exactly the same...I wash my hair tho and sponge baths...I get to the tub intending to shower...but it's like someone holding me back...and just wash my hair...when i'm having real problems...I always ask my spirit guides to make sure I DO it even when my brain is telling me not to...they're in charge of making shopping lists too..cause whenever I walk into a store my list goes out the window because of all the energy i'm picking up. ..it's weird because my brain goes completely blank or my head fills up with every other customer who is shopping...so i forget what i'm there for...and someone has to take over...it's the same with everything...when i'm in trouble they help me and make sure I get things done...It would be impossible for me to get things dun without their help now...and...one thing at a time...a little here a little there...so as not to tire out more...
2 years ago
159 posts

I have this scenario often :)

Since discovering I pick up peoples energies I have become inclined to relate it to that, being alone and away from people is therapeutic for me lol

Depression is too much a believed cause of everything we do these days (and big rich pHARMa love that) You do not sound depressed hon, like you said you do not feel sad - you sound like your body and mind are saying it just cant be bothered right now (are you around anyone or with contact of anyone meloncholoy?)

Getting stuck in a mind set for too long of doing nothing is not healthy either....

What do you do? It is easy to say `motivate yourself` but, motivation becomes the pressure......

I can only speak for myself, My motivation only comes from what I will enjoy.... I do not enjoy writing shopping lists, getting up and clearing up etc.

What do you enjoy? even if you cant be bothered with it right now... You could try to focus on what you like doing, listening to, watching etc.... It is not so much a cure all but, a focus that may nudge your mind set? I wish you the best of luck :)

Evolving
@evolving
2 years ago
46 posts

Hi, dariasdouble212!

I can relate to all you've described! My question for you is, do you think that it has anything to do with the time of the year? Ever since we turned the clocks back one hour for daylight savings time, I've been feeling sort of "draggy". Meaning, I am just dragging my tail around to get things done!

My impression of myself, is realizing that it is darker earlier, and when the daylight goes, it takes my energy with it. I am going to bed sooner, sleeping longer and am less motivated to work when the weather is cold and I feel a bit holed up in the house. (I am so sensitive to the cold, I layer like crazy when I go outside!)

Also, with the holidays, and all of the extra work that it brings in decorating, shopping, meal preps, cookie baking, work and social parties to attend, these tend to compete for even more time in your life, on top of all of the usual obligations. Juggling all of this is stressful and tiring.

I laugh at myself, saying that at this time of the year, I wish I were a hibernating animal! LOL! I want to eat to fill up my fat storage, sleep through the cold winter months snuggled in a warm, safe place and avoid all of the crowds and noise!

What I really end up doing though, is pacing myself. I am no longer concerned about how others feel when I turn down a holiday party; I make less complicated meals; I decorate less; and, I take care of my soul more. I am listening to the holiday music that I love, and watching the holiday movies that I love and am learning to feel less guilty when I take my Power Naps on the occasional afternoon.

Oh, and like Umar, I also make a list for the week. If I even get a few things crossed off, it is satisfying. I've learned to stop expecting perfection in myself, and am OK with making any progress that I can.

I hope this helps!

Evolving

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

I always make to do lists, but I get no satisfaction of crossing them off. It's more of just a reminder in case I forget something. Taking the first step is too hard! :p

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

Never thought of asking guides to help keep me on track, although I've never contacted them! I'm definitely going to need to get a communication line going. I try to shop when it's least busy, and I'm in and out of there QUICK. Luckily I can't hear other people's thoughts, I just get a general anxiety and need to hurry up. Sometimes I do a little bit here and there, but other times I like to dive right in, but maybe I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff I need to do, thinking it all needs to be done right now. Thanks!

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

I don't think anyone around me is melancholy. Unfortunately this weekend I couldn't even get the motivation to do what I like (hiking). I definitely think my thoughts have become, *blegh*, for lack of a better word, and it's affecting me physically. Thanks :)

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

It usually only takes a couple weeks for me to readjust to the time change. And I actually prefer the cold. So I don't think it's that :/

I fully agree about hibernation though! Thanks!

Skeletubbie
@skeletubbie
2 years ago
40 posts

I'm actually in the same boat as you right now.

I've been having more anxiety, and I've been wanting to sleep more and just stay in my bedroom. I honestly think it's from the time of this year. When the Winter time decides to come, I get in this slump of depression and my body decides that I don't want to do certain things. I'm unmotivated, stressed, and in this constant tired state. I've been pushing myself to do better, and I ask for help.

I'm not really one that likes to ask for help, but in this situation, I think it's a good idea. I'd suggest trying to get in contact with your guides, and involve yourself in activities that make you happy, and better yet, positive people that care for you.

Know that you're loved, and that things will get better for you soon. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts
UPDATE: Forced myself to go on a date last week, then signed up for a channeling event. Friday was the company's Christmas party, and it was great! Today was the channeling event and I was so glad I went. Was told I have three people siphoning my energy. So THAT makes a lot of sense. Forcing myself to do things is really helping this slump, and I'm most definitely going to work on figuring out who these vampires are and block them for good! Oh, there's also a gym opening up nearby, and I'm going to join to do yoga classes. My health insurance gives 100% rebates for gym memberships, so no reason not to join! Thank you everyone for the support is been tough, but forcing myself to go out and do things had been unexpectedly fantastic!
Leafherder
@leafherder
2 years ago
35 posts
Oh, good, I am glad things are turning around for you!My first thought when I read your post is to rule out physical causes - vitamin D deficiency is really common, especially in winter, and thyroid issues can cause the same blah, also. A blood test can answer if those are questions.For getting things done, when I was running on empty it helped me to dedicate myself to ten minutes of facing my biggest hurdle, whatever made me feel depleted just thinking about it, because it took less energy to face it than it did to think about it. Best wishes to you for getting better energized.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts
Oh good!..the channelling thing sounds interesting...was it on line?...and i've been suspecting I have someone or a few at work who's interfering with me...but have no idea who...outside of work I know of 2...but have no way of blocking them completely...but I continue to try..lol..good for you!..
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts
That is so true! Fretting things takes so much more energy than just doing it! Silly how our minds work sometimes. I take vitamin d supplements because I'm diabetic, and I get bloodwork done every three months, so I know I'm ok in that department.

Thank you!
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts
It wasn't online, it was advertised through a local metaphysical store. It was amazing! I recommend going to one if you find one in your area.I thought I'd blocked everyone, but apparently not!
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I was in one also then Trevor told me about the Five Tibetan Rites and I have been practicing them every morning. They have help me so much to regain energy. Just thought I would comment.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book