My head hurts

To post a reply, login or signup

Mamooth888
@mamooth888
2 years ago
41 posts

So one person that is close to me is quite depressed. When they are around me I not only feel their feelings but also my head hurts! It's like inside my brain at the top of the skull. It's kind of sharp spikes of pain. I hope it won't actually damage my brain.

Anyone had similar experiences?

updated by @mamooth888: 01/22/17 07:14:19AM
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Hello,

Yes, this is basically your brain transmuting the pain into physical symptoms. Along with when some people are depressed, they do get really bad headaches. Possibly this is happening to that person and you are picking up on it?

My mother gets depressed every winter, and I am around her constantly. So yes, I have experienced this. And in other ways too, whenever someone is sad, my head hurts, whenever someone is angry, my neck hurts. Just the way it works sometimes.

Try finding an onyx pendant, this will help keep it away from you, and possibly carry a clear quartz as well.

Mamooth888
@mamooth888
2 years ago
41 posts

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thanks for reply.

So, when you carry this onyx pendant your head doesn't hurt? By the way, do you think this could hurt us phisically somehow?

Lulip
@lulip
2 years ago
36 posts

I've noticed that I get sharp spikes of pain too - in fact I was going to post about it. For me, it usually happens when I am consciously using my ability.

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

I sometimes have pain.. but not always headaches - just some kind of pain. I've heard it called "sympathy pain" but I don't think it is very harmful. Maybe over time it could cause problems? Sorry I can't help more with that. I guess the main thing I would suggest is actually acceptance, as odd as it sounds:

When you really accept that this person going through their depression for a reason, and in so doing separate yourself from their suffering, it can actually lift the physical burden of their suffering that you're body has been carrying.

Acceptance has been helping me with a lot of my health problems, since I've become very afraid of my symptoms, and so when I start to feel them, I begin to panic unless I tell myself "This is okay, to be feeling this right now. And for now I need to believe that everything will be alright" :)

ellicent
@ellicent
2 years ago
38 posts

I pick up on one of my good friend's depression too - it's really annoying, but it's allowed me to save his life twice now, so I guess some sacrifices are necessary :)

I've never had more than low-level aches and pains from depression, but headaches are a known side effect. You're probably just picking up on that! Try to help your friend, but also take care of yourself. If you need to take a break from being around them, do it. Take care of yourself!

Mamooth888
@mamooth888
2 years ago
41 posts

Thanks for tip. :) I hope you are right and it's not harmful.

Mamooth888
@mamooth888
2 years ago
41 posts

Thanks. It's actually my dad. I try to take care of myself often even though sometimes I feel like I was mean for doing so. It's a bit confusing I guess. Other times though I just try to make people feel better. Luckily my dad is feeling better now so the pain is much weaker or often completely gone!

Mamooth888
@mamooth888
2 years ago
41 posts

Interesting. Can you turn it on and off?

Lulip
@lulip
2 years ago
36 posts

No - for me it's just as involuntary as picking up peoples emotions. It usually doesn't last very long though.

Mamooth888
@mamooth888
2 years ago
41 posts

Oh, so it's just like me. I thought you can turn it off because you said "when I am consciously using my ability". That would be very useful indeed!

Lulip
@lulip
2 years ago
36 posts

Well, I can stop using my ability. But blocking out the pain doesn't really work, because I think it's a side affect of over-using my ability. Kind of like tearing a muscle when you're trying too hard.

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

It helps for the intention of keeping you safe. And no this isn't physically damaging us, just something we pick up very easily. I have been dealing with picking up others pain since I was very young, probably when I was born, and I have never been physically harmed by this. But do try to at least help the person who is hurting if it is a close one. x

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book