How do you meditate?

To post a reply, login or signup

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Hi Everyone,

Many of us meditate to help process energy, and I would love to hear how/when/why you practice meditation? I know no one else who meditates, and I have no formal training (religious or otherwise); I am interested in trying new things.

Do you guys mind sharing who you talk or pray to (is it religion/spiritual affiliated or just something you do for yourself by yourself), how you meditate (yoga, seated, alone, in a special place, with oils or incenses), and what you do when you meditate (pray, physically move energy around, listen, breathing patterns).

Thanks for sharing!

Me:
I meditate using guided yoga (I particularly like Rodney Yee), which I do in the dark in the evening before bed in my bedroom. I go through the motions, eyes usually closed, and allow the energy in my body to move freely. I can tell when my energy is off because I cannot easily follow the motions (e.g. I fall over :) or shake). Having my eyes closed allows me to focus on listening to my body and manipulating it through conscious thought -it centers me, for say. This is entirely something for myself by myself; I wish I had the feeling of a divinity involved, but I never felt connected with anyone except my deceased grandmother -and never in meditation.

When my energy is very bad, I follow a guided chakra cleansing deep mediation that I found on YouTube. I lie on my back on a yoga mat, eyes closed, and follow the breathing motions while visualizing the energy move around me. Sometimes, if very bad, I get physically upset, like shaking slightly.

updated by @umar: 01/20/17 12:47:58AM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

sounds like you are doing well....

For me meditation is about getting connected to the Divine (or feeling that connection more). I just ask the good divine forces to connect to me. Including divine Earth energies (through the heels), and divine energies on all relevant levels through the chakras, Hara, Kundalini and Soul Star. Being connected seems to help me be in my own divine core, helps me cleanse of negative or stale energies (and whatever is cleansed out, being taken care of/ recycled in a safe manner), understand things etc. Well, I ask the Divine energies for perfect help for perfect healings, cleansings, protections, recharges, and energy system optimizations; and then trust that the energies know what they are doing where, when etc.

Love and Light!

Evolving
@evolving
2 years ago
46 posts

Hi, Umar!

I just started a meditation practice about 2 weeks ago. I was inspired to do so after listening to an Abraham Hicks lecture. Over the years, I'd always hesitated to start a practice, because I have trouble sitting still, and quieting my mind.

What helped me along the way, was joining a Spiritualist church years ago. I participated in a development circle, and learned the importance of grounding myself. Since then, I've listened to many audio recordings of how to ground yourself, center yourself, etc. This is an important step so that one can connect to the Divine, and your spirit guides. It helped to have the encouragement of others in the group, to listen to them talk about what they experienced and how more enlightened they felt afterwards. I continue to use grounding as my initiation to prayer. I've since moved and miss the group very much.

So, here is what I've recently started doing: after waking up in the morning, I immediately write in my journal. Then, I will sit crossed legged on my bed, close my eyes, ground myself and then just try to empty my mind. The journaling ahead of time helps me to de-clutter my thoughts. I've been told that "prayer is talking, and meditation is listening." And so, I just listen. And breathe. And take in the sounds around me. What I've noticed thus far, is that random thoughts appear - that usually bring a smile to my face - and then, I let it go and breathe again. This usually lasts 15-20 minutes. Then, I'll get up to start my day.

Today was the first day, where I think I received a one word message while meditating. It's very nice to know that someone on the other side took the time to whisper in my ear! I look forward to my sessions, knowing that I begin each day with peacefulness, calmness and centeredness.

Namaste', my friends!

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Thank you for the lovey thorough description, Evolving! That is exactly what I am interested in: how people actually meditate :) I'm wondering if I could "meditate better" for say. I will have to look into some of those grounding type guides you mention to reconsider my foundation skills. If you recommend any in particular, please let me know.

I have never heard of a spiritual church?! Oh I am so excited that this is a thing?! I am very frustrated sometimes by not having a "church" to find faith in, get help / advice from, and form a family through, but I am just not [insert organized religion name]. I have considered joining a Pagan Coven (church), but I still am not sure that feels right either. I will have to look for a Spiritual Church!

Thank you, kindly, for sharing :)

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Thank you, Goodenergyhealing :)

It is very interesting (not a good word... like, exciting) to me that many people use meditation to connect with a deity of some form, as I have never considered attempting this. I really appreciate your thorough explanations! I have just started incorporating an understanding of chakras into my meditations buthave never heard of the Earth energies you mention nor these divine energies; I will have to look into them further. Thank you very much for sharing! I only wish I knew more about it so we could discuss further <3

Evolving
@evolving
2 years ago
46 posts

Umar,

Glad to know that I could share something that has meaning for you!

I had never heard of a Spiritualist church, either. I stumbled upon it, after I became interested in learning more about psychics. The cause of wanting to learn more about psychics came, after I met a "white witch" at work. (I worked in a hospital at the time.) This woman was kind enough to divulge her "secret" with me, and share some insights that she had observed about me and my coworkers.

She said that I was a "healer". That is such an old and generic term, it really did not make sense to me. But, it made me curious, and so I had to learn more about what this meant. She told me that I was working with a lot of "energy vampires" and that this was draining me. She suggested that I find ways to ground myself. This process was like me learning a foreign language. It has taken me years to get here, with much reading and study. But, without knowing it, she set me upon a path that has brought me more peace and understanding and enlightenment than I ever knew possible.

If you are interested in learning about the Spiritualist church, I suggest that you begin here:

https://www.nsac.org/definitions.php

The churches are scattered, and many people who belong to them drive some distance to attend the services. It is lovely to feel a sense of belonging and acceptance in a community. While I met some beautiful souls at the church, I also met some ego-driven people at church, too. I learned to steer clear of them, and instead focused on enjoying all of the camaraderie we shared.

Best wishes on your search, Umar!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book