My soul cannot Rest...are You tired too?

To post a reply, login or signup

BuriedAliveWalkingDead
@buriedalivewalkingdead
2 years ago
5 posts
As a child sleep wasn't a problem. I was a child, able to free my mind, a strong project. .fly away to visit strange and familiar places. As I grew up, I becam aware, unable to quiet the energies and spirits. I am a full blown insomniac. .I only get sleep every few days, and never feel rested. I have tried rx mess and alternative methods....can anyone help me? ??Restless and Aware
updated by @buriedalivewalkingdead: 06/11/17 06:31:59PM
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Wow, I'm really sorry that you only get sleep every few days... that sounds so hard! I can't say I've struggled with this much, but here are some things that I know of that might help:

-When you go to bed, try the "zip up" method. Zip up an imaginary "pouch" around yourself, to block out all other energies

-Meditation (as Sandie suggested)

-Don't eat anything before bed, especially not anything sugary or high in protein

-Don't use technology for at least 30 minutes before trying to fall asleep

-Keep your work space separate from where you sleep

-Try progressive relaxation and visualization techniques (you can find these online)

-Sometimes when I can't sleep I try to "watch" a movie in my mind, and remember as much of it as I can :) This usually makes me tired, keeps me entertained, and distracts me really well from stress and negative energy

-Make sure you're the right temperature; our body temperatures naturally need to drop a little when we fall asleep, so if your bed is really warm, that might be a problem..

-Determine the things that are most on your mind, the things that bother you the most, and make a list of them. Then make plans for what you can do to make them better, and then when they come into your mind as you're trying to sleep, tell yourself that you "have them covered" (that you already have plans for what to do)

-Write in a journal or read a book before bed. Semi-boring books work especially well :)

-Take a warm bath or shower before bed to relax your muscles

-You could also try prayer. As odd as it sounds, this is one of my favorites! It helps me so much..

Anyway, I hope these might help a little. They probably won't work right away, but maybe they can help you get a healthy sleep routine going again. Best of luck!

BuriedAliveWalkingDead
@buriedalivewalkingdead
2 years ago
5 posts
Thank you ...you are so kind...I've tried everything ...and every mefication..the only things I haven't done are with meditation. ..I don't know how...I've worked with therapists. .but I live alone and have no family...I just embraced my this life after fighting it my whole life...I can't quiet the energies..spirits..pains....I'm very lost....but thank you and Sandie so muchAwake in Buffalo
Kate
@kate
2 years ago
131 posts
If you are still having problems with trying to channel or "quiet down" what exists within you then maybe this is not what you have to do. In fact, you might need to release them. Your pains, fear, life stories. One of the first steps is accepting that they left a mark and opening the memory inside you. Accepting the lower frequency but know that you are moving towards something better, let your mind free/do not try to consciously control your sensations. More than ANYTHING, at your point (after failed medicamentation, therapy sessions, etc...) search not only the help of the environment (go in nature, near water, under trees, walk, climb, keep moving) but maybe also of another person in the first stages, someone from a different background who will come and listen to what you sense or think or have inside and wants to help (maybe yet another therapist xD? I don't know)I used to have the noisiness problem when I draw, paint... sensed it "around other people's heads", or when I returned from the mountains/countryside into my city. Sometimes(many times) it is the layer created by the human mind that has a certain feeling depending on what dominated people's lives, and it can get much more unnerving than anything from nature which you accept instinctually. More that these ones, electronic devices, strong antennaes and radio waves/high-pitched frequencies can have a worse impact in the long run. Most of the time you forget about them. But because I have had the occassion to travel abroad every year and in different places and having this sensibility/sponginess/6th sense I could not tone down but LISTEN to it and INTEGRATE it, I find myself having "mild" longings(really can longings be mild lol) for different places.Prayer, as well, works. I do not desire to push buttons but, generally speaking, I do not understand why all this fuss against a religion or another. From my point of view (and I have read and studied about many) THEY ALL have important lessons and principles one can learn from and they are there and have been created in times when women were raped on streets in daylight and wars and conflicts existed on a daily basis... and the human needs rules to co-exist... and the notion of respect towards life forms.These aside, after trying to clean yourself, BuriedAlive, then you can move to being in the present and building in the future ^^ And this insomnia might come from your worries and fears, from desiring to make a living and trying to think about the future but still having unsolved issues with yourself, thus remember, you yourself are the basis and nothing can't be built without a basis.Kit Kat's list is very helpful too.About the book thing though, I sometimes have this feeling that immersing myself in the "world" of the book is yet another form of escapism I shouldn't embrace right now :/ which is weird because I never had something like this before and I like to read, but I guess there are periods and periods.In my case, even watching a documentary about dolphins (example!) helps me relax and enjoy the moments so much.Also, some time spent with a loved one, friends that think/feel the same... brings balance, if it is the right person :)Also when chosing your meditation techniques and music (you could start with the progressive chakra opening ones) again, go after heart/feeling, not rational mind. The latter you use in trying to keep your thoughts gathered in one place/protect during meditation, stuff like that... many times it's too much too (In my case at least).
one_empath
@one-empath
2 years ago
13 posts

Add me, I can suggest something to you

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

You're welcome <3 ...that sounds so rough! It's my belief that medication makes lots of health problems worse, but if that's the only thing that works... then I guess it might be the right answer. I hope things get better for you soon!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book