It's a little overwhelming...

To post a reply, login or signup

yarnivore
@yarnivore
2 years ago
6 posts

Hello all,

I think I've only ever posted once here. I've known for quite sometime that I'm an empath and really just started embracing it about eight months ago. It's a little overwhelming, especially when there isn't anyone who gets it. I guess I can't say there isn't anyone who gets it because there are one or two people who do, but no one I can sit and talk to on a regular basis. My best friend tolerates it and my boyfriend(for lack of better word for him) shows genuine interest but its still not the same as another empath. My teenage daughter is empathic as well but doesn't care to talk about it.

I live in Ohio. I work from home and really only leave the house to go grocery shopping or out to eat occasionally. I spin yarn, I weave and I crochet. I feel drawn to crystals and healing.

Theres so much going on inside of me right now that I don't know where to start to begin sorting it all out. What do you guys do to put things in priority or organize your thoughts?

I feel a little bit alone in all of this.

Yarnie

updated by @yarnivore: 01/15/17 03:18:58AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
I just figured out a few months ago that I am an empath. I have been one all of my life, but never knew why I felt the things I felt. It is overwhelming but embracing it is the start of getting all of the emotions sorted out so to speak. I have found that meditating is a huge help. Also you need to read the Empath Survival Guide as well as some of the other resource writings on this site. You are no longer alone on this journey, you are home :)Shine on....
yarnivore
@yarnivore
2 years ago
6 posts

Thanks for the replies. I needed to hear it tonight. Its an especially hard night.

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Well, you will definitely need to join an least one empath community. If you can find one locally, you're lucky! But keep in contact with us and other websites that address this topic. I think a lot of people are just finding out about themselves. I didn't realize I was until this year. You will meet people who will nod and smile, or roll their eyes, but a lot of them will want to talk about it, and be drawn to you, because they know inside that you're right.

Most of us are empaths, if not all of us. You're not alone.

yarnivore
@yarnivore
2 years ago
6 posts

This is the only community I've found so far. I'm glad for it, though. I don't really tell anyone unless they are an important part of my life.

Siriusly
@siriusly
2 years ago
3 posts
I agree that meditation helps. My yoga practice and meditation are like a sanctuary for me.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
To put things in thought, try meditation. :) I haven't figured out the whole religion thing and I'm not about to go into it. But I have found through exploring a lot of different religions and beliefs, meditation (or prayer if you identify with a religion that incorporates that) can help sort a lot out. Or even if it doesn't sum up to any kind of answers, it can put your heart at ease. It helps me feel more comfortable about not knowing or understanding everything. I meditate so during my meditations I ask for the higher powers of the universe for guidance and some kind of reassurance that what I'm doing is ok and/or on track for my life. If you pray, then pray for that same guidance and reassurance. Whatever higher power is out there (even if it's just our higher selves), DOES listen and guide. I hope this helps.
KRenee
@krenee
2 years ago
15 posts
i am so delighted to have this space where we are free to express what is the truth of our reality in this most extraordinary gift - only now am i able to embrace it entirely - words can never tell all that has taken place over the years filled with frustration, isolation and despair however EVERYTHING up until this point now makes sense... take it one day at a time, try meditation when you have quiet time on your own and know that your life has great meaning, you are never alone :) remember to breathe and focus to stay present without getting caught up into energies that have nothing to do with your purpose ~ wishing you endless blessings of light and peace
yarnivore
@yarnivore
2 years ago
6 posts

I haven't figured out the religion thing either. Its one of my many struggles. :)

yarnivore
@yarnivore
2 years ago
6 posts

Thank you so much. It's such a relief to have a place where I can be myself and talk about all of this without having someone look at me like I've sprouted a second head. I don't post much but I read a lot on here and have learned quite a bit so far. You guys are the best!

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I've grown to think it's a struggle AND a blessing. My hope is, that whenever I find a religion that "fits" it will be like that magical moment when the lock and key click. That being said, whenever a new religion sparks my interest, I spend time understanding it and applying it. The closest fit I've found this far is bahi. But I haven't completely committed. It's hard! Sending love and wisdom your way. <3Ps, you can still try prayer AND meditation for guidance. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book