Anybody have a morbid fascination with celebrities? Anybody find them horribly depressing?

To post a reply, login or signup

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I try to put myself on a "celebrity fast" and stay away from articles about "stars". But when I read the articles I feel dirty, ashamed, depressed, like I'm picking something up from their lives. Anybody else have the same feeling?

updated by @visitor: 01/15/17 08:38:52AM
Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
You have to realize most of them are slaves in their own bodies.

These articles you read about the celebrities are people highlighting something about their life, whether it is good or bad. They project either depending on the time of the celebrity. They can make you look worst than trash or holier than light.

What you may be picking up is also some author being forced to write something against their will, or out of spite, or happiness, whichever feeling they express through writing will ring through you, even when it is not picked up by others.

I try not to judge someone based off another's opinion simply because you must give everyone their own fair chance. Just because someone dislikes you, and I am their friend, gives me no reason to dislike you.

Heh got a bit off topic there.. I try not to read about celebrities for those reasons above though.
Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I know what you mean, but I'm getting the feeling that these people are leading miserable, false lives and I'm sensing it even though they're not writing about it.

Nea
@nea
2 years ago
201 posts

Sometimes it's incredibly easy to pick up things from public figures, because we're exposed to them alot. But it's good to remember that what we pick up is definitely not the whole story. They are people like everybody else though, and it can be very hard on people to be in the public eye. I get a 'vulnerable' sense of many celebrities, but part of it is definitely that they put themselves out there and/or is put in situations they cannot really control.

Now, I have a much deeper connection with fictional characters than with actual people alot of the time - but that is another story. ;)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book