Weather and Empaths. Anyone ever feel like this?

To post a reply, login or signup

who_am_I
@who-am-i
2 years ago
27 posts

Everyone always says that weather affects our moods and our bodies. What if it does more then that?

You know when it's one of those days where the weather outside is dark and cloudy. The wind is cold and the rain is falling and all you want to do is lie in bed with a good book or movie? Most people hate those days, I love them. I live in long island, the days here are always sunny and humid no matter what season it is. The last few days we had a storm for the first time in what seems like forever. For three straight days, we had cloudy, cold, rainy weather. Everyone hid inside, but I wanted to dance in the rain.

Ive been struggling for some time now. I cant seem to find any peace in my life. I am always sad and tired. I feel like I am constantly fighting just to stay up. During those three dark stormy days, I felt better, more alive. I had the energy and the want to do things. Everything around me was breaking. The trees were being bend by the wind. The branches were being broken. The animals hid away from the storm, but all I wanted to do is stand right in the middle of it all. I would feel the wind go straight through me and it felt like a breath of fresh air. Feeling the storm gave me peace. It was like I was myself again.

On the fourth day, the sun and the humid came back and I was once again sad and tired. It felt like I wanted to jump out of my own skin and disperse into a million little peace's. I missed the storm. I missed the peace that it gave me. The peace that I am desperately trying to find.

On the fifth day, it was cloudy again and once again I felt that peace. That is when I realized that the weather had an effect on me.

The reason I am telling you this is because I was wondering if anyone has ever felt anything like this?

updated by @who-am-i: 05/03/17 01:49:01PM
Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
I've had this. I use to live in the country with my grandma and when it rained I was outside in it. just laying down letting the rain hit me or running through it. I think it has to do with everything and everyone hiding from the rain. We get a break from people, animals, and/or objects emotions. We just feel the earth and how it is drinking up that rain and how it's glad to have the sky open up. That's my opinion anyway.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I love the rain! :) I also love the sunshine. I get a different kind of rush from each of them. The sunshine makes me happy, kind of like the light from the sun is the Earth giving me a great big hug. And then the rain makes me feel refreshed. I love it when it rains at night in the summer and I can go float on my back in the lake down the road as the rain pours down on me. It makes me feel like the "guck" of the world gets washed away. Both are different feelings but equally good. I think all empaths like nature and maybe it's just a personal presence what kind of weather you like. I personally don't like fall, and it seems like the rest of the world does. Just a preference thing.
dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

I've felt that way! I absolutely love thunderstorms because of the electric buzz you feel when they come through. I love the rain as well, and enjoy going outside for walks in them. The amount of draw I feel to go outside in the rain depends. Rain helps cleanse away negative energies so when I'm feeling extra stress, I want to go outside and wash it away. I never did this consciously, it was always just a natural 'want.' The sound, the coolness. It's very invigorating to me.

who_am_I
@who-am-i
2 years ago
27 posts

You know I never thought of it that way. That when it rains everyone hides, and we are alone that's why we feel that freedom. Thank you!

who_am_I
@who-am-i
2 years ago
27 posts

Since it does not rain where I live very often, I take a cold shower to wash off all that negative energy. O know what you mean by the "natural ' want'". Its like its calling out to you.

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Maybe you should use rain and thunder sounds when meditating. You could feel balanced every day. Just a suggestion...
jules.I.AM
@julesiam
2 years ago
3 posts
Sun, rain, snow,they all give me different feelings but all comforting. The change in Weather also makes me crave intimacy

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book