Lulip
Lulip
@lulip
3 years ago
36 posts

They could just be scared. Most people will get kind of freaked out if they encounter someone who knows how they're feeling, and can tell if they're lying. On quite a few occasions I have asked a friend, "Hey, you okay?" and their face lights up with surprise and then confusion as to how I would know such a thing. One of my teachers even seems to shy away from me out of nervousness, which is really strange considering it's a full grown adult intimidated by a 14 year-old'spresence. There isn't much you can do, other than projecting positive energy around you and being nice.

But, all people are different. If you're finding it hard to help someone, try first getting to know them really well and have them comfortable around you. They should have an easier time opening up and not getting freaked out.

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 years ago
767 posts
Yes! Been there, done that. In the end I have noticed that it just pushes them away from you even though you have good intension. Yes, it does drain you also. We have to remember as empaths that it is not our job to save the world of the people that do not seek out our help. This is hard because I am personally drawn to people in need, but I do encounter much resistance, that I then take on as my own....not fun. I feel that must people are not ready to confront their own demons, and they don't like to be reminded of them. The head in the sand thing. They will seek help when they are ready to deal. Sad thing is they may never be ready.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book