Empaths: When Faced with Conflict, how do you deal?

To post a reply, login or signup

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

Hello there, I have a quick question and would love to see your answer!

I was wondering how ya'll face and or deal with conflict. Conflict meaning anything from oh, fights to rude comments to awkward situations. If I'm being honest, most times...I DO NOT do well with conflict. I find myself having an extremely hard time with controlling my emotions. Personally, most times, my emotions feel like they are on steroids compared to the other individuals involved involved.

My questions are:

1.How do you deal with conflict, well or badly?

2.For those who deal with conflict poorly, is it because we are feeling the other individuals emotions along with our own?

3. I'm an open book with my emotions. What I feel is out for everyone to see. Is this typical for many empaths or at least, yourself? If so, why?

Thanks you!

updated by @hannahzen: 03/31/17 08:53:34AM
Lulip
@lulip
2 years ago
36 posts

It's challenging facing conflict when you are an empath, especially when you are unexperienced. This is due to the fact that you could be picking up the other persons anger, and having it mix with your own, which doesn't help.

I'd say I deal with conflict fairly well. I don't allow another persons anger to get to me, while at the same time saying calm about the situation.

I would recommend practicing breathing techniques, and if you do find yourself in a situation where you are faced with conflict, I would advise you mentally take a step back and evaluate the situation, before going calmly about resolving it. A trick I like to use is to imagine blue energy swirling around me in a bubble, where all noises sound distant. It gives me a kind of calm-watery feeling.

Let me know if that helps!

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

Lulip,

Thank you SO MUCH for the advice. Were you always good at facing conflict or did it take practice? Sometimes in conflict I feel like I almost "blackout" but I'm going to try these techniques.

Thank you!

Lulip
@lulip
2 years ago
36 posts

My ability to deal with conflict peaked when I went through a very stressful situation at the age of 12 (I almost lost a family member). After that, my ability to stay calm under ANY sort of stressful situation was a lot greater. So yes, I would say that's similar to practicing. It's all about getting your own emotions under control.

As for actual conflict, I try to avoid it. If that isn't possible, then I will stay calm and procede from there. I think your "blackout" feeling is the overwhelming emotions that you are picking up. If it gets to that point, I would recommend leaving the room. Passing out can be dangerous, especially if you hit your head.

I've realized that visualization is a powerful tool when it comes to being an empath. (at least for me) You can come up with your own technique that suits you and your abilities.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts
Lol...I have a problem with laughing when i'm faced with certain kinds of conflict .which servers to make things worse on occasion...but I can't help it...people insulting me or just being mean...they say such stupid things that I get the giggles and try not to laugh in their faces...I do however feel the escalating emotions of the other person which seems to slam against my heart Chakra...which hurts ....but I still laugh...lol...I am on edge hoping not to get hit...but I always try and leave myself an out....always know where the exits are....if I can talk my way out i'll certainly do my best....lol...or just listen till their dun...and leave as fast as I can...i've always found when people are in a high state of anger...yelling...there's no point it trying to talk to them...so I just let em do it...and try not to laugh...lol... I am hurt when it's people I know who feel the need to dump that kind of crap on me...but perfect strangers...I ignore...
Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
I struggle depending who the situation involves. If I know a conflict will happen due to me having to enforce boundaries that are being crossed I have to psych myself up to it. I have to be very clear of what I need to say and it takes such an awful lot of concentration and energy to be able to stay present and detached enough to get what I need to out..and not be sucked in to the other persons reactions.Being around other people having conflict or awkward situations causes me to feel huge embarrassment to the point I feel my face burning and all my senses feel heightened. I find it almost painful to witness.When my husband has come home after conflict with anyone I try to be a rational voice for him but can really feel the anxiousness as if it's my own and sometimes I struggle to know if it is or not..especially if it's do to with his parents as they are a source of angst for us both.I have to do meditation on those days to clear my mind and feel better.
HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

That must have been a very hard time for you. I cannot imagine going through that at such a vulnerable age. I don't blackout like pass out but black out not knowing what I'm doing.

I think visualization is a wonderful idea, I will have to practice and try.

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

Interesting how everyone is different. I most definitely do not laugh! I bet that has gotten you into some trouble before!

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

I relate to you in more ways than one!

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

I always think of a better situation hours later too!

Yes, lucky indeed!

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

Agreed!

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
2 years ago
110 posts

1.I don't deal with conflict....I leave and come back when we are both calmer.

2.I sense emotions of both the person I am arguing with and the part of me arguing ( long story ) and have learned how to push my emotions ( Dark Empath skill )to others and may do it unconscientiously during a fight.

3.Maybe...I don't talk about my skills much anymore...mine are a combination or natural/inherited and forced...from what I am what is considered a hybrid...not skilled in just one area but a little in a lot.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts

Lol...I laugh at myself too....I find anger brings out a lot of silly phrases...and ugly faces...sometimes my own responses make me laugh...or someone in my head sais something to make me laugh at the most inappropriate time....and I can't help it...but I like the laugh...it relieves some of my own tension and I can walk away.with a smile on my face even if the other person is insulted thinking I don't care...if they're insulting me or verbally attacking me for no reason...they deserve to be laughed at...but ya...it does add a bit of heat to an already hothead...lol

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book