Empaths with a connection to Death

To post a reply, login or signup

47th Wonder
@47th-wonder
2 years ago
15 posts

Do any of my fellow empaths feel some sort of connection to death? Last summer, I had many preminitions that death was on its way. I thought it was me for a little while and really scared myself. However, later that summer, my cousin died in a tragic motorcycle accident. I stayed in Virginia for a few years, in an area with A LOT of graveyards since many civil war battles were fought there and Virginia is one of the first places settlers landed. I feel that staying in VA gave me this connection but who knows. I just want to know if any of you all have similar experiences related to death or could offer deeper information on this topic. Thank you! Have a blessed day!

updated by @47th-wonder: 04/21/17 07:27:57AM
Rose3
@soralei
2 years ago
49 posts

I didn't see anything but it was this intense feeling you don't forget.Like death was there hovering then there was a gunshot.My next door neighbor had been shot.He was fine.Then the next day it happened again.I never saw that neighbor after that.

Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts

Absolutely. I can feel, hear and smell death at any given time. This is the first year of the last 5 that I have not sensed mass shootings, and somenatural disasters. I have not lost anyone extremely close to me, but Sometimes I can feel someone passing away if they are close to a person that is a part of my life. People I've never met come to me in dreams after they pass. For the most part it feels like they just come to me because I can see and hear them not for anything particular or special about me, you know.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts

Hi...I speak to and hear spirit...so yes I guess I have a connection to dead people....lol....I live by a funeral chapel so I've had people wander in to talk to me....I've had to tell them...well..they were dead....not a pleasnt thing to tell people...death used to scare me...that's changed a lot...I now know that life goes on...and when I die...I'll be in a great place....and with people who love me...I still have a bit of fear....at the thought of not breathing any more...but I guess I'll have to adapt...lol...the people I speak to are still alive in my books....just changed form....they can still communicate and think...and are present in energy form....they feel love, happy, fear, anger, frustration in death as they did in life...they still carry with them their own sense of humour...someone will say something and it's funny....or they will laugh at something I'll say.... spirits attend funerals....they attend family gatherings....they like to watch tv....listen to music...go for a drive...they take me shopping...lol...we have this perception that when we die we go far away....I don't think we do...they're ALWAYS with us...

Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts

This made me smile, I have found the passed to say some of the funniest things. I have yet to encounter anyone that is angry. I hope never to have that happen. I have experienced sadness, not at being on the other side(i dont like to refer to them as dead), but about the idea that someone else is grieving them.

They actually tend to be quite cynical about not being alive anymore. For people that know they are "gone", I have noticed a pattern of still having their personality and communicating within a year of leaving. I don't know the significance of doing so within a year... I have theories, that's about it. Great share Karen!

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Yes, strange to admit but I tend to be drawn to death. As a child my Mom would often call me morbid because I liked to hang out in cemeteries. I view death differently than most. I am definitely not afraid of it. Never have been. I can see death in the eyes of people that are dying. Again, I am drawn to them, as if I am there to comfort them. I did this with my Mom. It was one of the most spiritual things that I have ever done. She was very afraid of death so it took her quite a while to pass. Several days. I sat and held her hand the entire process of the last day. Of course there were other family members present but the length of time it took, some left or fell asleep. The nurses said she would be gone by 11 pm, but she held on until 7:36 am. During that time I had an intense light energy flowing through me, energizing me. She was a very private person, she didn't want to go with others watching. She waited until everyone was asleep (I was still with her, awake) then she decided to go. I am so glad that I was able to comfort her in her passing. I felt it was an honor. She has visited me since, she let me know she was ok :)I have found that the ones that aren't afraid go much quicker. But still need that comforting and to know its ok to let go.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts

What I understand is that the spirit of recently deceased stay around for that year...there's a lot of superstitions around that...like puting away photos of the deceased for a year....covering mirrors so the spirit won't get trapped and stay....etc...my thought is that....I hear them...I speak with them...and no matter how long a deceased person has been dead I can speak to them...sense their presence...if they want to talk to me then they will...if they don't they won't. ..lol...for me the only thing that's changed is that they no longer have a physical body...and are invisible to most people....even to my own eyes...energy doesn't die....and telling the energy/spirit they're dead is really rather odd....since I'm able to hear and sense their presence..lol...how could they be dead? ....one example is a woman I knew passed away...I didn't know her very well....she's a close friend to my friend...In my head I said I'm so sorry....she said..why? It happens all the time....and she told me to tell my friend she'd be stopping by to see him....which I did....my friend told me later she'd visited him and they had the drink they'd been puting off....lol...these experiences help ease my mind about what to expect...the knowing helps me deal with the death of others....it may come across as being cold and non feeling....I feel bad for the people grieving....yet not since I know the spirit of the deceased is right there....it's a strange position to be in...lol

Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts

I had no idea about superstitions involving a years time. However someone did suggest that I may help them transition between the two worlds so perhaps thats' why they only talk to me for so long. I even had one guy that didn't want to let go of my hand and someone had to pull me away from him, he was very longing and sweet. Maybe that is my purpose for being able to hear/communicate with them.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts
Of course....that's part of it...but really...does there have to be a purpose to be able to communicate with spirit?...we can...so we do....does a spirit have to cross over...what ever that means...even a death has a purpose... even AFTER death there's a purpose...what if the deceased person is supposed to hang around.....to do something...then move on....anyway...I decided my purpose is simply to be here to help if need be...and my own guides help me help them....I take no credit for helping as it's a group effort ....but I'm always grateful at being included and present when they come to me for help...or I encounter someone in need of assistance....anyway...it always feels good to help no matter who it is....so if there's anything I can help you with...I will if I can...
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts
Sorry...the last sentence didn't come out right....lol...
Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts

I understand completely what you are saying. ;) I don't think we are much different than people who can jump higher than others or withstand extreme temperatures. I can use it or not use it, like having blue eyes and wearing brown contacts doesn't change blue eyes permanently, you know.

I think its just like with the living; that some people are drawn to talk to some people and certain personalities get along better with others. It may be the same for them.

I reference a "purpose" b/c I had a woman on the other side tell me that a lot of people were waiting to talk to me, and she told them I wasn't ready(she was so sweet and protective, one of those people that just wanted everything to "go alright"). I figure there has to be something to it, because I certainly don't go starting conversations with any ol' body that can hear me. lol. IMO there has to be some trust or common thread. I would think the spirits that choose to talk to a certain person trust them to follow through and interact in return. Being able to communicate is only part of it, there has to be a openness and willingness to acknowledge them(at least I think so).

I can hear and see different frequencies living or *passed* and what have you. I feel some type of way when people say I'm "special". The outcome of an encounter is what's special. I'm still learning to be comfortable with the reality of it all. Thanks for the feedback!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book