It does get better, right? :)

To post a reply, login or signup

Emplamatic
@emplamatic
2 years ago
7 posts

hi there! I'm new, at least in terms of aweness lol, to all of this empath stuff. One of the things I find difficult is that it seems you always have to be on guard so people don't attach/drain/dump their issues on you.

i just had an experience where i was feeling some pain/palpitations for about a week or so on and off. realized it wasn't mine this morning, it was someone else's baggage/current issues. an accidental attachment it appears (i cut the cord, and had help to check this out/make sure it was cleared and figured out what happened). however, this is a passing acquaintance. normally i just pick up emotional stuff, but the root of this person's problem seems to be stemming from emotions, and that is probably how i picked the physical symptoms.

i'm hoping that with practice shielding/grounding etc become second nature, and faster/stronger. please please tell me this is true lol!!!! i know that i need to do this, but sometimes it feels like such a hassle, tho i'm realizing it's not an option. it's just got to be a daily or even multiple times a day routine.

thanks! :)

updated by @emplamatic: 02/05/17 05:38:07PM
Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

Gee, someone respond!

For 99.9% of online empaths on such forums as this, yes, it does get better.

For me, not so much. I pick up physical pain, sometimes intense and sharp, from randoms. I pick up palpitations at a distance from people I am in some degree of contact with, but not what I would call close friends. So, acquaintances. It is always interesting when the timing of the onset of pain and/or palpitations is validated. This has increased for me in recent years. I have had a protection practice for many years, ground and clear daily, etc, and have trialled at length every suggestion I can find with modest degrees of success. Nothing, for me, blocks the physical pickups.

Maybe you will be like the other vast majority who are helped by simple tips, such as in the Empath Survival Program, etc etc etc. It can take a bit of time and practice, for most, to achieve a level of comfort and relief, so I have heard/read repeatedly.

Most online empaths seem to be mostly affected emotionally, only. (Maybe that is why you've had so few responses?) Sorry I can't be more helpful. Keep looking. Avoid drama queens! Good luck.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts

Hi...I get the physical pain as well....and I don't know if it gets better...there are good days and bad days....lol...I have naturally bad knees...but I''ve discovered that when I cleared my knees the pain lessened...was weird...clearing stuff is a huge pain in the butt...like you I gotta do it every day...most days I would LOVE for that part to go away...lol...it's interesting what I find though....I've kinda let go of being on guard...I think...there's nothing i can do to stop the connections...they're natural....when I feel them connect....I find I sigh and roll my eyes now...lol....protections don't work for me...I always feel confined...I light sage and ceder at night b4 bed to get stuff out and feel better after a long day of swimming in other peoples' energy....once you find the methods that work best for you it does get better...

Emplamatic
@emplamatic
2 years ago
7 posts

Hi Lavender&rose, thanks for replying! Picking up from randoms, its hard to tell right away what is going on... so far i can only tell that I've done so when doing grounding/clearing. Can you tell earlier? Agree with avoiding the drama queens, lol! I'm done with those types, it's not good and so stressful lol. :)

Hi Karen, glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that clearing things is a huge pain in the butt!!! Haha! I have allergies so don't smudge often. I used Palo Santo now once in a while if I know I really need to do a good big clearing. The recent connection I mentioned above, I realize it wasn't on purpose. Once I detached her however, she came back and tried to reach into my light again. So had to be firm and NO. Lol.

thanks guys :)

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

Yeah, with time and practice, and paying attention, things finetune. I can now tell instantly or very shortly (minutes) after the pickup occurs. For a long time I was unsure of myself and thought everything was mine, because ostensibly it could/might have been. That is where meditation and journalling come in, so you are clearer in your self about what is yours and what is not yours, etc. I've found those two things helpful.

I think the main thing is to recognize what's not yours and get that stuff out of you! It's a pain, and sometimes I feel I haven't the energy to do yet another clearing when overloaded with yet another pickup. Other people's stuff is exhausting! Seriously, though, it is better to learn to move it along and out, as it is not good for the nervous or immune system to be processing all that foreign energy as if it's your own.

I like baths, so do a lot of clearing baths with epsom salts, bicarb, and seasalt; and sleep often helps remove the physical pickups of pain and symptoms, etc, overnight (but sometimes I also wake up in the night with weird ones, argh!) It's a learning journey. Keeping a journal of sorts can help you sort some of it out, I think.

Lavender&rose
@lavenderrose
2 years ago
82 posts

Hey! I have bad knees too. Will take your tip and focus on clearing them, also. Poor knees!

Emplamatic
@emplamatic
2 years ago
7 posts

hi lavender&rose, i've started journaling this summer. thanks!

hi neverquitter, i do like crystals. i once tried to line them under the bed and think i actually wound up feeling worse. did that ever happen to you? i know a couple of the stones are ok, but a bit hesitant to try working with the others again. thanks!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book