Lavender&rose
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
3 years ago
82 posts

I'm really confused. I thought this was what empaths DID. To me, it's not in the slightest bit unusual. It's why 'the gift' can be for some of us such a curse...

Dice
Dice
@dice
3 years ago
284 posts

Scott,

I think we do many things we are not conscious of. It could be you noticing because of the intensity and your attachment to your father.

I have also come to realize it is probable that this runs in the family. I started to think aboutmy childhood. I believe that, for me, this was passed down.. but eachparenthas/had very different abilities...

Coconut oil has helped many with Alzheimers.Ionly learned about it after.. hope it can benefit youand yours.

Love & Light

Dice

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 years ago
966 posts
Hi...I've noticed with the work that I do...that I'm like a huge sponge....I'm in a good mood one minute....then the people start getting on the bus....lol....my mood is constantly changing with each person that comes in....my system doesn't have a chance to clear for the entire day....and I'm usually exhausted by the time I get off the bus...plus...if the person who drove the bus b4 me happened to be in a bad mood...I can tell instantly....instant mood switch...one woman I picked up...was in a pretty bad mood...I happened to be 4 minutes late...which in the grand scheme of things isn't such a big deal....the 1st words out of her mouth were not pleasant...and the energy that flew from her to me was pretty big and heavy....right in my face it flew....it took almost 6 hours for that to start to recede even with my pocket full of ceder....and I was exhausted...had to call in sick the next day....i'm trying to manage this by selling a couple of days of my work during my 2 longest weeks...so i can have an extra day to recover from the over load....but sometimes it doesn't work that way...lol...i can only assume i inherited these abilities from my biological parents...but my adopted mother does show signs of having empathic abilities and isn't aware of it...anyway...my dad has also been diagnosed with early stage alzheimers...they have him on b12 shots...and doing memory exercises....it runs in his side of the family...so we weren't really surprised....
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 years ago
966 posts

Lol....

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 years ago
966 posts

Another thing I noticed is that they always seem lighter after transfering that energy to me...and I feel heavier....sometimes I don't think it's quite fair...lol...

Lavender&rose
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
3 years ago
82 posts

Ah, I see - feeling what others are feeling and helping accordingly. Yes. I think that may be what many people think the empath thing is all about, and that maybe explains why they call it a gift, as it is a gift for both parties when it is something like that.

If you'd been doing this and not noticing, I'd think you would have become quite unwell by now.

Anyway, my experience is older people can suck up quite a lot of energy, inadvertently, because they need it.

My empath experience is nearly always as a filter or a giant sponge for the physical and emotional distress of others, and then I have to process their stuff out of me (exhausting) or I am simply left as you were (exhausted and drained).

Lavender&rose
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
3 years ago
82 posts

Well, you've only had one fairly mild experience of it! Doubt it's going to ravage your life therefore.

I thought that bit where one knows other's feelings and tried to help them was just being empathetic, myself. That, with a bit of codependency thrown in, in many cases.

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
392 posts

I understand it more as mainly energy (healing) resistances, energy attention seeking, or (negative) energies trying to use us as a channel out (they just want to go home, back into the Light) - feel free to peruse my blog about it.

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/profiles/blogs/my-empath-experiences-and-empath-tools-for-healing

Dementia is a sucker. Been sending regular distant healing to my dad for 6 years, initially 1pw, now 3-4*pw. He is not too bad yet, but it has not stopped the progress of it, or reversed it either.

Love and Light!

Lavender&rose
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

I think this is a thoughtful review of that book:

http://www.greenheartguidance.com/blog/review-of-the-reluctant-empath

Lavender&rose
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

I thought it was an interesting review. I wasn't suggesting you or anyone else should shield, or give up shielding, or anything else. I didn't think the review said that either!

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book