Anybody ever sense an approaching death?

To post a reply, login or signup

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I've always been empathic, but this is new. I feel like something is going to change drastically very soon, like a death in the family, maybe. It's like a numb, gloomy feeling. I don't know how to describe it.

Does anybody here know when somebody's going to die, and do you know who it is, and how do you know? What do you feel?

UPDATE Jan 20, 2016: My beloved rescue dog died suddenly yesterday. Long story, but she was burdened by past trauma and physical weakness. Apparently she was a lot older and sicker than I thought she was. That would explain this lingering feeling of doom I've been feeling for months.

updated by @visitor: 10/19/17 09:28:19PM
Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Hi Visitor. Yes, I have had those feelings before. Usually the more traumatic it is going to be for me, the farther in advance I will feel it. The feeling is of impending doom like a dark cloud over everything. Other times, twice, I've had dreams. In one of those dreams I saw who the person was but didn't see the death, only a very bad situation that I didn't put together. In the other dream, I thought it was a death but didn't know for whom until it was too late.

That last dream followed by the death got me really upset. I did some more research about predicting death and what to do if it ever happens again. From what I can gather, we aren't generally intended to stop such events. One person said to envision the people in large bubbles to soften the blow but I'm not sure about that. I think if I could stop the events, I would.

Sometimes I get the dark feeling and nothing happens, so I don't always trust those but do pay attention and try to be careful until they pass. I always check in on friends if I feel any association. A few times that seemed to have paid off. I also think that it is advisable to not dwell on "bad" things that might happen, tho. Just do what you can, if there is anything to be done.

I hope there is nothing major headed your way. In the meantime, be careful and take it easy.

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Thanks, Ecila. I might be feeling the potential danger of something and not certain death. I guess I'll find out!

Ella
@ella
2 years ago
10 posts
Yes,I had experience with such matter, sadly. One week,whole week, my heart was working faster , and barely when calmed down. I had thought I have a issue with something, big one and I was going to visit doctor and just that day I got call my dearest uncle died. He had operation of heart. And it didn't work.Other time it was the same feeling faster heartbeat etc and in both situations I KNEW something bad is going to happen. But at none I didn't know it is going to be death.
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I have felt 'impending doom' once. I do not want to ever feel it again. There was nothing I could do and I was not sure of the person. Exactly one week later a family member died.

I do know when I will not see someone again. By that I mean I will have this knowledge before I leave them they will die. Before understanding what was going on with me (empath/claircognizance). I didn't believe I actually knew, but now I have experienced it several times. It has been true each time. It is something which I accept as part of my gift. I have no control over it. I have no way changing that particular person's journey.

I look at them and simply know. I do not tell them. I always think I might be wrong, but I haven't been so far. I do not want to believe it.

Love and light on your journey.

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Thanks for all your replies. I don't know what this is, but I hope it's just anxiety because I'm unemployed. I've felt this way a lot in my life, and it feels like death coming, but nothing ever happened (that I knew about).

HannahZen
@hannahzen
2 years ago
20 posts

Hello Ecila,

I have been feeling like this lately too, how odd! Recently, I was having anxious thoughts about something bad happening to one of my (close) family members soon. I hate the feeling because it almost feels like I'm waiting around for tragedy. I pray nothing does happen.

47th Wonder
@47th-wonder
2 years ago
15 posts

I sensed a death coming, thought it was mines at first. Just little things would happen to me that related to death than in a few months a family member died. I didn't have a gloomy, numb feeling like you but I was given signs death was imminent. Keep your senses peeled for any signs of death for the next few months.

ellicent
@ellicent
2 years ago
40 posts

Yes, I just wrote a posttelling my whole storyabout the whole experiences.

Long story short, I have had intense panic attacks/anxiety/unexplained compulsions about ten minutes before people have committed suicide.

I also tend to be awake/have bad dreams/know something's wrong before someone passes from natural causes (a family member died earlier this summer and I knew about it before my mum even called me)

Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

After I started feeling that way, two of my sister's pets died in one month. Unfortunately, the feeling's even stronger now. I feel like something terrible is going to happen this year.

Lastars
@lastars
last year
97 posts
I've had this experience, knowing of an oncoming death, a number of times. First time was about 30 yrs ago. I was told in a dream, 5 months in advance, that my mother would pass and the exact date was shown in Roman numerals, don't know why. I also heard 'the sound of death' approaching, my horse alerted me to the oddity, (his eyes bulging, he nudged my arm and looked in the direction, every muscle taunt and ready to explode) which I didn't understand at the time, and then my dog was instantly killed by a car. 3 yrs ago, my father was taken to the hospital, for the 3rd time, and I knew he wouldn't be coming home ever again. I just asked upwards, what day he would pass and was given the exact date.
More in line with what you are saying...also about 3 yrs ago, I knew something was wrong, I didn't know what or who, but I knew it was bad. I told my son that something was up and it wasn't good and that I had a feeling it had to do with my friend, Jan. A couple days later, she phoned and told me her husband had had a massive heart attack and died on the spot.
Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

Yes. It was someone close to me and it was weeks in advance, though the hardest part was 3 weeks before. It does feel like a doom/gloom feeling in some cases. I could not stop crying norcould Iexplainto people why I was so upset. I wanted to be alone. I had "visitors" in my house preparing me for it. This was the one that actually got to me so much that a friend told me I was an empath and led me here.

For individuals that I am not as close to it is not as intense but still the same feelings. The physical pains used to be quite confusing for me. Before I realized what was going on I thought there were serious things wrong with me. Once the person is gone those feelingsgo too. I have to say that I used to get anxiety attacks from it and found the things I learned in Lamaz helped me keep those at bay.

Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

Thank you for all your replies. I think I may be just depressed and unemployed. I don't think I'm clairvoyant, just empathic. I'm picking up a lot of negative energy, I think from people recovering from the holidays and all the fights and disappointment.

Lastars
@lastars
last year
97 posts
Journey Inward,You said:...I wonder if I am being shown this because I am either supposed them or the loved ones left on this plane....Could you clarify please?I am curious what you see, feel when the soul leaves?Thanks :)
Lastars
@lastars
last year
97 posts
Your description sounds like other ones that I have come across.As for why you are being shown, really you need to determine that. I think it could be very comforting for some people. Perhaps it is also to build your confidence and ease your perspective for being around others who will pass, including yourself at some point. I find that sometimes we are given info to 'build credit' with people so in the future they can accept other information from people like us....~*~...
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
733 posts
I can see when someone is approaching death in their eyes....several days beforehand. JI, I have also felt that powerful energy that you described. My Mother was dying, the final night I sat at her bedside the entire night holding her hand. The energy was so intense it made me feel so alive and alert. No sadness...just a very calm, loving feeling. I felt it was such an honor to bear witness to such a sacred thing. I am glad I was there to share the transition with her.
Lastars
@lastars
last year
97 posts
That is a lovely ending. I wish more people had those experiences.
Aurora70
@aurora70
last year
15 posts
Before I was aware I was an empath in a time I now realize was the beginning of my awakening , I dreamt of approaching my mothers death bed and although I did not see her face I knew it was her and her death was imminent. I felt compelled to go to therapy to resolve issues I had with her before her passing. In addition more recently I felt the grief of the impending loss of a loved one before the actual death occurred. I feel not only mine but the impending grief of others close to the person who will pass. Although at first thought this seems alarming and can be heavy on the heart o have learned how to handle it and it now comes with peace and a growing trust in the beauty of life after death here on earth.
Kevin
@kevin
last year
20 posts

I'm glad you posted this question as I've experienced this for quite awhile. It started about 9 years ago. Sometimes I would have a vision of an individual but usually just 'the feeling' associated with an approximate date - usually months and sometimes a year or more into the future. I questioned my sanity or whether I was playing a game with myself but after 6 or 7 occurrences over 4 years I took it seriously. When two relatives were diagnosed with cancer and I had 2 dates I became overwhelmed. I asked Amaya for a reading - which helped me at the time. The two dates I had were in fact regarding my brother in law and a friend who both passed away. The other relative was cured (thank God).

I asked my guides/God/the Universe not to provide the information as I felt it wasn't worth dwelling on. To my surprise soon afterwards I started seeing individuals WHEN they passed away. The first was a work colleague who passed away while riding his bike on a Sunday morning. I 'saw' him (3rd eye) while standing in my kitchen walking towards the sink to get a drink of water. It was quite clear and beautiful - very peaceful. I didn't know who it was at the time until I heard of the bike accident 2 days later. Since then I've seen other individuals as they pass away although not much activity the last few years.

For me I feel it's a natural progression of the human spirit and my growth in particular. I'm really not so concerned as I use to be. I suppose I'm more awake now then I've ever been. My take away is that life is a gift and very short. We need to make the best of it and help spread the love, Passing away is just a transition & you'll see that person (or spirit) again.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
733 posts
Thank you for such kind words Journey Inward :) They mean a lot. There is a lot of truth in what you said about prolonging the dying process. It did take my Mother quite a while to pass. There was a lot of unfinished business along with her fear of dying coupled with some family member animosity/arguing. What was predicted by doctors to be a couple of weeks went over a month. I am just glad that I was able to be there for her through the whole process. She did come to me afterwards in a dream, just to let me know everything was ok. That was nice, it gave me peace to see she was happy.What I see in their eyes is almost as if they have already "left the building" so to speak. There is a certain void there. I haven't had the opportunity to actually see someone leaving. What a wonderful gift you have! Perhaps some day when the universe feels I am ready.Shine on....
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

Well, I got my answer. My dog died today, very suddenly, at age 6. I loved her so much it hurt. I got her from a neighbor who was very neglectful of her. I gave her a good and happy life for 6, 7 months and then suddenly she went downhill and died this morning, right in my bed with her head on my pillow. The vet is going to autopsy her to see what caused it. She might have had something wrong for a very long time.

I talked to a spiritual healer this morning and she said the dog wanted to go, was so traumatized and weak and ill that she need to check out, despite all my devotion to her, but she wants to come back to me in the form of a puppy. Oh, gee I hope so. She deserves a good puppyhood.

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
last year
1,194 posts

It has been very interesting to read all of your replies. To those of you who can sense death, or know when someone will pass, you may not believe this, but I am green with envy!

I have only once brought through someone's dead relative when reading them, and only once met someone and known they had an illness that would kill them. One other time I knew someone was going to commit suicide. Both times when I knew in advance, my spouse told me not to interfere, so I did not tell the first person to go get checked by a doctor for the disease I saw and did not try to counsel the second one, despite psych being my field. I have felt very guilty ever since, and will not do that if I am ever given such knowledge again. He is not an empath and I should not have listened to him over my own gut feeling.

I have to admit I felt jealous reading what you all can do. I can easily see lies and even see a clear picture of the truth in my head when someone lies, but if I could have just one ability I wish it was to see the time of death. I am very anxious and have awful insomnia because I am severely ill and I cannot live alone. After 30 years,. of this disease, local friends have moved on and the very few who still live around here are still working all the time just like we do, since our life savings were all stolen by the bankers in 2008. My real f friends are all online now and do not live where they can help me until I can get into a nursing home. So. I worry a lot that my spouse will pass first, which would be a disaster. If I knew for sure I would die first, I would be about 150% less anxious. If I knew it was soon, I would be thrilled, since I live in a world of constant suffering. I am not afraid of death, but am very afraid of the process, since I know how grueling it can be. I guess I have a feeling I do not want to face that my spouse will go first, or maybe it's just an expectation that it will be that way, due to my having had such a hard life this time around. I do not see clearly when I am so emotionally involved.

I have had a reading by a local psychic who said she will never tell anyone answers to questions like that, since she thinks they don't really want to know.......she had told her own father he would die if he did not see a heart doctor. He would not listen, and died in her arms.

This post may not be relevant to some of you, but for those who regret having this ability, I thought it might help to know that for those of us who hear the time clock ticking ever more loudly, your ability may be very helpful and is indeed a gift of calmness for whatever time we have left.

love to all,

C. Cat

certainmystery
@certainmystery
last year
5 posts
Awesome topic and thanks for all the posts.Spent 7 weeks worrying I had lung cancer. Finally, I panicked, and asked sister to get me to an er. I start sobbing to doctor that I'm dying and need xrays. Don't worry, I'm fine; but a week later, dad calls from 2000 miles away. Had some respiratory problems and got diagnosed with lung cancer.About two years later, I'm freaking out that my tooth was going to give me septic shock. Sob to girlfriend about dying and get tooth pulled. Two days later, dad is getting blood transfusions for severe life threatening infection.So I logically tell myself that sometimes the timing is just like that. I push it into the cellar and move on. Sometimes I get the sobs and sometimes I get the pain. Sometimes, I know where it came from. Often, I don't.Confusion about this and also the many other well timed coincidences in life brought me here. I'd like to share and love to hear. Friends me if you feel we connect.
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

Thank you, Rebeccs. Apparently the emotional trauma was too much for the poor dog to carry anymore.

Lila
@lila
last year
3 posts

I too have had several instances of knowing when a loved one was going to pass away. The first time I had a dream that my grandfather died. Four days later he passed away. The second time was with my mother. She was standing in front of me at my nieces's graduation and all of a sudden I just knew that this would be the last time she would be at a social event. She went into the hospital that week and passed away within the month. The last time was with my grandmother. I saw a psychic who told me that she had a ways to go here, but I just knew she was wrong and that she would be gone within a few months. She passed away within three months.

I guess I've always known that I had intuitive powers yet I was just told less than 2 weeks ago by an intuitive psychic that I was an empath and a light worker. She said I should be doing that kind of work. I'm working at a half way house and I can't work there anymore. I'm now on a journey to figure out how to spread my light.

Lila
@lila
last year
3 posts

I can relate to what you said, "with peace and a growing trust in the beauty of life after death here on earth". I no longer fear death and accept the natural transition.

Lila
@lila
last year
3 posts

I know what you mean by feeling evilness. I was struggling at my job because of a very negative manager. She spews negativity; my anxiety went through the roof. I felt targeted by her and judged so I had to leave because my health was suffering. Little did I know that I was an empath and am now in search of a more healthy work environment.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book