Empaths and Seeing things/people

To post a reply, login or signup

Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
Is it normal for empathy to be more acceptable to seeing outside this world?? Ever since I was a little girl I've had this guy who was like a protector but not a guardian angel. I felt like I knew him from a past life or something. Also had a woman show up. I call her "the lady in white" and she's not a good person but at first she just seemed like an old woman then she changed one night and while she's getting worse and I see her more. The guy is disappearing and I see him less. Any ideas??P.S. They are not the only things I see or hear.
updated by @mouse: 04/21/17 11:43:43PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Yes, some empaths do see/feel/hear other beings. The guy sounds like he might me your spirit guide. Not sure about the woman. Do you meditate? If you do, that is an excellent time to find out if he is in fact your guide. When you are in your meditative state, ask him the questions that you want answered by him and see if he obliges.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Within
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
786 posts

Hi...I think it's pretty normal for people who are empaths to have more than the empathic ability...and I'm pretty open to spirit...the woman you see...you say she isn't very nice....how so? Do you feel comfortable in describing how she changed?...

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
786 posts
Ya...well...science also seems to be too strict in it's thinking and parameters....that doesn't allow for expression and freedom of thot and ideas on spiritual issues....that have been around longer than science...I agree that religion is the same concept. ..I'm spiritual....not religious...which is a broad subject...and less technical....so...if your here to tell us we're mentally ill...you've done your job....this might not be the right place for you..
Patricia2
@patricia2
2 years ago
2 posts

Yes, Karen I agree with you.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Remb01, You do not show much empathy though you claim it, which makes me wonder...... The discussion above doesn't have anything to do with religion, but spirituality. There is a difference. And for jumping to such judgements and accusations, please take it elsewhere. Your abrasiveness is not appreciated. If you would use your empathy (that you claim to have) you would understand this. There are some things that science cannot explain as of yet.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Mouse, please don't take some statements that have been made here personally. I doubt that you are mentally ill as some are trying to suggest.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
786 posts

So...I've been thinking about what rembo1 was saying..and I can honestly say....I enjoy being mentally ill...my life before mental illness was boring....and thinking like a non mentally ill person was difficult....and boring....so...I have been diagnosed with an unknown phychosis....which to me means in medical jargon....WE DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER...SO WE'RE GONNA GIVE HER A LABEL ANYWAY SO SHE CAN FEEL OUT OF PLACE AND TERRIBLE FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE....so...I could accept that...lay down and be depressed...or find out what the medical professionals are missing in their misdiagnosis of people such as myself....and what they're afraid of...science is flawed and boxed in...and tries to box me in with their line of reasoning and labels....so does religion...the energy of the universe is bigger than science...and constantly shifting and changing....no one rule applies to anything...and no matter how hard we try there are things out there no one can explain fully...so why do people feel the need to explain or label my brain....I'm quite happy with my brain...it's fun...expanding in ways that are cool....and I got to tell you off rembo1,who seems to represent the very thing I detest... and that made me feel better...so...thank you...perhaps that's one reason why you showed up...

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Karen, I doubt you are mentally ill either. You do not have to label yourself just as others did. The medical profession, in all of their science cannot fix some things regardless of how many pills/drugs they throw at it. And it makes me question.....is there anything to fix anyway? We are all beautiful in all of our different and unexplained empathness. I fully embrace the way I am, as a gift. I will not stoop to let someone label me as mentally ill because of the gifts that have been born to me. Do not let this bully get the best of you.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
786 posts
Lol...thanks...I was venting....lol...I do that sometimes... lol...what I was saying...really...was that if I'd listened to the expert opinions of certain people I'd be miserable....they couldn't explain with all their test why my brain could communicate with spirit...xrays...mris. ..etc...lol...so...they labeled me...I do not claim the label...I'm not mentally ill...my brain is doing what it always does...I now know it's normal for me...and I'm no longer afraid...lol...
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
:), I've been through various tests also......they can't find anything wrong with me. Exactly!
Leafherder
@leafherder
2 years ago
35 posts
Neuropsychologists who are being honest will tell you that there is more we do not understand about the brain (and mind) than what we do. Thank you for taking the logical view stemming from only those subjects for which we have some support; it is good to keep this in mind, and to keep us from flying off into dreamland. However, this subject is not particularly empathy, but more a kind of field research to find some consistency in experience before a hypothesis can be formed. Western Science has little definitive to say about it except as Karen said, to put everyone in the same box and call it mentally ill - you may notice we have very little respect for mental illness or anyone who has it in Western culture, so please be wary of attaching this label to people. Also, be careful of the assumptions you make when you speak in the name of all science so people don't get the wrong idea about science (science is having a tough time in popular culture right now!); this is not strictly a religious experience, and Mouse did not specify if these were hallucinations, or other sensory feelings that she was interpreting through the language of her senses.

I believe science will touch on these experiences after a paradigm shift or two, but please understand we are using the language that we have - like someone in the 1700s trying to describe a smartphone, or like "mental illness" instead of something more palatable. It can be off-putting if you are not open to that form of expression, but maybe we will agree on accurate descriptions eventually.

Yes, if these are actual hallucinations, Mouse should have them checked out to be sure they are not a health hazard. But she did say she's had them all her life, so that seems less likely than the field research tack.

As far as schizophrenia is concerned, I am hoping for many repetitions of successful treatment by shamans, and perhaps after a while we will understand what is actually going on: http://www.wakingtimes.com/2014/08/22/shaman-sees-mental-hospital/ .
Leafherder
@leafherder
2 years ago
35 posts
Yes, like RMEB01 said, someone predisposed to empathy may be predisposed to other variations in perception. But the word "empathy" does not carry the stigma that other forms of perception may. I can sense beings from time to time, a lot if I center and reach out, but to my knowledge no one who has been tagging along with me the whole way.If you have had these two beings accompanying you all of your life, what makes now so special? Has anything changed in your life or are you anticipating a change that might indicate a change in these two?I am with Cat Whisperer that talking with your spirit guide it may help you figure out the issue.
Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
I'm not religious and if they were hallucinations I wouldn't be telling a lot of strangers that I have them so I can have more people judge me
Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
When I was younger they showed up at the end of my bed when the rest of the family was asleep. Usually I just see them at home but people can be around. I don't have to be alone when I see them. I can't see the guy in person anymore but I still see the lady in white very clearly. I have even drawn her many forms. Any more questions??
Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
No thanks. I feel like you're trying to dissect me so you can prove if it's really hallucinations or not. I'm a very sick person always have been. I have many health problems but not mental problems and they're not hallucinations.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I believe Mouse was wanting to share a clip of her visions with us and wanting an Empaths opinion, not a Diagnosis of a mental condictionMouse, Yes, you do see and hear things that you cannot explain. The ones that questions your sanity does not have the same equivalence of your gift.Did you come to the conclusion that the lady in white was bad due to sight or by feeling her. Sight, as you know, can be deceiving, it's the feeling I would trust. Pay attention if she's trying to look you in the eye without making eye contact. I suggest grounding and protecting yourself before preceding if you don't already do so. And send love to them.Contrary to popular belief, We do have visions with adquate sanity that are unexplainable. I've only have had one "bad" experience with a dark force that intended mental harm. I was fortunate enough to have a healer help me though it.I am of sound mind and do not need an explanation .I also suggest keep a daily journal of your visions and daily events. You may see a patten of when the guides are showing up and the reasons for the visits. For example, your feelings or dreams at the time of their visits.Stay strong and vision on....
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
786 posts
You can't believe that after you diagnosed her she'd want to talk to you...or would trust you....the pain I felt while reading your post wasn't just me...was a bunch of people....I know you...apologized...but it didn't feel like one... saying it and meaning it..well we notice the difference quite easily...so...just sit back and maybe learn to listen with your heart...that might be why your here...to clear and heal your heart and learn to listen....
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
786 posts
Lol. ...and I'm not talking about esp...or empathy.....human feelings and emotions....a tad different
Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
I wish I knew how to delete this post

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book