Confused Newby

To post a reply, login or signup

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Hi, ive just joined thank you for accepting me into your community.I've always been told I'm very sensitive and emotionally driven. I've always pondered big life questions from quite an early age really.I seem to feel things more deeply and I don't always understand my emotions. My mum used to gently say I have a tendency to try to fix people and collect 'lame duck's'.I've always felt more connection to the spiritual way of thinking than religious or anything but never really dwelt on that till recently after experiencing trauma within my marriage and how it's shocked me into reevaluating things and seeking out holistic help to heal.I've always had a really strong sense of social justice and have frequently cried and made myself ill worrying about the state of humanity. I cry at adverts, poems in cards, film/TV and recently a lady working in my local shop was being chastised by her boss and I felt like it was happening to me? I felt intense embarrassment, sad, tears started to well up and I wanted to hug her. I was teary the whole walk home. It made me remember how I've always found it almost painful to see people in similar situations. I wondered am I feeling how I perceive I would feel or am I picking up on how the other person feels?Is this happening (becoming more aware of it) because I recently had my first ever reiki session? And I started meditation for the first time in my life two months ago?I had my most profound spiritual experience age 7 the night before my nan's funeral which I was upset about and not allowed to attend. I saw her in my sleep but it wasn't like a dream. Her arms outstretched and smiling wearing a lilac dress..no words just overwhelming love and peace. I told dad on waking and years later when I'd grown up he told me she was laid to rest in a lilac dress. I've sensed her on occasion throughout my life and she is always around in my meditations along with other loved ones spirit side.Ive started to wonder am I an empath? A burnt out one because I didn't know what it was? I've been emotionally burnt out from other people's dramas this last 2yrs but it's not the first time I've suffered burn out from being in oppressive atmospheres.I feel like I've been set on a path but I don't know how to proceed?Any comments or suggestions would be very warmly received x
updated by @gem: 01/13/17 08:49:29PM
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Hello!

You sound like a very strong Empath :) I cry at pretty much anything to be honest; disney movies at parts where is doesn't even make sense, tv ads, seeing people that are sad. I am sorry to hear about your marriage, but I am glad to hear that you are getting help! You are not only just imagining yourself in their shoes, but you can feel how they feel that same second, along with how you'd feel if you were in that position yourself. I have also always questioned big life questions from a small age, but it always seemed so necessary to question it, you know?

Now, I would not necessarily say that you are becoming more aware of it because of the Reiki, though it could play a part, along with the meditation. I feel like those things are helping you to become aware of who you actually are inside. And it's like you have been repressing it sort of, and now it is all coming to the surface.

I have had many of my pets die, and I will see them in my house at times, just rubbing up against things like they normally would. And I think they come back to remind me that they're there and that they miss me. So perhaps your grandmother was missing you and decided to make a visit. I feel like maybe she wanted to reassure you that she wasn't actually gone, and wanted to give you a 'see you later' hug.

How to proceed? I recommend you talk to Trevor Lewis here about an emotional clearing. See how that goes for you. After that, embrace yourself and who you are. We all have such little time here and it'd be a waste to have to constantly push your true self away. Also, you will often find that people with issues will come to you for help. Now, they may seem like they want to be friends, and perhaps some of them do, but many people are drawn to us like a magnet. Their soul likes our souls and they know that you are a safe spot and they can get the help that they need. I say that to an extent you should give them help. Never drain yourself out because you are trying to help them. Especially if it is just all about drama and more drama, those people are just so caught up that they want you to get caught in it as well. So, just be wary is what I am trying to say.

If you would like, I can send you some info in your inbox for protecting yourself while in public. That way you don't get home feeling confused, anxious and basically like crap because everyone else's negativity has clung to you whilst out. I really hope all of this helped :) I can send more info if you'd like!

Lots Of Love,

Kaitlyn xxx

Gem
@gem
2 years ago
220 posts
Hi Kaitlyn, thanks for your message. Yes I've always felt my nan came to comfort me the night before her funeral and the other times where I've sensed her I feel she was letting me know she's still there for me. My dad said she was a spiritual person and apparently read tea leaves. Lilac was her favourite colour which is why she was laid to rest in a lilac dress.I lost one of my cats last year, she couldn't be saved after a dog attack and I held her paw and nuzzled her head as she was put to sleep.. I was devastated and often still saw her in her usual spots. She came to me out of the blue in a meditation a few weeks ago.. Oh it was heavily to feel her there, so comforting and I came to weeping.I'd be most grateful for any advice and help you are able to inbox me, that's very kind of you. Thank you.Love Gem

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book