Lulip
Lulip
@lulip
3 years ago
36 posts

It's challenging facing conflict when you are an empath, especially when you are unexperienced. This is due to the fact that you could be picking up the other persons anger, and having it mix with your own, which doesn't help.

I'd say I deal with conflict fairly well. I don't allow another persons anger to get to me, while at the same time saying calm about the situation.

I would recommend practicing breathing techniques, and if you do find yourself in a situation where you are faced with conflict, I would advise you mentally take a step back and evaluate the situation, before going calmly about resolving it. A trick I like to use is to imagine blue energy swirling around me in a bubble, where all noises sound distant. It gives me a kind of calm-watery feeling.

Let me know if that helps!

Lulip
Lulip
@lulip
3 years ago
36 posts

My ability to deal with conflict peaked when I went through a very stressful situation at the age of 12 (I almost lost a family member). After that, my ability to stay calm under ANY sort of stressful situation was a lot greater. So yes, I would say that's similar to practicing. It's all about getting your own emotions under control.

As for actual conflict, I try to avoid it. If that isn't possible, then I will stay calm and procede from there. I think your "blackout" feeling is the overwhelming emotions that you are picking up. If it gets to that point, I would recommend leaving the room. Passing out can be dangerous, especially if you hit your head.

I've realized that visualization is a powerful tool when it comes to being an empath. (at least for me) You can come up with your own technique that suits you and your abilities.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 years ago
964 posts
Lol...I have a problem with laughing when i'm faced with certain kinds of conflict .which servers to make things worse on occasion...but I can't help it...people insulting me or just being mean...they say such stupid things that I get the giggles and try not to laugh in their faces...I do however feel the escalating emotions of the other person which seems to slam against my heart Chakra...which hurts ....but I still laugh...lol...I am on edge hoping not to get hit...but I always try and leave myself an out....always know where the exits are....if I can talk my way out i'll certainly do my best....lol...or just listen till their dun...and leave as fast as I can...i've always found when people are in a high state of anger...yelling...there's no point it trying to talk to them...so I just let em do it...and try not to laugh...lol... I am hurt when it's people I know who feel the need to dump that kind of crap on me...but perfect strangers...I ignore...
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 years ago
964 posts

Lol...I laugh at myself too....I find anger brings out a lot of silly phrases...and ugly faces...sometimes my own responses make me laugh...or someone in my head sais something to make me laugh at the most inappropriate time....and I can't help it...but I like the laugh...it relieves some of my own tension and I can walk away.with a smile on my face even if the other person is insulted thinking I don't care...if they're insulting me or verbally attacking me for no reason...they deserve to be laughed at...but ya...it does add a bit of heat to an already hothead...lol

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book