Picking Up Others Depression

To post a reply, login or signup

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Hi

My best friend has depression, and she is working on it, but I still get it from her. Tonight was really bad and I think most of it actually stuck to me instead of staying with her, so now I have almost all of her depression she was feeling. I am also in the process of trying to heal myself, and to make myself better. I just don't know what to do and meditating won't take this away.

Much love

Kaitlyn

updated by @kaitlyn-brokaw: 01/20/17 12:47:52AM
2 years ago
159 posts

I cant say I know any perfected method but, you could try visualizing cutting a cord between you both (Its the only thing that works best for me at the moment as I am finding meditation extremely difficult)

The cord merely the emotional link, not cutting yourself off from her completely (maybe visualize the cord as her depression). I am sure someone else will come by with better advice though, good luck :)

Roxanne
@roxanne
2 years ago
1,562 posts

This is just a suggestion based on my own experience with empathing somebody else's depression, but pray for her. Send healing to her since she is your mirror it will come back to you. But it has been my experience that it takes time.
Or separate a little bit from her (on good terms) and surround yourself with joyful images, movies, maybe get your self one of those new funky little coloring books for adults. Just have fun and give peace a chance. ;-)

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

depends on how you meditate... Definitely ask divine Earth energies to connect to you and help you cleanse. As well as other good Divine energies, which want to help. Ask them for perfect healings, cleansings, protections, recharges and energy systems optimizations, as much as necessary, possible, available and sensible....

Love and Light

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

I think I will try this, actually. Thank you! :D

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

My angels have actually told me last night that I need a break from her. We need a nice sepatation time for us both. Thank you so very much. (I actually have three of those coloring books, haha. I often color in children's ones if I can't find mine. It has been my source of stress relief since I was 3 haha.)

I have been asking for help for her. I really think it would be a good time for a break.

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Thank you. I will try this.

Much love

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts
Have you seen the Harry Potter movies? You know when Dumbledore uses his wand to pull a memory out of his mind; it comes out like a little wispy of light and energy, and he lets into fall into a pool so Harry and him can observe it? I imagine doing that. I recognize the energy signature not being my own, I grab onto it, and I slowly pull it up and out of my mind. It is similar to visualizing cutting a cord, but it helps me imagine not such a harsh response. It's like pulling out a thread of a sweater and letting it fall to the floor without ruining the whole sweater bc all the other threads shift to fill in the open space. This leaves me feeling still "whole" and connected to the person without that one icky piece.I hope this helps you find comfort. The first step is realizing it is not your depression, so you're already halfway there :)
2 years ago
159 posts

Umar, This is not my post of course but, I am going to try your method for myself when needed - I find visualization works for me best and I had not thought of this despite having done a similar visualization technique to remove anxiety a few months ago.

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

I'm happy to hear that, karma! I realized I was doing it yesterday evening and laughed a little to myself: guess I do this a lot more than I thought :) I would be interested in how you did something similar for anxiety. I'm realizing I'm very visual.

This is the piece from the movie for those who aren't familiar:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dumbledore+memory+pool&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=799&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0wOOwxMrJAhXDVT4KHXe4DZoQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=l6d7EJ2SC4J7pM%3A

ed73f770-1991-11e4-9d82-ade8b1acc714_hp4

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book