Empaths and sprits

To post a reply, login or signup

tmw95
@tmw95
2 years ago
7 posts

Hi, i'm in a very confusing time in my life right now. A few weeks ago I found out that I may very well be an empath, The problem though is that no matter how much research I do i can't seem to find an answer that satisfies me and it leaves me searching for more. How i came about this is my fianc recently found out that he's a medium. Very advanced for having no previous training, it was almost as if he woke up one morning, opened communication with spirit and he became a master of his skill. Anyway hes the one that brought it to my attention at first, later that evening my deceased step mother made contact with him and was showing him her tarot cards and kept saying "a gift to her so she can sense me" talking about me. My question is, is it possible for Skilled empaths to "transfer" some of their abilities to others? i had the word Empaththrown at me three different times in one week ranging from like i said my fianc, andmy mom to a personality quizandeven a psychic, and it seemed like too much of a coincidence to ignore. The problem though is even though i know deep down that i am, i keep searching for some sort of validation almost as if being anEmpath justisn't enough.I've always had paranormal experiences since I can remember, I've always been the dumping ground for others problems and it feels like now that i'm starting to search more, more things are happening to me and i'm just becoming more emotionally vulnerable. I've always enjoyed helping people but this young man contacted me the other night and told me his life story over facebook, and now knowing all that he's going through i feel like i need to help him and I've never felt that strongly about anything except when it came to my family and close friends. This has me so emotionally involved that i can't even be excited about anything that's going on in my life. I have an interview on Monday for a position that I've spent the past year trying to get and i'm more bummed then anything and i can't figure out why, Not only that but i'm starting to become emotionally detached from everything and everyone else and it's worrying me. I hope that's not too many questions or too hard to follow for anyone. I'm new here and i'm not sure where else to go.

updated by @tmw95: 01/24/17 01:35:12AM
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I don't trust the "Empath" or "psychic" test on line. if you turn around and take a Psychosomatic test, you would probably pass it to but this is not an illness. This is "us". We are not crazy. We have a gift.Google is about useless when it comes to "Empaths". I know, I have search for along time. I have gotten more answers here than I have 6 months on Google.And I can give you the answer that was given to me that stopped my wondering and started my advancement. And it is "if you think your an Empath than you probably are because if you wasn't, you wouldn't be asking these question". An non empath doesn't search for these kind of answers And that was all I needed to hear.
tmw95
@tmw95
2 years ago
7 posts

Thank you for taking time to reply, That makes a lot of sense and has brought immediate relief. I'm glad i accidentally stumbled here and have people who understand that i can turn too.

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Hi, I'm pretty new here too. I've also been googling trying to find info about what I think I am. I know exactly how you feel..(no pun intended lol).Since waking to these possibilities a lot about myself and life make more sense..but even that caused me to question myself like 'is this me trying to find a more comfortable reason for depression/anxiety ect.'However other people's moods definitely affect me, ive always had this weird thing where I take on other peoples accents and sometimes their characteristics (always brushed it off as a weird character floor of my own), I analyse everything including how sticking up for myself might make the offender feel!! I'm trying hard to work on that last one because I internalise an awful lot.What Rene has said to you has helped me too..so thank you Rene.My advice and bearing in mind I'm new to so someone else might have better advice...YouTube some grounding meditations and do them regularly. When talking online helping this person imagine yourself surrounded by white light. This is protecting you while you help the other person.It's in our nature to help it's just we need to take responsibility for protecting ourselves and not becoming drained. X
lighthearted
@lighthearted
2 years ago
4 posts

I agree with Gem on this as well ask for a protective circle of light and love it does help keep you more grounded. I also agree with Rene on wondering about being an empath then you prob are. I guess I just knew I was different than everyone else and I have always wanted to help others so much sometimes it would completely consume my entire being, and this was not at all healthy for me. As I have grown so much spiritually I learned to protect myself by praying and meditating and asking God to help me with this and my whole life has turned around for the better. This site has been a blessing to me as well. Best wishes sending love, light, and prayers for you on your journey!!!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book