Borderline Personality Disorder

To post a reply, login or signup

Skeletubbie
@skeletubbie
2 years ago
40 posts

I was with a psychiatrist in 2014 and he said I have the symptoms of BPD.. I don't remember if I was diagnosed but I can understand why he had the idea...

My emotions are out of control and I'm afraid to go get a job and do something with my life. Feeling other people's emotions give me chronic pain in my back leaving me with anxiety attacks.

This was waaaaay before I found out about being an Empath. I feel like I'm not really one at all, and that I'm just crazy.. Maybe I have the random mood swings and depression because of the disorder. I don't know.. I'm scared to go back to a doctor because whenever I get medication, none of it helps me. It barely makes a difference as to how I feel.

But at the same time, I experience a lot of things not a lot of people do. Am I just seeing things? Am I really sensing the paranormal, and other people's emotions or am I literally crazy?

I'm really scared right now. I might be overthinking this whole thing, I don't know. If anybody knows anything, please reply to this thread.

Thank you.

updated by @skeletubbie: 03/29/17 05:39:01PM
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts
Hi!Well, memetal disorders are really just emotional things. You most definitely are an Empath, I will tell you that right now. Hands down, you ARE an Empath! All you need is a little bit of protection from others and their energies! Unfortunately I have somewhere I have to be in 5 mins. I will inbox you later I promise! :-)Lots of love xxxKaitlyn
Skeletubbie
@skeletubbie
2 years ago
40 posts

Thank you so much sweetheart! :D

I'm looking forward to that!

Hope you're having a good day.

Megan4
@megan4
2 years ago
4 posts
I'm prob no help here, but I will tell u this... I knew a guy a long time ago who, looking back knowing what I know now, was also an empath. The docs and his parents convinced him that he was depresessed and put him on meds. When I saw him after meds he was totally different. They numbed him.. And I absolutely hated being around him after that. Everything he said and felt felt foggy to me. I still think about him from time to time and wonder if he ever figured it all out... Anyway, my point is its def better to try and understand it and figure the whole thing out WO meds... This is not gonna go away just BC you took a pill. There is nothing wrong w feeling things. You just need to learn to identify what is yours and what is others and practice is the best thing for that. Says the girl who was just balling her eyes out 3 hours ago n has no idea why... Lol
Skeletubbie
@skeletubbie
2 years ago
40 posts

That's exactly what I felt when I took medication. It totally numbed me and I didn't really give a care in the world for anyone, or anything. That isn't me at all. I want to be able to do it on my own and fight it without relying on medication for the rest of my life. My mother says I can't do it on my own. She doesn't understand me. Nobody really understands me around here besides my best friend. I even told my mom about me possibly having emotional abilities, following with physical and she looked at me as if I was going nuts. So I now know not to tell her anything about the subject.

And yeah, I ball my eyes out out of nowhere sometimes. It's pretty overwhelming.

Thank you for your response.

Megan4
@megan4
2 years ago
4 posts
I know the loneliness and overwhelmed feelings all too well... I think this forum is a great resource tho. No one here is gonna judge you. You are NOT alone in this.... You just have to find the right kinda people to talk to. Cause some people will have you convinced you are nuts!
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Lol, I'm laughing at myself. It wasn't long ago I was asking the same questions. But a very wise Empath said this to me. "If you are questioning if your an Empath and your questioning the things your seeing and the feelings your feeling then your an Empath because if you wasn't, you wouldn't be questioning it. You wouldn't care. Every time I start question myself I think back on this. I hope their words of wisdom helps you also. It took a load off my heart and my mind and now I can see clearly and actually start learning my abalities. Meditation helps me I'm still not perfect at it but though you have to begin somewhere. I'm going growing more peaceful every day. The more knowledge you seek, the more focused you become on everything and everyone around you. My fault was anger and physical pain. Now I stop and ask myself, who's feelings are these? Mine or someone else's. And it's usually someone I made eye contact with my bests friend relationship problems or my fathers bad knee. These people on this forum are wonderful! When I open this page up, my breathing slows down, my mind starts to relax because these people are kind!
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
I just seen the topic name : Borderline Personality Disorder. I think Non Borderline Personality Disorders are the ones we need to worry about! They are hiding something
Joyce
@joyce
2 years ago
1 posts

First of all, you are not crazy. I am in recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder. You feel emotions more strongly than other people. Medication isn't a cure for BPD. What helps is therapy, like Dialectical Behaviour Therapy or DBT. It helped me recover. You will take on other's emotions because you will notice their microexpressions and empathize with them.

Check out my blog here for more information on BPD: https://makebpdstigmafree.wordpress.com/

I hope I have been helpful.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book