Blocking Abilities

To post a reply, login or signup

Kate3
@kate3
2 years ago
2 posts
Hello all! I am new to this group and hope I can find some answers through this community.Does anybody have knowledge or have been able to put into practice the ability to suppress that of being an empath? I've been one (among other things) my entire life, it is exhausting, what's even more exhausting is trying to block it out. If I don't block it out, I become so overwhelmed by others that I cannot leave my house. Are there any tips or tricks to make it more manageable to function as an empath out in the world without exhausting myself in the process?
updated by @kate3: 01/14/17 02:29:01AM
MintyEmpathy
@mintyempathy
2 years ago
157 posts
I never worried about being overwhelmed I am not afraid not scared unconcerned about it I love it most people sadly are afraid of there gifts there not beautiful there just really cool to have an they can even be useful like it would be very useful if your a therapist try using your ability for good and not be afraid
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
272 posts

Hi Kate:

This question seems to come up in one form or another every few weeks here.

You are in the right place! You are no longer alone, you are now part of a community that has been where you are!

Some reading material for you to get you going...

1. Elise'sEmpath Survival Program.
  2. Donna Eden'sZip Up Technique
  3. theTools for the Empathgroup
  4. Thriving As An Empath - my own favorite for reasons that will be obvious when you go there. I personally use this technique every day and many of the people I have shared this with have had a lot of success with the Conduit of Energy contained here. The main principle here is that it is about reversing the flow so that instead of from-them-to-you it becomes from-Source-through-you-to-them. Try it every day for a week (preferably multiple times a day) and you WILL feel different!

Let me quote from Thriving As An Empath. "we suffer as empaths when we are only in receptor mode, we thrive as empaths when we step into healer mode". It is a gift, not a curse, but only if we learn to use the gift.

Keep asking questions. We are here to help.

Blessings,

Trevor

Emplamatic
@emplamatic
2 years ago
7 posts

hi kate, i'm feeling overwhelmed often too.

hi trevor, thanks for posting those links!

AlyssumFlower
@alyssumflower
2 years ago
9 posts

Second, third, fourth, and fifth Trevor's post!!! lol

My experience/understanding/impression is that you're never going to completely block it out. It's a part of who you are. And it is a gift. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but it is a gift.

What you need to focus on is *coping* with it, and *filtering* the emotions, learning to *control* that flow, not get rid of it all together. The more you try to get *rid* of it, the more it'll smack you in the face, like any other part of yourself that you'd try to deny.

Kate3
@kate3
2 years ago
2 posts

Thank you all for your support.

Trevor, I will check out those links.

Sorry about the late reply. My internet has been down and I have been crazy busy.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book