Crystals

To post a reply, login or signup

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

Hello everyone, first of all, I hope everyone had a blessed and safe Halloween. If you'd like please tell me how your Halloween went within your response, I'd love to know!

Now for my discussion/question:

What is your experience with crystals an an Empath? Have they worked for you or have they not? If they have worked for you, what have you noticed when wearing them? What kind of crystals do you recommend as an Empath.

Thank you (:

updated by @hannahzen: 01/09/17 04:06:57PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

Not strictly a crystal but this is my favorite personal story in this vein from earlier this year:

I was participating in a weekend retreataweekbefore my 87 year old mother died. For one exercisethe facilitator sent us offon a huntto find meaningful rocks.

I felt directed away from the group down the driveway and onto the road. I looked down at the road building chippings by the side of the road and saw one that looked like it would make a goodpendulum orpendant. Really, ordinary roadside rocks? Youve got to be kidding me.

I picked it up along with two of its colleagues and headed back up to the house. I felt jealous as the rest of the group shared their stories about how they found their perfect rocks and crystals. Come on! I picked up ordinary road building chippings. I cant have done this exercise right.

I chose not to share with the group the process I went through to find myownrock.

By the third day after the retreat, the rock was callingtome to be worn round my neck. OK then! So what is this rock? I went out to the internet to find out what rocks are used in road building. Not limestone, not granite. Basalt!Next, what are the qualities of basalt? I found an interesting page on the web but, honestly, although the qualities sounded useful I really didnt connect with them. Not until I had worn the basalt rock around my neck every day for a week. Not until the day after my mother had rejoined our ancestors when I went back and reread the qualities of basalt. Not until I was in the middle of adjusting to the grieving process did I understand the words. I quote, This strong rock lends its strength and endurance to people as they try to continue in difficult times or deal with traumatic changes.

I wore that rock round my neckevery dayforovertwo weeks until the pendant broke. We were gathered at my mothers house with family and friends for a small celebration of her life. The pendant brokefive minutes before I started my eulogy for my mother. The rock landed on the floor. It had done its work.

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

That's an amazing story Trevor! I loved reading every bit of that!

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
Very neat story Trevor! Thanks for sharing. Funny how little synchronicities happen like that in life. I am glad you were sent that extra little strength when you needed it most ;) I have found myself draw to different rocks/crystals maybe for reasons that I have not discovered yet.H.Z., I have found that different ones have different affects. My favorite for channeling Healing Light Energy is clear Quartz crystal, however, if I wear it for long periods of time I find it hard to sleep. Another favorite is Amithyst (sp?). But as in Trevor's experience, you will be drawn to the right ones.
HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

Thank you (:

LightWarrior
@lightwarrior
2 years ago
3 posts

Hi, I like Kunzite, it has many benefits for empaths and it's pretty pinkish purple in color. You can make a necklace by wrapping jewelry wire around the crystal and adding it to a necklace or carry it in your pants pocket. It helps with emotions and protection ;)

ellicent
@ellicent
2 years ago
38 posts

First of all, halloween was fine! The friday before was a little rough though. The boyfriend got super drunk (so drunk he got sick) and I get really bad sympathetic pains (both physical and emotional). eugh. Anyone else get these too? I only seem to get them when I'm directly around the person (as opposed to the emotional connection I seem to have even when across the country from people.

oh well, on to the point of the post.

I'm interested in any actual evidence that crystals are effective at all. Maybe it's just that I have a bad taste in my mouth from seeing so many people use crystals (ineffectively of course) as an alternative to actual, scientifically proven medicines (there's a lot of the anti-vaxxer type around where I live) that's giving me a prejudice, but I see no scientific reason besides good ol placebo effect that crystals would do anything.

Perhaps it is this placebo effect that is key. After all, if empaths sense and respond to the emotions of others, perhaps the placebo effect can be explained by "tricking" ourselves in to an empathic response. Of course, this would mean that the type of rock doesn't matter at all as long as you believe that it does what it's supposed to. That's all just conjecture though.

I'm interested to see what other people on this thread think. While anecdotal evidence is far from anything resembling proof (it doesn't check for placebo, after all) it's a good place to start

If anyone knows of any reputable scientific studies regarding rocks/crystals I'd love to see them.

Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

I don't have any references to list off hand but I have read that they work because they all have a different vibration. That vibration works with our own energy field and helps change it. I was very skeptical at first too. So I decided to buy a few and start a crystal experiment. I have tried with my family and friends and everyone says they work. Now they are passing the words around to others too. Which is funny because I live in an area that is mostly farming and very behind the times. People around here are not very accepting of "new age" ideas.

My husband was having problems with a grouchy coworker bringing him down all the time so I handed him a rutilated quartz to put in his pocket. Well, every day that he remembers the crystal this coworker will chat with him and be more friendly. We use fluorite for pain too. The kids like it for their owwies. That is a crystal that you can feel right away. I had a sore shoulder and held my fluorite on it for about 10 minutes. If I dug my finger in I could still feel a bit of a tender spot but the area felt like the nerves were numbed. Everyone who has tried a crystal that I have suggested has reported back good results, unless they didn't fit with that crystal. I did give my husband a citrine one day and he gave it back because he didn't feel good with it near him. But that was the only one that he didn't like or didn't work for him.

So personally I am a believer now. If you aren't sure you could start your own experiment. Find a crystal shop and pick a few that appeal to you or just go for a walk and see what you find lying around like Trevor did. We have lots and lots of quartz in our backyard, I find pieces all the time when I am gardening. I think we have selenite and rose quartz around here to but I haven't found any yet. It doesn't hurt to try but it just might help. :)

Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

I have read that fluorite is good for empaths in that it helps them not to absorb so much from others. I have a fluorite pendant coming so I will have to try that out when it gets here. Lots of people on EC are partial to black tourmaline as a protective stone. It helps if you narrow down what you want from a crystal in order to know which might be a good one for you. There are just so many with so many benefits.

skullkitty
@skullkitty
2 years ago
5 posts

Yes, crystals and stones have greatly helped me. The one that is the most helpful for me, it's not a crystal, but it's the tiger iron stone and I was told that's the empath stone. I really love it and it helps keep me shielded when I need it. The crystal I use is the amethyst, but I mostly work with a lapis lazuli stone and the tigers iron. Also, I'm in China right now and I use jade a lot to aid me for healing.
I've noticed when wearing them, they keep me balanced, calm and shielded. Depending on what I ask the stone to help me with, it always obliges. Sometimes though it'll make me feel too shielded or too relaxed. So, if I don't want any of that, I'll usually invoke the stone when I need it and than tell the stone when I don't need it's assistance at the moment. I always carry a stone or crystal in my pocket everyday. It helps, especially for me who's still learning how to control my empathic abilities.

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

Awesome story!

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

That's neat!

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I use crystals, too. For me, their subtle energy is just right. One of my daughters graduated from high school this past spring. I was worried about the ceremony. I wanted it to be all about her, but these kinds of things are hell for me as an empath. They are overly emotional and filled with thousands of people--her's was at a huge sports arena. I really have a hard time not picking up on everyone's emotional energies at things like that, and it can tear me up and wring me out and be way, way too much. I wanted to be strong and not let my daughter know it might be hard for me. I wanted her to have fun and enjoy and be proud of what she did without her mom being a basket case. I went to a store where they sell crystals and told the girl that worked there my situation. She handed me a little black crystal that I believe wasBlack Tourmaline. She said it might be of help. I bought it and on graduation day, stuffed it in my bra and went to the event. Maybe that's how you can tell an empath, theyhave a brafullof crystals to getthrough the day. :D Anyway, it went great. My daughter had a fun time and enjoyed it very much, and I could be around all those people and hear all the emotional stuff and be just fine. It was the best graduation I'd been to because I wasn't just trying to make it through all the bombarding energy. I shouldprobably wear that stone more often. :)

Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

:D :D

Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

I used to do that but then when I would get ready for bed I would forget about them and they would all hit the floor, lol. Now I prefer to buy them as a pendant since I don't usually have pockets. Though I am disappointed, my fluorite pendant arrived and I'm pretty sure it is plastic :( it sure feels like it. Hopefully it is just coated in something to keep it in the holder.

Michellem
@michellem
2 years ago
9 posts

HannahZen, I work with crystals and also make crystal essences/elixirs and I have so many books about crystals you'd almost think I was a hoarder ;) stones and crystals that protect our energy field and transmute negative energy are really beneficial to empaths. Amethyst is very protective and energetically forms a bubble around you to protect you from negative energy. It's also associated with St.Germain and the Violet Flame which transmutes negative energy and anything that is not aligned with your highest good. Black tourmaline is known for its ability to fend of negative energy and is a great thing to carry with you to keep you safe. You may also want to consider rose quartz. It's energy is gentle but highly affective in opening the heart chakra, healing emotional wounds, filling you and your space with love and compassion and it helps raise your vibrations which is really important. Especially when you're an empath. The higher a person's vibrational level is the happier they are and they're able to start living a life of love. The more we heal ourselves the more we can help others heal :) hope this helps some

With love and light -Michelle

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book