What are your abilities? How to you control them?

To post a reply, login or signup

icefeather
@icefeather
2 years ago
4 posts

I have recently discovered I am an Empath. I also found my mom is one too. I don't know much about this so I want to know if I have the same abilities as someone and how to learn to control them. Like how to turn them on and off.

updated by @icefeather: 05/05/17 11:31:22PM
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Good question!

My empath abilities:

-I'm very perceptive and sensitive to other people's emotions, thoughts, intentions, dreams, their "inner worlds" basically

-I'm really sensitive to colors, and very perceptive of how they effect human emotion

-My nervous system is highly sensitive, so you could say I'm a "highly sensitive person" and I am sensitive to others' energies, so I need a certain amount of time alone every day

-I have trouble making eye contact with people because I feel like I'm staring into someone's soul when I look them in the eyes

-It's easy for me to make connections with people, because I feel like I know them, even before I've met them or talked to them much

I control my abilities by making sure I have enough time alone to "recharge," by getting enough sleep every night, by eating well (my abilities are much more intense when I'm not healthy... when I'm doing good physically my nervous system is much more able to process all the info. that floods in every day), and lots of other things..

I also try to keep myself away from people with "toxic" energy (people like narcissists..etc.). What I'm working on right now is setting boundaries for my family members, so that they know more about what I need. Most of my life I've pushed my own needs aside, but recently I've found out that doing that has only added to pent up emotions inside of me. I've also been asking others what they want/need, thus taking the pressure off myself to "read their minds." 'Cause that's what I try to do all the time! I'm fairly good at it, but it can be stressful.

I also have a lot of different things that I do to control the "side effects" that I experience :) (like depression and anxiety). But in general, this article,Thriving as an Empathhas helped me a lot.

Hope this helps!

CalgaryEmpath82
@calgaryempath82
2 years ago
19 posts

I am very perceptive. I can sense other peoples emotions upon walking into a room And at times it is more than enough to know what they are thinking.

I can sense when people are being honest or deceptive.

I am very sensitive to sound, and have incredible long range hearing. I am sensitive to bright light as well.

After e stress for years of being an unbalanced Empath, for me now being VERY balanced and helping others that unbalanced is a gift to me. On a personal level.

CalgaryEmpath82
@calgaryempath82
2 years ago
19 posts

The key is not to block out anything, but to embrace it with control. What I mean is that you want to have them ON, butnlearn to filter the emotions properly. Compartmentalize. It takes focus, knowing how to center, and being at peace with who you are, and why you believe you here.

icefeather
@icefeather
2 years ago
4 posts
This is really helpful information! Thank you guys!
CalgaryEmpath82
@calgaryempath82
2 years ago
19 posts

I was the most unbalanced Empath there was. On meds for panic attacks which I had 30 times a day! Scared to go out, and much more.

Now, I'm not on any meds, I'm very balanced, have a path, and love life.

I owe a lot of this to the guidance from from spirit guides. I will forever be grateful for the guidance and love I have received

MintyEmpathy
@mintyempathy
2 years ago
157 posts
Well to be honest I am Much better feeling past emotions I can read peoples past that leads to there present
Problem I may only get Half but it's enough for.me too tell I don't get how Its like I get a.picture.or I end up writing it or telling them as if it was my own experience not sure if I do feel but I just call this time empathy if you really think about it most empaths don't actually feel past emotions I asked people and they said I feel how people felt when that person told the.story.
Well anyways thats my ability it's stable so I don't have to worry about restraining or stopping it because It started out like it is now balanced when I first.developed it it's weird but it kind of sucks because I don't have to do anything to balance my ability because It started out balanced

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book