Connection to people

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
Has anyone had such a strong connection to someone that it drives you nuts? I feel I have that with someone, and everytime I try to let it go or forget about it something about that person pops up? Like a dream, hearing their name everywhere, seeing their name in the most unusual places?
updated by @tigerlily: 01/20/17 12:47:21AM
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Yeah, I can relate to that... I can usually figure out the reason though :) Is it because you love them?

TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
You think I love this person? Are these signs?
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I can relate as well. Even to the point I wanted to ask if a living person can be a spiritual guide. Even though I don't ever see them they suddenly appear in m meditation.
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Based on my experiences, I think they might be signs of that.. I'm of course not an expert on this stuff, but I find that this happens when I love someone - even just subconsciously. As empaths we process a ton of information and feelings constantly in our subconsciousnesses (if that's a word :) and so in a lot of ways we let our subconscious minds control us, since lots of our empathic abilities work this way.

It's a pretty unusual way of seeing the world, from what I understand, but it's one of those things that separates us from someone who isn't an empath - they don't have quite as much going on subconsciously as we do.

Anyway, maybe you love this person subconsciously?

Daydra
@daydra
2 years ago
172 posts

I can say that I understand Tigerlily. My ex boyfriend. It seems like he is always in my dreams and I seem to see his name in random places lol

Aquarian Amethyst
@aquarian-amethyst
2 years ago
5 posts

I can relate as well TigerLily.

Maybe it is love for you as Kit Kat mentioned. I have another thought for you to consider, even though obviously I don't know your full story on the connection you feel.

Someone once told me that as an empath, I have to be careful not to think that someone else's feelings (that I've picked up on) are actually my feelings. As in, projected feelings from someone else. I once had a "friend" who I thought I was close to, only to realize that he was a narcissistic alcoholic. He projected a lot onto me, which made me think at the time that we had a connection. I no longer have him in my life thank goodness, however it taught me a good lesson. As an empath, I stay away from narcissistic types as it is so overwhelming. I'm not implying that this is the case with the connection you feel, rather I'm just wondering if these positive feelings are projections from the other person?

There is also a possibility that a strong connection could be a twin flame or soulmate. If what you feel is stronger than the normal vibrations you pick up from other people.

I hope my thoughts have helped a bit.

Peace to you.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
Yes, maybe I do love this person? But do you think it's there feelings for me I'm feeling this way? I haven't really spoken to them much the past few weeks, and communication with this person is very blunt I guess. So I thought to just let it fade. But it's hard when I dream about them or see all these things about them and I'm not looking for them. It's like the universe is telling me don't forget. I've never had this before. All my friends think it's very strange aND definatly believe something is there and that this person didn't expect to meet me. My psychic friend thinks he's gifted like us, and is just afraid.
Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

omg yes! It has been driving me insane recently. I swear it is like he is "energy drunk" and keeps accidentally poking me with his energy. Was just discussing how frustrating this is with a friend. I've mediated, looked at photos, thought about him, and I really don't think it is me. On my end, there is no cord: but something happens, and it is like I "wake up" to find he is there (literally, like near me). I wouldn't have noticed him otherwise, and he usually smiles and looks at me, and I cannot shake his energy signature off after that. And I have dreams with stories with him in them -not romantic or anything, just taking up all my "dream minutes." Makes me wonder if the other person is trying to grab onto my energy. Very rude lol but I don't think he realizes it.

It is possible I care for him subconsciously, but I don't think so, haha. He's cute and I asked him out before bc we have similar interests, but we cannot be friends for his religious reasons; we are very respectful toward one another, but nothing developed after that and I moved on. I'm wondering if he didn't -like if he is in some great mental struggle about what to do about it or frustrated about our lack of any relationship, or if he feels sorry for me, I just donno but maybe it is *his* feelings. I came on here to consider past lives: it is like I care about him like a brother I survived a war with -not a romantic thing, but ... but a thing, and not him, but like his energy. I so get what you mean, TigerLily.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book