Feeling distant

To post a reply, login or signup

charlotteLev
@charlottelev
2 years ago
4 posts

Ive been overwhelmed with so many surrounding energies that i feel myself basically shutting down. lately ive been emotionally separating myself and shutting out the surrounding energies i can take on; trying to not let surrounding energies run through me on an emotional level. This has caused me so much stress that I'm beginning to feel pains in my back, i can't sleep at night, and i have social anxiety unlike I've ever experienced. I also have a headache that comes in waves. I don't feel right. It's exhausting being an empath and i guess i decided i needed a break, but its only hurting and not helping. I know this might not make a whole lot of sense but if it does to someone, could you share any tips with me on how to healthily channel energy? I'm feeling a major buildup/ overload and I'm starting to crash :-(

updated by @charlottelev: 01/09/17 05:38:58PM
Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I'm so sorry you are going through this. :(

Marta
@marta
2 years ago
11 posts

I used to have the same problem.. (still do at times). What I found really helpful is remembering that you are not responsible for feeling anyone's pain. Everyone is responsible for their own emotions and taking it on doesn't serve you nor that person. I find being aware of what you are experiencing at the very moment very helpful. You can ask yourself a question whether the stuff you are feeling is yours or someone else's, and if you aren't sure you can simply ask yourself "What reason do I have to feel this way?". Sometimes being simply aware that the emotions and energies you are experiencing aren't yours is all it takes for you to be able to simply tune them out (they just leave) and not take over you and overwhelm you. I feel that protecting yourself and trying to block everything out only exhausts us even more. I highly recommend the book"Self-Care for the Self-Aware: A Guide for Highly Sensitive People, Empaths, Intuitives, and Healers" by Dave Markowitz. I found very helpful guidelines on how to handle my empathic abilities there. I totally understand what you are going through, what you are describing is something I was experiencing for a long time. Don't lose hope there are ways to cope with this and remember you are not in this alone! I hope this helps. I wish you the best.

charlotteLev
@charlottelev
2 years ago
4 posts
Thank you all so much for your kind words and for such amazing advice. Even just reading these responses lifted me a bit :-)
Talia
@talia
2 years ago
3 posts
Wow.. I thought I was the only one. But you described it perfectly. I wish you the best and I hope both of us find something that works quickly. I know what you're going through I'm there with you. Good luck. And I guess the only thing I know for sure that helps is to remember that it's not gone, you just forgot how to open your eyes and see it. I don't know why that helps but it helps me :-)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book